Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bears post game thread

GoColts8818

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Ah so they’re just better people than us. Got it.

Better FANS?

Yes.

What is your explanation for the Tennessee game then?

Manning had to go to a silent count in his own stadium in the first ever home playoff game in Indianapolis. 

1 minute ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Yup it's called the yips.  Happens in golf on short putts all of the time.

AR needs to stay after practice and throw 100 short passes every day until he over comes this.  They get paid $millions to play a game.  It shouldn't be that difficult to do.  I am not sure if they don't want to abuse his shoulder or what but he NEEDS to practice it until his mental block is gone and his mechanics are right.

He has the technology.

As the game slows down it will get better.  The fact he understands how to make it better is really good.

47 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

I would like to thank the Mods for not deleting my account, as I requested. AR is not an NFL QB yet, and probably won't ever be. I love the Manning comparisons, but Peyton actually showed talent in High School and College. This kid couldn't hit the right side of a barn if it was painted red.

Feel free to trash me, but AR was a wasted pick...

Levis isn't  really any better and looking ahead to next year's  qb class I doubt  we find an answer there either. We have to hope AR improves

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Levis isn't  really any better and looking ahead to next year's  qb class I doubt  we find an answer there either. We have to hope AR improves

We do, though I don't see it, I hope I am wrong. Though, Levis was the better option. He can at least throw the ball like a QB.

• Like 1

Big overall team win today against the Bears. Anthony Richardson didn't have a great game but when your defense and other players around you on offense step up, you don't have to be to win. The amount of injuries on the defensive side of the ball is alarming though. The Bears have a rookie QB playing behind a bad offensive line so next week the defense will be tested more versus Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The NFL is a results oriented league and this sort of defect will be tolerated for only so long.  I don’t think we’re anywhere near that point.  Everybody knew that this was an issue coming in.  And it’s clearly still a major issue.  It won’t go away instantly.

But if it’s still as big a problem in Week 18 as it is here in Week 3, then that may set some things in motion.

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

I don't know what this even means. Allen is waaay more accurate than AR. Again, I like AR, I'm just saying that he is not going to be what this team needs based on what I've seen so far

Go back and watch Josh Allen's rookie season.

• Like 3

I largely approved of Steichen last season. So far this year, I’m incredibly underwhelmed. I don’t see the creativity we were told we would see with him having a QB like Richardson. I’m starting to feel like they’re telling AR not to run intentionally, possibly for fear of him getting injured? The RPO game feels neglected at best. 

Running is going to have to be a part of his game. And we’ve seen he can be good when he does. I also feel as if maybe they are asking him to do things and make reads in the passing game that are still “over his head”, so to speak, and it’s to no one’s benefit. 

The overthrows have got to start settling down. Defenses know we are going to throw deep sooner than later, and they know 99 times out of 100 when Richardson throws a bad pass it’s going to be an overthrow and not an under throw for all the reasons already mentioned. We’re gonna start seeing more safeties sitting back waiting to capitalize on those, and why not? They’re dependable. 

I’m still not ready to judge the defense after today. The Bears, specifically the offense, just is not good. We stopped the run, but the Bears are a terrible running team. Their run blocking looked like little more than unbridled chaos at the snap. Watching corners line up 6 yards off on a 4th and 1 will never not be equal parts confusing and infuriating. 3rd and long continues to be an near-automatic first down for opposing offenses, defying all logic. 

It’s nice to have notched something in the W column, but there’s still plenty of work to be done on both sides of the ball, and the sidelines. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I think it's overblown. Our O can't put together any drives so the other team gets more cracks at scoring. I think the pass yards against the D will go down when this O possess the ball a bit more.

Sadly we won't possess the ball more unless AR can start making easy passes. Once the league decides he can't, they'll just stack the box and our run game will go away 

AR can make passes that 99% of the NFL QBs cannot make ... But he CANNOT make passes that 99% of NFL QBs CAN make. 

• Like 2

My new nickname for AR, Wild Thing. Just picture Charlie Sheen with the horned rim glasses!! You make my Heart Spin! 
Recommend 2 things, Bring in Dr. Molly Griswold, the psychologist from Tin Cup to help AR kick the stigma of overthrows and immediately implement a platoon system with Flacco. He will still get playing time while giving us a chance to win more games!

Also, after tomorrow night, the AFC South will be 3 wins and 9 losses!! 

• Like 2

This was a win in the trenches game! One of the ugliest games Ive been to in a while! Jaylen Jones was lucky to be in the right place at the right time on both his ints, but didn't do well the rest of the game! Atleast they did give JT the ball in the right situations also! I know AR hasn’t played much, but that is No excuse for his overthrows! I’m afraid that this issue is more mentally affecting him than anything! He has Got to fix this issue asap!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

AR is 22 and played only 7 games but what's the excuses for many of these other QBs. So much awful QB play this year.

Stop making sense. What the uneducated forum GMs don't realize is that AR is the youngest QBs in the league and he's going against one of the best secondary and defences. 21 pts is the most they've given up in 9 games. 

6 minutes ago, IndyEV said:

This was a win in the trenches game! One of the ugliest games Ive been to in a while! Jaylen Jones was lucky to be in the right place at the right time on both his ints, but didn't do well the rest of the game! Atleast they did give JT the ball in the right situations also! I know AR hasn’t played much, but that is No excuse for his overthrows! I’m afraid that this issue is more mentally affecting him than anything! He has Got to fix this issue asap!!!

