Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers Colts Predictions

danlhart87

7 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I think we will be big underdogs. Even Colts fans…. at least most of them…. realize that we’re going to get stomped because Richardson is inaccurate and the defense isn’t that great. Especially if we are missing some more players due to injury.

Currently sitting at one point favorites. That could easily change significantly this week as the betting ramps up, but that is where it is currently. 

• Thanks 1

Probably another ugly game.  Tomlin is definitely going to test our heart and grit as a team.  Heavy dose of the run.  If we can keep the run contained, I feel good about our chances.  Hoping Shane leans on the run as well.  Set up favorable 3rds where AR can either use his legs or make easy throws.  Keep AR from having to try and make “Superman” throws.  Tomlin is using Fields how we should be using AR, and that’s what worries me.  

43 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Oh man this game will be brutal.

Steelers - 34

Colts - 13

Might be like that if they stop JT. With a QB who can’t throw we have no passing offense 😭

• Like 1

It’s the Steelers. Remember that. They are our natural kryptonite. 

Luck could never beat them. Manning beat them only twice in his career with Indy. 

We beat them once in 1984 our opening year in Indy, and then never won again for over 20 years until Manning got them in ‘05. 

Overall record against the Steelers:

7 wins. 27 losses. 

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Luck could never beat them. Manning beat them only twice in his career with Indy. 

We beat them once in 1984 our opening year in Indy, and then never won again for over 20 years until Manning got them in ‘05. 

7 wins. 27 losses. 

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

7 wins. 27 losses. 

We beat them last year

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

We beat them last year

We did. 

That made win 7 overall. 

That team was also hit with injuries to key players on defense, and their offense was rough. 

This year’s version is not the same. And honestly neither are we. 

Tomlin is no fool. He’ll run the ball on us similar to Green Bay, and force Richardson to pass. 

New D scheme from Gus.   We just give the other team the ball on our 30 every time.  Try to hold them to a FG.  

This keeps the D fresh and gives our O more time on the field.  

I don’t think I’m even kidding.  

57 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Yea it’s going to be ugly. Need to limit his passing attempts.

I’m curious if they are working on his mechanics throughout the week outside of scheduled practice time. 3 1/2 or 4 hours of practice each week isn’t enough 

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

7 wins. 27 losses. 

I definitely hear you, but here's my prediction.  This is game 4.  AR really broke out in game 4 last year compared to his previous games last year.  I think think he has at least two drives where he completes passes for first down on third and short/medium and we win in a low scoring game.   I think Latu gets another sack as well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I definitely hear you, but here's my prediction.  This is game 4.  AR really broke out in game 4 last year compared to his previous games last year.  I think think he has at least two drives where he completes passes for first down on third and short/medium and we win in a low scoring game.   I think Latu gets another sack as well. 

I would love nothing more than to beat the Steelers. 

I know many hated last season because of how it ended, but man was I happy to see the terrible towels barely waving last year.

If Anthony can put some drives together against a very good (perhaps even elite) defense, it might change some minds on here on our QB as well.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

My guess is Taylor won’t run like he did today and AR will probably have to throw more. I haven’t looked at Steelers run defense but they haven’t given up many points.

They’re shutting down running backs so far. They haven’t allowed a single RB so far to get past 70 yards from what I can tell. 

They’re also picking off QBs all over the place. 

I will say that one reason they beat the Chargers so easily today was due to Herbert getting injured again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

They’re shutting down running backs so far. They haven’t allowed a single RB so far to get past 70 yards from what I can tell. 

They’re also picking off QBs all over the place. 

I will say that one reason they beat the Chargers so easily today was due to Herbert getting injured again.

Herbert probably should not of played. 

Steichen  is going to have to put together a unique game plan to win this game.