Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State

MTC

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Cyrus Gray??? Is he still on the board???

Yep. The guys at WalterFootball seem to like the pick:

170. Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State B+ Grade

Bill Polian couldn't draft running backs well ever since hitting with Edgerrin James in 1999. Donald Brown and Delone Carter aren't very good, so Vick Ballard could emerge as the starter eventually. This is the right range for him.

I guess they weren't impressed with Cyrus Gray when they had him in. I'm not so upset about drafting a RB but I think RB could have waited until a later pick. I know we still have 4 picks left but now we wait until the end of the 6th for our next pick barring a trade. This guy didn't grade very well either. *shrug*

I'd have rather had Billy Wynn, Chase Minnifield, Alfonzo Dennard, or even Jerry Franklin, Lucas Nix, Nate Potter.

I actually really like this pick. It gives us a good backup to Carter + Brown with the chance of getting into the rotation. He's a strong kid with a lot of upside. I would have liked Edwin Baker better, but this is a good 2nd choice.

Wow I knew we would hear this. While I didn't look at him I kinda figured we would look at a RB somewhere with these picks. Polk has had two shoulder surgeries. The kid plays faster than he timed and he played in the SEC and was very very productive. I don't like his fumble issues but he will make a nice between the tackle runner.