Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game

GoColts8818

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Some of you act like Buckner, Lewis, and paye are just replaceable. They are being paid for a reason. Then add all of them bring out at the same time this is going to happen, colts are going to be fine when they get some guys back.

The defense still sucks when those guys are healthy…look at the defensive ratings since Bradley arrived…same garbage over and over. You overestimate these guys. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Some of you act like Buckner, Lewis, and paye are just replaceable. They are being paid for a reason. Then add all of them bring out at the same time this is going to happen, colts are going to be fine when they get some guys back.

they were all healthy last year and we had a bottom 5 ranked defense .  lewis and paye are not great they are serviceable rotation pieces

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

The defense still sucks when those guys are healthy…look at the defensive ratings since Bradley arrived…same garbage over and over. You overestimate these guys. 

I think it’s hillarious you all think this defense today is what it usually looks like. This is  not what our defense usually looks like.

Just now, coming on strong said:

they were all healthy last year and we had a bottom 5 ranked defense .  lewis and paye are not great they are serviceable rotation pieces

Thid defense does not typically look like it did today. Wr couldn’t get pressure today because we had no one on the dline.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bad loss today regardless, now I am on a rant homer simpson GIF- 37 points lol to an 0-4 team.

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I said way back in the off season.  I thought Ballard coming out and going wild on the  media and defending Mitchell was dumb. There was a reason he slid. I said just let it play out. Ballard knew it but wanted to go on a rant. There was no need to defend Mitchell. I was fine with the pick as i thought he had a lot of upside, but there had to be red flags for him to slide that much. Now it looks like Mitchell is afraid of contact after 5 games and that's a biggie.

I remember this too because I was right there agreeing. The whole “Ballard knows Mitchell is a fine young man and will give 110 percent” crowd was indignant. Lol 

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Colts also continue their trend of being the team that allows career days for offensive players.

Trevor Lawrence with a career high in passing yards

Tank Bigsby had a big day as well.

Fields as well

• Like 2

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I didn't like the missed and broken tackles. But the lack of pass rush was evident the entire game. We didn't get close to Lawrence. Too many injuries.

Agreed, the pass rush was bad.  But why would have Pays and Lewis made more of a difference than Latu and Dayo?  Paye doesn't sack, he's an edge run defender.  If you tell me its because they were gassed, I'll say they didn't have a pass rush the entire first half.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The players were chosen/signed for Bradley's scheme, and Flus before that.  Its symbiotic, IMO.  He should have blitzed Trevor more but probably thought it would expose the CBs.  But, it was the FS that was the main problem.  Flowers gave up a play on a communication issue...that was a good play by JAX and I doubt a starter would have mattered much there.

Don't get me wrong, the players were terrible today just like Gus. But, when one of the greatest coaches of all time calls you out for running a basic scheme that doesn't work anymore and the stats again and again support that statement isn't it about time to cut Gus loose?

• Like 3

I know this is a broken record, but the fact that Ballard made NO moves in the off-season to bolster up the secondary (draft or FA) is incredibly damning. Even after he himself stated that he should have done more to bolster up the secondary last year. If anything wants me to see him get canned, it's that specific negligence.

We made Fields Lawrence and Malik( to a degree) look like way better QBs then they actually are. That's no good...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Colts also continue their trend of being the team that allows career days for offensive players.

Is anyone surprised?  

We are the QB Healers.  

Let’s just phone in the forfeit to Jacksonville next season.  Take the loss and treat it a bye week to heal up.  

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Brian thomas jr 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

points lol to an 0-4 team

Don't dwell on this.  JAX was competitive in all of their games, and Trevor is a good QB.  They have had a rough start but they are better than their record, IMO.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

defensive roster is below average even when healthy .  paye is average so is lewis people act like having them back makes the defense good .   secondary is horrible linebackers are average to below average .  Its the same thing every year and ballard just doesnt care he walks around like he won multiple rings .   ballard is so full of himself for no reason he hasnt done anything in 8 years but cry about luck setting us back .

He needs to go. It is sad as a Colts fan when I  actually sit there and dont go crazy for your team in a game like this. I find myself rather numb. When it was 34 to 34, I wasn't jumping up and down. Part of me is like if we win, it just masks the lack of talent on this D. The bandage needs to be ripped off now. I have been for ever criticized. However , I  have been saying for years that this team will never win under Ballard. He can draft on offence and I will give him that. The manner in which he builds a team is not flawed. Build in the trenches will always lead to success. The big problem is that he has missed on building the Dline and it has cost him tons of draft capital and ridiculous 2nd contracts. The drafting of the secondary has been an utter disaster. U can blame Gus, and I don't like him much. However, I beleive if he went to a talented team and ran  his D. I think he would have some success. I doubt Ballard would have any success going to another team. I have said it for years. People say he is transparent and the media has given him a pass. I have always said that I find him very arrogant. He not only refuses to change but actually doubles down when criticized.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Don't get me wrong, the players were terrible today just like Gus. But, when one of the greatest coaches of all time calls you out for running a basic scheme that doesn't work anymore and the stats again and again support that statement isn't it about time to cut Gus loose?

Fine with me, but several to many players would have to be cut too.  I don't think that scheme change solves it all.  Paye and Blackmon probably need replaced, as well as both LBers.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So is ravens defense bad today for giving up all those points?

teams can have bad games on defense when playing an elite offense .  When our defense has been bottom 10 the last 3 years then its not just a bad game .   WE are dead last in the nfl in defense . Outside of buckner and grove the defense is meh

- Injuries or not, a defense has to give you more than that if you are going to have any chance of winning a game.  This secondary is not very talented, has no depth (no surprise there I guess to anyone other than Chris Ballard and his minions) and continues to give up big pass plays like its candy on Halloween.  

