Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Projecting our offense

dpete

This may be an exercise in futility since we have so many options it seems like, but how do you expect our offense to look for 2012? The addition of the two TEs raises so many questions. Will we even run 3-wide sets this year? Who lines up outside in the 2 TE sets? Will Allen play some H-back? Fun things to speculate about!

4 Wide with lots of speed - Wayne, Avery, Hilton, Brazil

Convential Pro-Style - Wayne, Collie, Fleener, Allen

3 Wide - Wayne, Collie, Avery/Hilton/Brazil, Fleener

Big Man Running Formation - Wayne out wide, Eldridge and Fleener on the LOS, Mahaffey as lead blocker

Lots of possibilities.

I could see Allen being used as a 3rd & short blocker/decoy receiver. H-back is another option which could also be dynamic, seeing him catching passes in the flat.

I expect a myriad of formations, however, a primary 2 TE, singleback set.

4th & long could see 4 WR's and Fleener lined up slot/inside/outside, empty backfield.

Bubble screens (ala Garcon) with our new waterbug, Hilton, would be doubly effective with stout TE's blocking downfield.

I could see Allen being used as a 3rd & short blocker/decoy receiver. H-back is another option which could also be dynamic, seeing him catching passes in the flat.

I expect a myriad of formations, however, a primary 2 TE, singleback set.

4th & long could see 4 WR's and Fleener lined up slot/inside/outside, empty backfield.

Bubble screens (ala Garcon) with our new waterbug, Hilton, would be doubly effective with stout TE's blocking downfield.

Allen was a 3rd and short conversion machine at Clemson

QB - Luck, Stanton, My Uncle Rico

RB - Brown, Carter, Ballard (Ballard on short yardage situations)

FB - A hitting dummy.

TE - Fleener, Allen, Eldridge (Eldridge always in on obvious run downs)

WR - Reggie, Austin, Avery, Hilton (He's gonna be a STAR if he doesn't get knocked out).

LT - Costanzo

Rest of O-line - Who are these guys???...and somewhere in there is Ijallana.

QB: Luck, Stanton, Harnish

RB: Brown, Carter, Ballard

FB: Mahaffey, Gronkowski

WR: Wayne, Avery, Brazill

WR: Collie, Hilton

TE: Fleener, Allen, Eldridge

LT: Castonzo. Linkenbach

LG: Reitz, McGlynn

OC: Satele, Kirkpatrick

RG: Justice, Anderson

RT: Ijalana, Tepper

Looks good except you have Ijalana and Justice reversed

FB - A hitting dummy.

WR - Reggie, Austin, Avery, Hilton (He's gonna be a STAR if he doesn't get knocked out).

LT - Costanzo

We signed uncle Rico, NO WAY!

FB - A hitting dummy.

LT - Costanzo

I chuckled. Good stuff.

Big Man Running Formation - Wayne out wide, Eldridge and Fleener on the LOS, Mahaffey as lead blocker

Lots of possibilities.

I'm thinking Allen on LOS in these situations... seems like a slightly better blocker than Fleener ATT. Time will tell. Psyched about 2012!!!!

Really think we're set on offense. I'm really excited to see the offensive unit play together.

Still worried about the defensive secondary though. Just got to believe the coaches know what they're doing!

with pagano's defense the secondary coverage was all ed reed. their cb's were average and that was ok because they knew they could get to the qb before their cb's get burned if the throw was made reed was there to contest it. we will probably do the same thing with bethea

It all starts with the protection. If they can give Luck some time, watch out, if they can't then it's going to be a very long season.

I think it's a given that he will not have a bunch of time back there but he has a quick release, that will help. He will get sacked a ton to be sure but isnt that what we expected anyway? Yes, it is what we expected. I'm all for getting some good o-line help next years draft. Too bad we couldn't have been the Steelers, they got two GREAT O-linemen in this year's draft. Unbelievable linemen in this year's draft for the Steel City. But that's ok, we have Luck and if that's all we got this year in the draft I'd be happy, but look what we got...... two of the best tight ends to come out in the draft for the same team in the history of the draft, a burner in Hilton (steal of the draft), and even got a underated running back from Miss. State !!!! Oh and not to mention that we picked up a nose tackle and another receiver.

Looks pretty good. Probably won't carry 3 QBs, which gives us 25 on O. 3 ST (P, K, LS) Leaves us 25 D spots.

I'm really interested to see how that line gels together. I don't have a lot of faith in Justice as a starter.

Looks pretty good. Probably won't carry 3 QBs, which gives us 25 on O. 3 ST (P, K, LS) Leaves us 25 D spots.

I'm really interested to see how that line gels together. I don't have a lot of faith in Justice as a starter.

I would almost bet they carry 3 QB's considering last yr.. Besides that, the 3rd QB don't count against your roster on gameday now.

Wayne--Whalen-----Castanzo-Rietz-McGlynn-Olsen-Ijilana-Fleener------------Collie

------------------------------------------------Luck-------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------Carter------------------------------------------------

Lots of possibilities.

I think you're all over it P-nator

We will have multiple formations...inclduing the two-TE, two-WR thing ther Patriots do..

.........and will force our foes to stress out prepare for multiple formations

We dont have a beginner at QB.....the rep is he can handle it...

We may be more of a powerful offensive force than even that blue and white team that used to play in central Indiana

WE may have outdone oursleves..

I would almost bet they carry 3 QB's considering last yr.. Besides that, the 3rd QB don't count against your roster on gameday now.

Right, but he does count against your total roster. Since that third guy will only play pending disaster I'm thinking they'll puy Harnish on the PS and let him run scout.

You're counting Peyton as one of the 3 we had on the roster at one time? That was a special case.

Wayne--Whalen-----Castanzo-Rietz-McGlynn-Olsen-Ijilana-Fleener------------Collie

------------------------------------------------Luck-------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------Carter------------------------------------------------

I know McGlynn can play center but start over Satele?

will start out with wayne-- castonzo--reitz--satele--justice--ijilana--allen--fleener>(will move to slot on 3rd) collie

luck

brown

this formation is similar to what bruce arians did with steerlers. it allows us to run the ball more effectively because of the two huge te's we have. also we can pass out of it because defenses will have their base formations in which will allow both fleener and allen to have a significant advantage.