Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State

MTC

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Cyrus Gray??? Is he still on the board???

Yep. The guys at WalterFootball seem to like the pick:

170. Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State B+ Grade

Bill Polian couldn't draft running backs well ever since hitting with Edgerrin James in 1999. Donald Brown and Delone Carter aren't very good, so Vick Ballard could emerge as the starter eventually. This is the right range for him.

I guess they weren't impressed with Cyrus Gray when they had him in. I'm not so upset about drafting a RB but I think RB could have waited until a later pick. I know we still have 4 picks left but now we wait until the end of the 6th for our next pick barring a trade. This guy didn't grade very well either. *shrug*

I'd have rather had Billy Wynn, Chase Minnifield, Alfonzo Dennard, or even Jerry Franklin, Lucas Nix, Nate Potter.

I actually really like this pick. It gives us a good backup to Carter + Brown with the chance of getting into the rotation. He's a strong kid with a lot of upside. I would have liked Edwin Baker better, but this is a good 2nd choice.

Wow I knew we would hear this. While I didn't look at him I kinda figured we would look at a RB somewhere with these picks. Polk has had two shoulder surgeries. The kid plays faster than he timed and he played in the SEC and was very very productive. I don't like his fumble issues but he will make a nice between the tackle runner.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Hmmm.   ”Healthy excuses will be hard to come by.”    Really?   Richardson, who had less than a thousand snaps in college, then had roughly 200 snaps his rookie year.  There’s one.   And Houston has Stroud who had a great rookie year.  Aren’t most media predicting Houston and JVille ahead of Indy this year?  That’s two without any trouble.     I just think insisting on a division title because a fan thinks it’s time doesn’t stand up to much scrutiny.   Sorry, just my two cents…. And often not worth that much.   
    • For me absolutely it does. If Richardson stays healthy excuses will be hard to come up with. As positive as I am with Ballard at some point we have to start winning. He bet on himself by bringing in his own home grown talent this year, what he does at safety in the coming month and a half has me worried as well. We were so close to winning the division last year with a back up QB that my expectation is winning the AFC south this year.    If they make it into the wild card game and lose then the seat is just as hot for me. If they advance further and make a Cinderella run then I’m fully back on board.
    • 3 straight losses for the Reds. They have their moments where they play well. But it’s time to be real. They aren’t a playoff team and will never be as long as the Castillinis own them and David Bell is manager.    De La Cruz is fun, but his career will be wasted on this team. 
    • Am I reading this correct?   You think Ballard’s seat gets hot if the Colts don't win the AFC South?  Really?   So if the Colts don’t win the south but make the playoffs Ballard’s seat still gets hot?    Just making sure I understand your viewpoint. 
    • Yes, yes he did. If you scroll back to old Pagano post you’ll see how much blame he got. I definitely hold Pagano is regards to letting Luck down on the offensive side of the ball. I also see the Houston Texans inevitably going down the same path.   D’joun Smith is who you’re thinking of.   Grigson is looked at as an overall bust and a terrible drafter so naturally the blame will be more widely accepted. There is no doubt things will be heating up under Ballards seat if anything less then winning the division is obtained this year. The QB position has been his Achilles heel. If Richardson is healthy this season I believe his roster will be very heavily evaluated with no excuses this year.
  • Members

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 17,389

• Snakeman

Snakeman 0

Rookie
    • Boss7894

Boss7894 179

• legend300

legend300 140

• Jason_

Jason_ 2,312