Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Packers post game thread

GoColts8818

6 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

They hit the holes previously where they were weak was pass defense.....

Franklin had 3 tackles for loss last year and they were all shared qb sacks. Not one rb tackled behind the los. That isn’t acceptable from a lb! And they are bad at pass defense. I have been wanting him replaced for years.

Do you know this was supposed to be the season Richardson finally figured it out. He had a whole off-season to work on many things after his shoulder healed. If you go back to the draft last year, Richardson was there with the number for pick and there was no way that Ballard is going to pass on a quarterback so we took a chance. Everyone knew how young and raw he was. and in accurate, he was in college. But this team was desperate for a franchise quarterback so I couldn’t blame Ballard. I’m not saying Richardson will not turn out to be a great quarterback. He has all the natural ability size and that you simply cannot teach, but I think until he becomes a student of his own game, he’s not going to. Anytime a quarterback is having an accuracy problems. It’s all about film study film study film study. I’m not saying he doesn’t do this, but it might be time to reach out to Peyton Manning for a few tips. Today it wasn’t about One side of the ball the other because they both stink, especially in the first half for the defense . But when we had chances to go and score it was a bad play every time by Richardson. Interceptions throws throwing behind players. If he would have led Branson on that fourth quarter throw, he would’ve walked into the end. He threw it behind him. I don’t care how good you are. Those are very, very hard catches to make and at this level he should be throwing better . I know that we had some drops today and we had a couple players that were simply giving up on pros that were contested. That’s pathetic. I was just hoping for a better start to the season than we have right now. There are no quick fixes this team is in rebuilding mode. 

1 minute ago, husker61 said:

Franklin had 3 tackles for loss last year and they were all shared qb sacks. Not one rb tackled behind the los. That isn’t acceptable from a lb! And they are bad at pass defense. I have been wanting him replaced for years.

I also wanted an lb upgrade because hiw bad they were in  pass coverage. They didnt have many tfl but they didnt get gashed like we are seeing.,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoshinator said:

Oh don't kid yourself, you'll be looking for me.

Also, I didn't say I wouldn't post. I'm just not watching any more games until Gus is gone. There's a difference.

I haven't watched a game (colts or any other team) this season. I'm out of market but do tune in to Red Zone for colts in their time slot. 

Today I went surf fishing and tuned in to Red Zone for 2nd half.....only football I've watched. 

But I did make two bets and won them both: 

I took the packers +2.5 ...... and then a 2 team parlay Packers +2.5/ Jets ML

I just have little interest in football these days but still keep  up  a bit with colts. I have been here a lot less this year. Ballard has a way of doing that to colt fans, seems like significantly less people here the last few years.

I don't take it serious anymore, its only Entertainment like watching a movie or tv show. My advice to fans , try to enjoy and if it stops being enjoyable tune out or wait for your teams turn to win. Lol

On the bright side the colts usually start slow and then upset some team and then hover around .500 or a game or two below. Lose at Jacksonville and falter late and miss the playoffs..So a big win could.be coming around the corner to get the fans in hoping and believing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krunk said:

We got trouble if we don't learn to put drives together on O. I think mentally AR knows what's going on but I just haven't come to trust that arm yet other than the deep ball. The ball placement is just shaky.

I think he is processing at a 4 out of 10 level. 

Pittman isn't fooling anyone and his routes are rookieish, and Adoni looks lost. 

The way AR flips the ball out looks like a very quick release and that's great, but he doesn't have it refined, maybe if he took a little off the speed he would be better. This could take a few more years. lol

2 hours ago, krunk said:

There is something funky we are doing with our scheme on D that's causing this. We've never had bleeding like this before defending the run under this staff.

Partridge may have them reading different offensive formation keys that are keeping DL a step too slow. Either way, I agree something is off at the snap.

Uh, where are all of our fellow Colts fans that were predicting an 11, 12 or 13 win season and berating us fellow Colts fans that were saying, we aren't even a 9 or 10 win team, and were saying you aren't good fans if you don't believe in them? And yes they were saying that.

We need to face it, there are a lot of areas that need help, not just one or two. Malik Willis beating us should make this obvious. Yes, Malik Willis.

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

I said it before, Steichen is calling plays for AR like he’s a seasoned veteran. He has to simplify. Don’t put too much on his arm. 

100%. Go watch tape from last season and see what was successful. Maybe last week gave Steichen too much confidence. The entire Taylor thing was very puzzling 

36 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Darren Drozdov of the Broncos used to throw up on the ball often, when he retired he became a pro wrestler nicknamed Puke,,,l 

Yeah, that was tragic how he got paralyzed in the ring from the neck down. I didn't like him as a wrestler, but I wish that never happened to him. D-Lo Brown felt horrible about doing that to him.

• Like 1

Franklin: From the Athletic Article

Despite losing to a quarterback who before Sunday had attempted just six passes over the past two seasons, Franklin claimed the Colts “did some growing up” against the Packers.

It was hard to tell.

“We learned and understand what it means to win a game,” Franklin said. “Winning a game in the NFL ain’t always gonna be pretty. It ain’t always gonna be the best, ideally stat-wise. It’s about getting out of here with a win. I think Green Bay did a great job (Sunday). They didn’t care whether it was it was (only) 20 yards passing. They just wanted to get out of here with a win.”

6 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

They’re down Ebukam, Brents, Blackmon, and Buckner.  Whatever Gus and Partridge are doing up front isn’t working and without Buckner I don’t see the personnel to fix it. 

Five drops!

They took him out of his pear tree and he just hasn’t been the same… haha 

• Like 1

Franklin (besides the lucky fumble that the RB should've had two arms on) got WASHED all game.

That dude has SUCKED 2 games in row. 

You can't consistently have your safety being the leading tackler. Smh

Is Frank Reich secretly calling all these constant runs up the middle all the time? 

AR was pretty bad, but it's not all on him. I really don't have a clue what the game plan was....that was really embarrassing and pathetic to watch. 

I've said this 50x, but Granson shouldn't have a spot on this roster. 

How in the wide world of sports is the D-Line SO bad and we have ZERO contain? Every single announcer, and analyst were saying, "Colts got ran over last game, they are going against a backup QB, how do they not sell out against the run?"

Also Matt Gay.......ummmm, what are you doing dude?? You got PAID and you aren't doing your job. If you are still overcoming the injury/surgery, let someone else kick the dang ball!  

Ballard needs to do something about Gus, or Irsay needs to do something about Ballard. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The small sample size AR had last season there were easy roll outs and easy reads. We have seen non of it this year so far.

The reads have not been the problem.  The mistakes are purely the QB not being able to place the ball where he wants it to go.

8 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Watching the Bears defense versus the Texans I only have one thought.

Gus needs to get on the Bus.

Just asking, don't the Bears under Flus play basically the same defensive scheme as Gus, and the same scheme that was coached here for years?   What's the difference?

42 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Just asking, don't the Bears under Flus play basically the same defensive scheme as Gus, and the same scheme that was coached here for years?   What's the difference?

Flus had a low tolerance for loafing and not giving full effort, and it’s possible Bradley might not be as demanding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Flus had a low tolerance for loafing and not giving full effort, and it’s possible Bradley might not be as demanding.

I just found it ironic that having read thousand's of post's criticizing Flus' scheme over the years that I read praise for the Bears defense (where most probably agree with that post).