Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Have You Been to Lucas Oil

Moncrief

Just curious of how many of you have been to Lucas Oil Stadium for a football game and what was the atmosphere there and what it was like?

I personally have been to one and it was against the Jags back in '10. We needed that win so badly to get in control of the AFC South and the fans were so kind. The old man behind us had conversations with my dad throughout the game and the other guy that was next to him gave me permission to use his binoculars even though I didn't need them. It was also the same game my boy here to the left of the screen got knocked out and it happened right there in front of me. I even had on my Collie SB jersey.

I found it pretty funny that every time Peyton stepped onto that field the whole stadium would get quiet as if they were all like "Shh let the Sheriff think."

We sat in 420. Excellent seats I think.

Yes I have season tickets.

The atmosphere really differs whether it's an important game/rival and if the score is close.

Alright in that case the old glory days with Peyton when we relied on him to make these comebacks from you know where

Been going to two games a year for about ten years now. About a 6 hour drive from Bama. We stay the weekend at various hotels downtown and walk to the games. Love the city. Best dressed homeless people I've ever seen.

Just curious of how many of you have been to Lucas Oil Stadium for a football game and what was the atmosphere there and what it was like?

I personally have been to one and it was against the Jags back in '10. We needed that win so badly to get in control of the AFC South and the fans were so kind. The old man behind us had conversations with my dad throughout the game and the other guy that was next to him gave me permission to use his binoculars even though I didn't need them. It was also the same game my boy here to the left of the screen got knocked out and it happened right there in front of me. I even had on my Collie SB jersey.

I found it pretty funny that every time Peyton stepped onto that field the whole stadium would get quiet as if they were all like "Shh let the Sheriff think."

For years I made the 3 hour drive to Indy to see games in whatever seats I could afford. Now my daughter is engaged to a season ticket holder (section 128) and I get preferential "first refusal" treatment when he doesn't, or can't go to the games. Saw a few great games and a few yawners, the crowd is very enthusiastic but you could hear a pin drop when Peyton was driving the ball.

I went to last game in RCA dome, and I went to the first game there and it was AWESOME, 10 times better than old RCA dome, I love the HUGE window wall, I was in the nose bleed, but I went to the concourse by the huge window wall at half time, and been to one game a year, can't wait to go back this year and see a game ;}

I went to the playoff game against the Jets. It was my first time at LOS and it was the most fun I've ever had at a game. Being from the Chicagoland area I'm usually in the minority being a Colts fan, so being in Indy with my fellow fans made me feel at home. Its so true that when Peyton stepped on the field you could practically hear a pin drop throughout the entire stadium, but then on 3rd down when NY had the ball it was almost deafening. I'm happy I at least got to see Peyton play his last game in a Colts uniform, but its also bittersweet since it was a loss :(

Alright in that case the old glory days with Peyton when we relied on him to make these comebacks from you know where

Also had seasons tickets in the RCA Dome, the dome seemed to be great every game. So much louder in the Dome, but Lucas Oil is a lot nicer just doesn't get as loud.

Last year the Texans game at home was a great one crowd was in it the whole time and against the Titans when Brown had his long run the place went crazy. It was really hard for the crowd to get into some of the games last year, though... lol

I go to about 2-3 per year. Years prior to last year the vibe was intense when Manning was on field. Pin drop quiet when he runs the offense and then nutso when we score. Great vibe.

Last year, still a good vibe, but people less crazy intent on watching the game. More people walking around and just having a good time.

I went to the game against Pats a couple years ago when we were getting stomped and came back in the 2nd half. Woooweee were Pats fans talking major smack. When Reggie caught that catch TD I think I jumped over three rows.....talk about an eruption! Lucas was crazzzzzyyy!!

ALWAYS a good time in Indy though. It helps when you have buddies with good seats too......

Indy043.jpg

Indy056.jpg

Indy060.jpg

Hung out with Tom Moore after a game a few times. VERY COOL guy!!!! Down to earth and just likes to hang out crack jokes and relax.

TomMooreandBillSimpson.jpg

Been a season ticket holder since 2004. Lucas Oil Stadium is quite the football palace, but the atmosphere pales in comparison to the RCA Dome, IMO. Still, I appreciate that my lower back and butt don't hurt by the 3rd Quarter like they used to in those metal bleachers at the Dome.

I was actually at that same game. Dec 19th 2010. The same game Collie got his 3rd concussion (Wife almost cried). We sat in section 116, row 3, seat 21 & 22. One of the best days of mine and my wifes life. She had never been to a football game and wasnt really a fan of football til she got with me. She converted to being a colts fan, not by marriage, but because of her liking the team. Collie is her favorite player and we got a great picture of him catching a TD. The atmosphere was great, everyone was super nice and social. The stadium is super nice, great layout. Got our faces painted and everything. We plan on going to the Dec 30th game against the Texans, but this time with both my daughters. (9 and 1)

I went to the RCA dome in '05 while I was home on R n R from Iraq. The owner of the largest factory in my home town heard that I am a huge Colts fan and gave me tickets so close to the field I could touch helmets. Unfortunatly that was the game against the Chargers that ended our 13-0 streak. In '10 I was able to go to the 2nd Houston game at LOS. I was able to go onto the field prior to the game and get my picture taken in the end zone and another one of me wearing a SB ring. I also attended the All Pro Dad event at the practice field and was able to meet Jim Caldwell. I wasn't a fan of his couching but he is one heck of a nice guy.