- We all want AR to develop into a franchise level QB and I think he has the raw tools both physically and mentally to do so.  What Flacco gave us today was mostly a veteran, All pro level performance at QB: essentially the type of performance we would all be happy with if AR puts that out.  Yet, we still lost to an 0-4 team had a struggling QB who had lost the last 9 games he started all because our defense was a complete no show.  A lot of that is on roster construction of a GM who has had 8 years to build this thing in his vision.  I will say it right now: this defense is going mess up with AR development if this continues.  Having to consistently make "hero" plays to make up for what one side of the ball is not giving you is not an ideal way to bring this guy around.  

- In reality, nothing will change because there is and has been a lack of real accountability with this organization for the past several years.  Unfortunately, that starts with the owner holding a certain standard, path for improvement throughout the whole franchise.  

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

No, that would be mean.

The biggest issue today was the complete lack of pressure on Lawrence, he had all day to pick apart the secondary, you can in some way make excuses for that with the pass rush players we have out but you can't make excuses for the complete lack of ability to tackle the runner on a constant basis like today. There is no excuse at this level for that and I'm probably more frustrated with that. On a side note they need to get Pierce more involved in the passing again, he's shown time and again this season he makes big plays.

3 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

I remember this too because I was right there agreeing. The whole “Ballard knows Mitchell is a fine young man and will give 110 percent” crowd was indignant. Lol 

There is nothing wrong with defending a player. However, when  a guy with all world talent and play off performer,  slides to the 2ne round.  You just need to be quiet and let things play out.  If that player shows reason why he slid. You now as a GM look foolish.  It is quiet obvious that Mithcell is playing scared. He can improve and I am not writing him off. He just needs to man up.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Fine with me, but several to many players would have to be cut too.  I don't think that scheme change solves it all.  Paye and Blackmon probably need replaced, as well as both LBers.

We are playing strong safeties at free safety, it felt like. Plus, when your DL is short staffed, the logical response would be to throw in blitzes because they aren’t going to get home often for pressure. 

Coaching mistakes on D all over the place, IMO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He needs to go. It is sad as a Colts fan when I  actually sit there and dont go crazy for your team in a game like this. I find myself rather numb. When it was 34 to 34, I wasn't jumping up and down. Part of me is like if we win, it just masks the lack of talent on this D. The bandage needs to be ripped off now. I have been for ever criticized. However , I  have been saying for years that this team will never win under Ballard. He can draft on offence and I will give him that. The manner in which he builds a team is not flawed. Build in the trenches will always lead to success. The big problem is that he has missed on building the Dline and it has cost him tons of draft capital and ridiculous 2nd contracts. The drafting of the secondary has been an utter disaster. U can blame Gus, and I don't like him much. However, I beleive if he went to a talented team and ran  his D. I think he would have some success. I doubt Ballard would have any success going to another team. I have said it for years. People say he is transparent and the media has given him a pass. I have always said that I find him very arrogant. He not only refuses to change but actually doubles down when criticized.

correct , ballard has had so many busts at defensive end and corner its not even funny ...   the players he ends up rewarding with second contracts for the most part dont live up to the amount of money they get .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is no way why can lose. For those of you think they are supposed to look the same you are crazy 

Buckner 

Paye 

Lewis 

Samson 

Moore 

The offense scores 30 plus without your man child AR at the helm. The defense could at least make a professional effort to make one stop and get off the field. Next man up works for teams that draft or trade for good players but not Ballard or his * Defensive coordinator. Did you see the three man rush prevent before the winning field goal. next excuse.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Blitzes were not even working today. It’s just one of those days. I think it worked once 

Keep them coming.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't think the defense will get better until Ballard is gone. This is the defensive scheme he wants. He wanted HC candidates to keep Bradley as DC. He brings in the players for this defense.

I think it takes a scheme change and a shake up in the personnel.

Edit: Even if Gus is fired Ballard will just bring in a DC running a similar scheme.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Trevor Lawrence career day. 

I don’t care that we have injuries. EVERYONE has injuries right now. This defense is a joke. Gus is a joke. Ballard is a joke. This team will never advance with Ballard being who he is (and that’s not what I want to say, but I’m not getting in trouble for saying what I actually want to say) because he wants to be * cheap and TRY to be the smartest guy in the room. 

You don’t hang 34 points on a WINLESS team and still lose. 

This % cannot continue. 

Agree. Gus is subpar and Ballard has been hiding in plain site and once AGAIN we are headed for what looks like another disappointing season that will likely add to Ballard's much DESERVED below .500 record based on his lackluster decisions that continue to keep this team irrelevant on a YEARLY basis. 

The Jags were a WINLESS team who looked horrible offensively against everyone coming in dating back to last season. They were near the bottom of the league offensively yet Trevor had a career day against this dead last ranked defense. Injuries or not this should've been a game that was winnable but nothing is easy with this meh built team full of JAG type players that Ballard continues to double down on!! 8 yrs and counting....

The defense is designed to not give up plays but yet we give up an 85 yard TD which really changed the game. The guy was wide open on top of it. We had almost no pressure on Lawerence all day as well. Latu was a no show, you win in the NFL today by passing and scoring and getting to the QB. Flacco without a running game, I thought played a good game. The defense to my knowledge didn't sack blondy all day. He was sitting back there drinking Wine and goofing on us.

• Like 3