Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #3, Bears @ Colts, September 22, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Bears @ Colts  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will Taylor break 100 yards rushing in this game?

2. 2. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2024 at 05:15 PM

5 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

But but but he’s young and needs more practice… literally anyone of of us in the chat could make that throw. And he over throws him by a mile

I’d pay to watch you try that in a NFL game against a real NFL defense.  Yes a NFL QB should make that throw but let’s chill on the exaggeration a bit.

Just now, chickenMan said:

How do you build for the future in that situation? You get the rest of your roster to a Super Bowl level but your QB isn’t good enough to get you there, so then what? You can’t draft a new one at that point, you’ll be too good

Trent Dilfer.

Free agency. QB heavy class and move up in the draft.

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

I wish I saw what you see in AR. 

I’ve told you before, I don’t see a whole lot. I don’t honestly think he’ll be that successful. But what is the point in not giving him a chance? We know Minshew and Flacco, they might get you to the playoffs, maybe, but they’re not real winners. They’ve hit their ceiling. We need to give AR a chance to see what his ceiling even is.

• Like 1

Just now, Dingus McGirt said:

Some of you good people are apparently trying to make the forum difficult to enjoy.  Everyone, please have a good rest of your day.

Some of you cant accept seeing any criticism at all and have to argue forever about it.  im glad we are winning

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Trent Dilfer.

Free agency. QB heavy class and move up in the draft.

Trent f***ing Dilfer is not beating Allen, Burrow, or Mahomes in the playoffs. Trent Dilfer had the greatest NFL defense of all time, we do not.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Of course we will. But the whole point of a message board is to discuss.

For sure. We know what his issues are and there is going to be a lot of ups  and downs. If he is doing this consistently at game 17. Then we should all be worried but until then. I am just going to ride it out.

• Like 3

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

Well fortunately we held them scoreless…but this colts offense is just bad so far.

The pass offense is not great but the run game is fine.  For some reason Shane keeps trying to put the game in the hands of Richardson.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Listen to interviews with him, the kid knows it’s an issue and he seems to be working hard on it. He’s got a good head on his shoulders

Sure, he needs time that's fine. I've just never seen that particular issue before. There's been plenty of inaccurate QBs in the league, but most of them have no control of the ball. AR seem to place the ball where it needs to go, but it just lifts on him... Very weird.

• Like 1

Trent f***ing Dilfer is not beating Allen, Burrow, or Mahomes in the playoffs. Trent Dilfer had the greatest NFL defense of all time, we do not.

If you build for the future you can have a solid enough team to carry a subpar QB.

I noticed you ignored the rest. It’s ok. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

The pass offense is not great but the run game is fine.  For some reason Shane keeps trying to put the game in the hands of Richardson.

When developing a young QB, if you have a superstar RB, you should use him. Steichen’s play calling is bizzare

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I've been a big RIchardson supporter here and I do think he's more advanced than a lot of people give him credit for and I do think he makes the right reads almost always... BUT at some point he NEEDS to start hitting those throws and not sail them, because at the end of the day what's the point of making the right read if you can't complete it to that right read? 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Turftoe said:

:woah: That was close!

Instead if batting it back into the field of play and giving Chicago the chance to punch it in, we should've batted it out of the back or side of the end zone where even if the Bears ended up with it, it wouldn't matter - that was way too close (only 1 yard) to this game being tied at the half.

• Like 1

Obviously they won’t bench him but at this point 0-17 or close to it would be a good thing. Then find another qb. Draft is thin on qb’s but there has to be one better than this. 

Most important position in sports and this is what Ballard found. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, colts89 said:

Sure, he needs time that's fine. I've just never seen that particular issue before. There's been plenty of inaccurate QBs in the league, but most of them have no control of the ball. AR seem to place the ball where it needs to go, but it just lifts on him... Very weird.

My point was just that he’s not being stubborn, he’s definitely working on it. It’s not a personality issue.

• Like 1

Just now, azcolt said:

Obviously they won’t bench him but at this point 0-17 or close to it would be a good thing. Then find another qb. Draft is thin on qb’s but there has to be one better than this. 

Most important position in sports and this is what Ballard found. 

“0-17 would be a good thing”

So you’re actively rooting for this team and QB not to be successful? I just don’t get you guys

• Like 4

I’ve told you before, I don’t see a whole lot. I don’t honestly think he’ll be that successful. But what is the point in not giving him a chance? We know Minshew and Flacco, they might get you to the playoffs, maybe, but they’re not real winners. They’ve hit their ceiling. We need to give AR a chance to see what his ceiling even is.

I am all for giving the guy a chance if he has potential, but I don’t see the potential of him getting more accurate. Honestly I think this whole Richardson project is going to just be a waste of time when it comes down to it. I think all we are going to succeed at is getting a top 5 draft pick. I wonder what all the Richardson defenders will say when/if we go 0-8? Hell we might not even win a game. AR does have a good mindset but he just isn’t a franchise qb.  

