Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts OTAs Thread May 21st-23rd; May 29th-31st; Mandatory Mini Camp June 4th-6th **Updated Title

7 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Ahh…got it, and agree.

Pierce’s drop rate improved over his rookie year last year, and we really haven’t seen all that he can do with a QB that can throw it up there so that he can go and get it.

My thought is that they will give Pierce every opportunity to win that final WR slot but if he’s not producing after training camp and the first game or two then they will sideline him for Gould.  I think Gould wins the KR spot and that saves Pierce for a bit.

Doesn’t it seem a bit early to be talking about Pierce as a cut casualty by week 2?!?    The guy not only is a decent receiver with room to improve, but he plays special teams as well.   He's just going into his 3rd year.   What’s the rush?

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Doesn’t it seem a bit early to be talking about Pierce as a cut casualty by week 2?!?    The guy not only is a decent receiver with room to improve, but he plays special teams as well.   He's just going into his 3rd year.   What’s the rush?

The unofficial pirate code of the forum states that there must always be a scapegoat. A focal point if you will for posters to focus their attention and energy on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

The unofficial pirate code of the forum states that there must always be a scapegoat. A focal point if you will for posters to focus their attention and energy on.

I know….  I know.   It’s been that way since I joined here mid-May of 2012.   But it still drives me crazy….   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know….  I know.   It’s been that way since I joined here mid-May of 2012.   But it still drives me crazy….   

Castanzo, Leonard, Nelson, Pierce, Kelly… the list goes on…

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Flowers coming off that Achilles kind of automatically gives Jones a bit of an edge early on.

It likely has a factor for sure some thought since Flowers injury was early last season he would likely be running at 1 to start things.  Some think Jaylin Simpson wins the spot before opening day. Some still think a vet comes in which may be soon if so.

In 2023 Jones ranked 8th among all DB's in yards per coverage snap at 0.72 (right below Snead who posted a 0.71).

On 5/31/2024 at 5:12 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Forgot that Kevin Bowen mentioned Pierce was in on ST in the OTA session he saw. Just a wee bit interesting.

Dulin will be battling for a roster spot this year.  For some reason MAC is still around. They did carry 5 TE’s initially last year.  I prefer 6 WR’s over 5 TE’s. However, if Dulin is gone for some reason Pierce is more likely to be able to compete for that role than the other WR’s.  People need to stop trying to trade Pierce. He’s a tremendous asset to the Colts running game and if he does lose the #2 WR spot, he will absolutely thrive in an MVS role. He has way better hands than MVS.  Can’t have too many weapons. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nope.  It's pre-camp.  Nothing much to talk about so lets just speculate on how camp shakes out.  I mean it's not like anything we say will have ANY impact on who stays or leaves, it's just off-season talk.  Just let it happen.

Peace.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Mo gota go!! Lots of money would be saved and His blocking seems to have fallen off the past year or so.

imo he should be used more in the red zone for pass catching

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

AR is on the McAfee show. He just said he is 100% and has never felt better. Then he went on to say, opposing teams haven't seen nothing yet once JT and I lineup in the backfield!

I was at BDubs for lunch and they had it on there but no sound and no captions.  Hoping somebody will be able to find a clip of the segment a little later and be able to post it here so I can check it out.  Like to hear the confidence!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I was at BDubs for lunch and they had it on there but no sound and no captions.  Hoping somebody will be able to find a clip of the segment a little later and be able to post it here so I can check it out.  Like to hear the confidence!

In a nutshell, AR sounded upbeat about the season and is looking forward to he and Taylor playing together. Give it a few hours and there will be a link to it, I am sure. The McAfee show will also be on Youtube hours later, someone always posts it once the show is over. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The rivalry between Stroud and AR is going to be fun to watch.

Will definitely be interesting watching their careers unfold simultaneously.  AR had a disappointing rookie year due to injuries but has shown nothing but humility and desire to be better this year.  Stroud had a phenomenal rookie year and has spent the offseason on a media tour talking that talk.

• Like 1

I guess on the show AR said he weighs about 255 pounds now. I’m good with him being big to absorb hits, just don’t want him getting too big. I will say the Colts have some very large players for each position group (AR, MPJ, Pierce, Jelani, Juju, and Buck just to name a few).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

AR is on the McAfee show. He just said he is 100% and has never felt better. Then he went on to say, opposing teams haven't seen nothing yet once JT and I lineup in the backfield!

He said he wasnt 100% right now.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 9:53 PM, Hawkeyecolt said:

Dulin will be battling for a roster spot this year.  For some reason MAC is still around. They did carry 5 TE’s initially last year.  I prefer 6 WR’s over 5 TE’s. However, if Dulin is gone for some reason Pierce is more likely to be able to compete for that role than the other WR’s.  People need to stop trying to trade Pierce. He’s a tremendous asset to the Colts running game and if he does lose the #2 WR spot, he will absolutely thrive in an MVS role. He has way better hands than MVS.  Can’t have too many weapons. 

Dulin is a special teams demon and MAC is the only accomplished blocking tight end at this time.    I said it last year that the reason they never went double tight ends with the other guys absent MAC was because no one else could block and you were telegraphing to the defense what plays you were most likely calling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

• Thanks 2

Well, he can talk on the Colts all he wants, but where was he against the Ravens in the playoffs? 

Last I checked he scored 0 points and lost 34-10. 

Division champs but not Super Bowl contenders just yet. 

Yeah it’s more than we can say….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

His voice alone is intimidating.

He’s just talking like he’s so bad.

For a second, I thought the interview was dubbed by James Earl Jones.

Very deep voice, especially at 22 years old.

Didn't really seem like C.J said anything derogatory. I also don't think Indy hates him. It's all competition at the end of the day. What does bother me is he talks like he wasn't getting his butt kicked when AR and him first met. 

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Well, he can talk on the Colts all he wants, but where was he against the Ravens in the playoffs? 

Last I checked he scored 0 points and lost 34-10. 

Division champs but not Super Bowl contenders just yet. 

Yeah it’s more than we can say….

He didn't  have all his weapons  versus ravens. He has more than enough  weapons  now

• w87r changed the title to Colts OTAs Thread May 21st-23rd; May 29th-31st; Mandatory Mini Camp June 4th-6th **Updated Title
13 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

His voice alone is intimidating.

He’s just talking like he’s so bad.

For the record the first line is about Richardson.  The second line is about the fellow from Houston.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

What does bother me is he talks like he wasn't getting his butt kicked when AR and him first met. 

Yeah, he barely completed 50% of his passes and was down 21 points until we went into prevent D halfway into the 3rd Quarter.  Then he led a crippling seven and a half minute FG drive with us giving him everything short and in the middle of the field.  But he considers that “cooking” us, lol.

44 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yeah, he barely completed 50% of his passes and was down 21 points until we went into prevent D halfway into the 3rd Quarter.  Then he led a crippling seven and a half minute FG drive with us giving him everything short and in the middle of the field.  But he considers that “cooking” us, lol.

We are going to beat them on opening day and the NFL takes notice of us immediately.

No one is expecting us to be good this year and for some reason, most talking heads are expecting Houston to walk away with this division. Let's see what everyone is saying after opening day when we come out on top and disturb their view of the AFC South.

• Like 5

Just now, richard pallo said:

Adam Schefter reported today that the Colts reached out to the Vikings earlier in the year about trading for Justin Jefferson.  Went nowhere but interesting none the less.

When you have a need as big as the Colts did at WR and there is any chance a player like Jefferson might be available you at last call.  

• Like 1