I was actually at that same game. Dec 19th 2010. The same game Collie got his 3rd concussion (Wife almost cried). We sat in section 116, row 3, seat 21 & 22. One of the best days of mine and my wifes life. She had never been to a football game and wasnt really a fan of football til she got with me. She converted to being a colts fan, not by marriage, but because of her liking the team. Collie is her favorite player and we got a great picture of him catching a TD. The atmosphere was great, everyone was super nice and social. The stadium is super nice, great layout. Got our faces painted and everything. We plan on going to the Dec 30th game against the Texans, but this time with both my daughters. (9 and 1)

Ya! What a game that was!

I actually plan on going Dec 30th game also that's my birthday! Woooo

Attended only one game, their first pre-season game in 2010 with the SF49er's being the competition, as a guest. We lost. Our seat numbers began with "6". If I lived in Indianapolis, would definitely have season tickets.

At that game, Jim Irsay presented Peyton with his 4th MVP award. Loved the stadium and was surprised with the build up in that area, sports bars, etc.

I was surprised to see the giant screen say "please be quiet offense at work" and you could hear a pin drop.

Fact is, they don't even need the message on the big screen. I think Indy fans are very smart football fans. Frequently enough, those that aren't paying attantion, or don't know to be quiet when the offense is on the field, often get an earful.

The funny thing in my mind is that people talk about how friendly and kind Indy fans are to fans of other teams when they come here. Sometimes I even wish we were less so. However, they aren't that way to other Indy fans who don't know to be quiet during offensive drives. I've seen a few get torn to shreds.

We were at that game...right above you in section 626. I can still hear the crowd chanting "Aus-tin Col-lie" and remember the chills it gave me. I had a hard time not crying it was so emotional.

We've attended at least 3-4 games a year since LOS opened (a few in the Dome, but not many). One year, actually I think it was 2010, we bought season tickets on stub hub and this year for the first time ever we are officially season ticket holders ourselves! Can't wait for the season to start!

Went to last years Texans Thursday night game. Got the tickets off Ebay for $22 for a pair. Turned out to be the best Colts game I hvae seen in person. Then it turned into nerves that we would win the final game and lose out on Andrew Luck.

Its much nicer than the Dome, but the dome was much louder.. The "Quiet offense at work" thing on the jumbo tron has been around for awhile now. It will be interesting to see if the fans continue that tradition..

Its much nicer than the Dome, but the dome was much louder.. The "Quiet offense at work" thing on the jumbo tron has been around for awhile now. It will be interesting to see if the fans continue that tradition..

I figured it has. I saw it on tv during the 4th and 2 game

We were at that game...right above you in section 626. I can still hear the crowd chanting "Aus-tin Col-lie" and remember the chills it gave me. I had a hard time not crying it was so emotional.

We've attended at least 3-4 games a year since LOS opened (a few in the Dome, but not many). One year, actually I think it was 2010, we bought season tickets on stub hub and this year for the first time ever we are officially season ticket holders ourselves! Can't wait for the season to start!

Oh my god yes. I remember that entire place being dead silent like at a funeral and then you hear one person start saying that and before you knew it everyone was saying it.

I have been to LOS twice. The first time was the playoff game vs. the Ravens aka the "dang it, Donald" game. The tickets were a gift from my baby brother (a Panther fan). Since I had never attended a pro or even a college football game, he wanted me to experience the excitement of being there.

LOS is amazing and I was actually rather dizzy just trying to soak in everything. And, I realize this sounds silly; but when Peyton walked onto the field, I found myself swooning and marveling that he and I were breathing the same air. :drama:

However, before the game started; a fight broke out between an unruly, drunk Raven's fan and some Colt's fans and I found myself wondering what I was doing there when I could be safely watching the game at home on my big 19" TV. But, security quickly subdued that woman and the game was great . . . especially since the Colts went on to win. :td:

My second visit to LOS was last year at the game vs. the Jaguars. Sadly, that game did not end with a W and the crowd quickly thinned out after the third quarter. But, the story of how I got those tickets is one that I like to retell even though I know that many of you have heard it before (sorry).

I always enjoyed wishing a "Happy Birthday" to the members on Colts Direct. For anyone who may not now, Colts Direct was our sister site at the time.

One day I received a message from one of those members thanking me for my birthday greeting and offering to give me free tickets to the Jags game. This was someone I had never communicated with before and I am sorry to say that my first thoughts were ones of disbelief and trepidation.

"Yeah, right, sure. Some guy wants to give me free tickets. I'm not that naive. I've read about those Craig List killers. :omg: This guy just wants my name and address so he can stalk me."

But, I decided to take a chance and found out that this guy was sincere and wanted nothing more than to give me free tickets. He even spent quite a bit to ensure that those tickets arrived in time for me to able to attend the game.

Now, I am just sitting back and hoping that another one of my brothers or another kind stranger offers to give me tickets. But, in the meantime; I still have that big 19" TV. :)

I figured it has. I saw it on tv during the 4th and 2 game

We go at least once a year. I have gone about every year since mid 90's. I was at the 4th & 2 game and I can honestly say that the noise level from my perspective was very close to the RCA dome days. Unfortunately, I have not experienced any other game in LOS that compares to the noise in the old dome. But as I get older, my analogy would be that I guess I don't have to have the old car with a kickin loud stereo anymore. I'm happy with the new, more comfortable ride...