Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gonzalez Out With Hamstring Injury

SilentHill

I've got this sick feeling in my gut that other teams are gonna have WR injuries soon, sign TO, Moss, and Housh, and then Gonzalez, Collie, and White will all get put on season-ending IR, and we won't be able to sign anybody worth a crap, and we'll be doomed to a painful season of watching the Colts offense not be able to move the ball at all. Wayne and Clark will get double-teamed regularly... ...really hope this doesn't happen...

Really he hasn't played in what the majority of games in the last 3 yrs.

Hamstrings are tricky. He may not be out long, but I think it's time to play or find a new home. I like Gonzo, but this is getting almost to the pathetic point.

Agree 100%. This is getting to be a pain in the behind. :pullhair: Well in my opinion he better buck up or this will be his last year for sure. Wonder how he got hurt this time? :hmm: Wonder if he will ever be able to get a full year in. :dunno: Not looking good so far.

Moss should just start showing up to the Colts' practices and preseason games and watch with the rest of the fans. It'd create a huge media buzz and he'd get more familiar with what they are doing offensively. Plus the coaches would keep seeing him sitting over there watching while several of our WRs are sitting out injured and it'd only be a matter of time before we went ahead and signed him. That'd be awesome! Not signing him, that'd be cool and everything, but it'd be awesome for him to keep showing up at practice and games and putting pressure on us to sign him. It'll obviously never happen, but would be awesome to see...

I've got this sick feeling in my gut that other teams are gonna have WR injuries soon, sign TO, Moss, and Housh, and then Gonzalez, Collie, and White will all get put on season-ending IR, and we won't be able to sign anybody worth a crap, and we'll be doomed to a painful season of watching the Colts offense not be able to move the ball at all. Wayne and Clark will get double-teamed regularly... ...really hope this doesn't happen...

Hey Chicken Little, better not look up.

Moss should just start showing up to the Colts' practices and preseason games and watch with the rest of the fans. It'd create a huge media buzz and he'd get more familiar with what they are doing offensively. Plus the coaches would keep seeing him sitting over there watching while several of our WRs are sitting out injured and it'd only be a matter of time before we went ahead and signed him. That'd be awesome! Not signing him, that'd be cool and everything, but it'd be awesome for him to keep showing up at practice and games and putting pressure on us to sign him. It'll obviously never happen, but would be awesome to see...

if he was asking for a 1 year, he would have been signed 2 weeks ago when the rumors started. no doubt about it.

the rub is that Moss is not settling for anything less than a 3 year deal, which Indy does not want to give him. sounds like they are firm on that stance. Housh is another story. he is only seeking a 1 year contract.

I think the Colts need to hire a yoga instructor or something. I know a lot of temas are having injury problems this yr., but it seems the Colts are always getting these nagging injuries.

maybe the eyes need to start falling on the strength/conditioning/medical staff. there were calls for it last year, but if we continue to lose starters, the staff won't be able to escape scrutiny.

Hidden

I think the Colts need to hire a yoga instructor or something. I know a lot of temas are having injury problems this yr., but it seems the Colts are always getting these nagging injuries.

I heard somewhere that men who do yoga end up breaking out with all these little sores all over there bodies, something like in this link...

Disclaimer:

this link is only for users at least 18 years of age, and for those who are not offended by yoga and vegitarian jokes, thank you

http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Vaginitis

if he was asking for a 1 year, he would have been signed 2 weeks ago when the rumors started. no doubt about it.

the rub is that Moss is not settling for anything less than a 3 year deal, which Indy does not want to give him. sounds like they are firm on that stance. Housh is another story. he is only seeking a 1 year contract.

ahhh, I see. I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

How is he being a Chicken Little? He is describing exactly what happened to us last year so it is not like this would be unprecedented. Those who don't learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

Dear God, look at all the scenarios in his post. That is a staggering amount of things to have happen. On top of that, we know nothing about the severity of the injuries. Forecasting doom and gloom without knowing all the facts, expecting the worse - is that not the very definition of a Chicken Litte?

I don't blame Indy for not wanting to go 3 years on Moss. As for Housh, 1 year is fine but the problem there is that he wants more of a role than the Colts are currently willing to offer. So he is playing the waiting game right now to see if some NFL team suffers an injury at the wideout position and becomes desperate.