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

I am all for giving the guy a chance if he has potential, but I don’t see the potential of him getting more accurate. Honestly I think this whole Richardson project is going to just be a waste of time when it comes down to it. I think all we are going to succeed at is getting a top 5 draft pick. I wonder what all the Richardson defenders will say when/if we go 0-8? Hell we might not even win a game. AR does have a good mindset but he just isn’t a franchise qb.  

With all due respect, I don’t see how a season of Joe Flacco isn’t just as much of a waste of time

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I've been a big RIchardson supporter here and I do think he's more advanced than a lot of people give him credit for and I do think he makes the right reads almost always... BUT at some point he NEEDS to start hitting those throws and not sail them, because at the end of the day what's the point of making the right read if you can't complete it to that right read? 

Good summarization here by Holder. He knows exactly where to go with the ball. Just get these

mechanics down. ASAP 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

I don't think Steichen is doing the offense any favors honestly. Don't get me wrong AR is making plenty of mistakes, but Steichen is calling the offense like AR is a seasoned veteran.

Kind of agreed. I don't see a lot of imagination and inventiveness out of Steichen. I don't think he's giving him many easy looks or designed runs... Sure, Richardson has some blame for some of the bunnies he misses, but I thought this offense would be much more dialed in than we've seen so far. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Put Flacco in and get another 9-8 season, for eternity.

Would rather have a 0-16 season followed by a top draft pick, than another mediocre season. A swing and a miss is better than half-arsing it.

Couldn't care less if Richardson throws 100 INTs this season; if he's not injured, he stays as the starter.

• Thanks 2

People being ready to give up on AR and he hasn’t even completed a full season of football is insane.  In retrospect, people are ready to move on from a rookie qb after his 7th game lol.  

just turned the game on but from looking at the stat sheet, seems we have more balance and JT is doing his thing.  Keep running the ball and setting up the play action.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I don't think Steichen is doing the offense any favors honestly. Don't get me wrong AR is making plenty of mistakes, but Steichen is calling the offense like AR is a seasoned veteran.

Maybe that's the plan much like Manning. They want to put him in positions where he has to be a qb more than an athlete. We know he can run but we need to find out if he can throw. In the end, that's what he will have to do in order to be that guy.

Just now, stitches said:

Kind of agreed. I don't see a lot of imagination and inventiveness out of Steichen. I don't think he's giving him many easy looks or designed runs... Sure, Richardson has some blame for some of the bunnies he misses, but I thought this offense would be much more dialed in than we've seen so far. 

AR hasn’t played very well, but Steichen isn’t helping him. That goal line INT from AR was a stupid decision, but that starts with the dumb play call there. Don’t ask your rookie QB to play a bootleg option and make a throw within 6 inches in the end zone. That’s just stupid.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Good summarization here by Holder. He knows exactly where to go with the ball. Just get these

mechanics down. ASAP 

Hi 👋. Your wife's team is killing my survival pool. I was sure the Bucs would beat the Broncos in Tampa.

1 minute ago, rock8591 said:

Put Flacco in and get another 9-8 season, for eternity.

Would rather have a 0-16 season followed by a top draft pick, than another mediocre season. A swing and a miss is better than half-arsing it.

Couldn't care less if Richardson throws 100 INTs this season; if he's not injured, he stays as the starter.

Agreed. Even if Joe Flacco goes 9-8, so what? He’s 39, he’s going to be retiring soon. He is not the future of the Colts.

31 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Like u said in earlier posts. I am not going to comment on Richardson until the end of the season.  Give him 17 games to prove if he is the guy. There are going to be a lot of ups and downs. Getting all in a tizzy during and after each games is just not worth my energy. Verdict will come and we will know by seasons end. I have every confidence that he is the guy. Just needs to clean up accuracy and hit on short throws. I am confident he will do it. Now the defence is another matter lol.

AR is in his sophomore year....on paper. Technically speaking he is a rookie, who has like 3 full games under his belt, and 7(?) starts in total.

He has to go through the phases of groth, what should have happened last season.

Just now, stitches said:

I'm most disappointed with the running game. I think it's unimaginative and not at all what they were hinting at with the AR/JT combo.

I also think a guy like Pittman who's been as reliable as they get (if not very flashy) has been absolutely nowhere this season. Extremely disappointed with him so far.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

“0-17 would be a good thing”

So you’re actively rooting for this team and QB not to be successful? I just don’t get you guys

No I would like a champion but the worst thing possible is being not bad enough to replace AR. 0-17 is much better than the  4-13 or so that they might eke out. They certainly won’t win even the 8 of last year and of course winning 8 hurt us in the draft.

Of course Ballard has to go for it to matter.