I feel like we aren't  having  this discussion  if ar played full season last year. Also we need to run him more

Seeing TY give JT the hug on his TD was sweet.

8 minutes ago, IndyEV said:

Did  say the same for Williams misses?

23 minutes ago, Myles said:

AR stunk today.  Bad mechanics, bad football thinking and bad overall play.  But it is nice to get a win (especially since I was watching with a Bears fan).  

It’s concerning that it’s his second game in a row where he’s looked pretty bad. I hope he has a bounce back game against the Steelers.

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I feel like we aren't  having  this discussion  if ar played full season last year. Also we need to run him more

The biggest thing if he had played a full year he would have worked through everything. He also wouldn’t have had to take January to April off and would have been able to work on mechanics. That surgery hurt more then missing the season I think.

41 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

We do, though I don't see it, I hope I am wrong. Though, Levis was the better option. He can at least throw the ball like a QB.

Levis just makes bone headed throws. For a guy that is more polished than Richardson  he should  not make those throws

42 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

What's their record?  How did they do against the Bears?

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The biggest thing if he had played a full year he would have worked through everything. He also wouldn’t have had to take January to April off and would have been able to work on mechanics. That surgery hurt more then missing the season I think.

I agree he spent the off season  trying to get back to where he was and didn't  really have the chance  to improve. That and the fact he isn't  being  used the same way as last year.

• Like 1

JT is still great. The oline continues to look good. It felt like Pierce was constantly making big blocks in the running game. 

AR made some massive mental mistakes. The first interception is one of the worst decisions you'll ever see a QB make. His arm is too ridiculous and our run game is too good for him to make mistakes like that. It's like the game hasn't slowed down for him. I hope it does, because you won't win many games playing how he did.

• Like 1

Just now, DattMavis said:

JT is still great. The oline continues to look good. It felt like Pierce was constantly making big blocks in the running game. 

AR made some massive mental mistakes. The first interception is one of the worst decisions you'll ever see a QB make. His arm is too ridiculous and our run game is too good for him to make mistakes like that. It's like the game hasn't slowed down for him. I hope it does, because you won't win many games playing how he did.

I felt he could have run it in on that play or threw it to the outside guy the guy at the back had three defenders covering him. That was never going to work.

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Levis just makes bone headed throws. For a guy that is more polished than Richardson  he should  not make those throws

Colts fans complained about Wentz....they'd complain even more about Levis...he's a younger Wentz. 

1 hour ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

My observations.....

SS is imo not a very good coach right now.  Perhaps he can learn but I am not liking what I am seeing.  For one, his play calling is very very vanilla.  Pretty much Frank Reich 2.0.  Where is the movement.  Motion.  Confusion? Remember the talk about how great the AR and JT combo would be with rpo's?  I don't see anything.  He was supposed to be an offensive guru.  Innovative.  New.  I don't see anything from him that says that at all.  He does not play to AR's strengths and instead seems to want to make him into a drop back QB.   It wasn't until the 4th Q that he started to play to his strengths and you could see AR's confidence rise like the morning sun.  His entire demeanor changed.  He actually got excited.  And for heavens sakes....use Taylor much much more.  Get him some swing and screen passes.  USE THE GUY.  He is the best player on the team by far and yet is used half as much as he should be.

And let me say this.  The play right before the 2 minute warning.  The kickoff? To me SS not telling the returners to run the ball no matter what just to get rid of the 2 minute warning?  A coach should be fired for that.  I was screaming at the TV before the kickoff to make sure the returner takes the ball out of the endzone.  That is SO BASIC of an instruction to tell your kickoff team that I am sure it is something that would happen in pee wee football.  The fact that SS failed to do that throws up so many red flags imo and is exactly something that Frank Reich would do.   I don't think he is very quick on his feet and his ability to adapt is poor.  And for a QB guru?  AR seems to be regressing.  Not progressing.

AR imo will be fine.  More than fine.  He has all the ability in the world and I really have to wonder why there are so many anti AR fans on this board.  He has played all of what?  7 games?   Who do you guys want instead as qb?   Wentz?  Rivers?  He is young.  Very talented.  Very high ceiling.  I will take my chances with him.  I really wonder though why he is not progressing with his accuracy.  Throwing a ball to a WR is something he has been doing since he was a kid.  It is almost like fielding a ground ball in baseball or shooting a free throw.  It should be a very basic thing to complete a 5 yard swing pass.  If I thought he was overwhelmed mentally or just did not have the talent to throw I would say that.  But he normally makes good reads and does not seem at all flustered by NFL defenses.  But his ball just sails.  Again, for an NFL Qb guru, SS is really failing AR in this regard.   AR is not Jeff George.  He is much smarter and actually cares. 

Chicago is not a very good team and the Colts would not have probably won against many other teams but a win is a win so it is what it is. 

the only thing giving me hope on AR right now is jordan love and josh allen .  both looked horrible and now are great , also malik willis looks good now .

2 minutes ago, IndyEV said:

Btw, did AD Mitchell even get looked to this game? I don’t even remember seeing him out there!? Same question goes towards all these so-called TEs the Colts supposedly have!?

It took Reggie Wayne a couple season to get going...and that's with an experienced Peyton throwing him the ball.