Dear God, look at all the scenarios in his post. That is a staggering amount of things to have happen. On top of that, we know nothing about the severity of the injuries. Forecasting doom and gloom without knowing all the facts, expecting the worse - is that not the very definition of a Chicken Litte?

Hey dude, I said I have a sick feeling about it, not 'oh my god, this is what's going to happen!'. Just worried about what could transpire and I overexaggerated my stance to get my point across. That's all man. I really hope we all stay healthy and don't have to bring anybody else in. That would be the best case scenario IMO. I just have a bad feeling it isn't going to work out that way, ya know?

Looks like both Gonzo and Collie are taking this week off ... why go out and get dinged catching (attempting, anyway) high passes (that expose your ribs to CBs) from Painter. Or running routes and getting some muscle strain getting your timing right with Orlovsky? There is no reason for the #1s to really be on the field this week.

Let Smith, Brooks, Gilreath, Horn, Moore and Williams get their reps with the B/U QBs so the coaches can decide who they want to keep.

Bet you Wayne, Garcon, Collie, and Gonzalez are in every practice next week in preparation for the Packers.

(And I sure hope Peyton will be in practice soon!)

lol Ok...Blair White didn't go on IR but the rest of that stuff happened just last year. True we don't know for sure how things will play out on the injury front this year but with the exception of White (who is hurt right now) most of those guys he alluded to don't exactly have a very good track record for staying healthy. So some Colts fans will be very concerned and understandably so.

And everyone is wondering why so many of us liked the idea of Housh, it seems there are a lot of short memories around here. We are an offensive team that is what we are and that is why we were looking at TJ. As for TO pain in the * yes, great receiver yes, past his prime most likely, he certainly cant run like he used to but he is tough and a hard worker, just needs to shut up and play.

I sure hope we dont get injury bitten like last year because our division got a lot harder to win in the offseason.

I could be wrong here. And its jmo... But I think Gonzo will be back in football shape. Its not surprising that we have Colts with hammy injuries. Was it not expected because of the lock out? There is no simulation for REAL, practice. I'm not going to worry until preseason game 3 or 4, about what could be a minor injury. These guys havent played and missed a LOT of practice time. I think gonzo will play well this season. I hope I am right. And he isnt injury prone. Hes been injured 2 pr 3 times in his career that i can remember. Once he was put on IR and he needed to be there. His second IR was not needed and he could have helped us later in the year. Not his fault that the coaching staff got scared and who can blame them for all our injuries last year?... Face it. If you want to call Gonzo injury prone. Just go ahead and face the fact. This TEAM is injury prone.

not sure why you guys are so tough on him,

im sure last year he was ready to play, but it was decided to use their ability to bring a player back of injured reserve on sanders over gonzo

so ya, im sure he will be healthy and will put up decent numbers, i assume 750 yards 7 td's

manning probably will get to 5000 yards

So not a story. We expected hamstring issues months ago due to the lockout. If he strained it slightly, the right decision is to sit him down for a few days, let him get some treatment, and then ease him back into full activities. Other wise it could be a serious problem for a long time. This is the same hamstring issue Garcon had at the beginning of last year. It didn't get better until we sat him for two weeks, and then he was fine.

And everyone is wondering why so many of us liked the idea of Housh, it seems there are a lot of short memories around here. We are an offensive team that is what we are and that is why we were looking at TJ. As for TO pain in the * yes, great receiver yes, past his prime most likely, he certainly cant run like he used to but he is tough and a hard worker, just needs to shut up and play.

I sure hope we dont get injury bitten like last year because our division got a lot harder to win in the offseason.

These reactions are what's wrong with the boards around here. He's sitting out a freaking pre-season game because of the same problem 100% of the teams around the league are facing right now: hamstring injuries. There was a lockout, people. This is as common as they come. We have no idea of the severity, or the length of time he will be inactive.

So not a story. We expected hamstring issues months ago due to the lockout. If he strained it slightly, the right decision is to sit him down for a few days, let him get some treatment, and then ease him back into full activities. Other wise it could be a serious problem for a long time. This is the same hamstring issue Garcon had at the beginning of last year. It didn't get better until we sat him for two weeks, and then he was fine.

Exactly. But you will soon find that no one will read what you've typed here.