Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

11 hours ago, Mike06181 said:

For the 2nd yr in a row i was the colts draft rep on a lions message board.

hope you guys like my picks. Feedback wanted

the colts haul was

1.15 dallas turner edge

2.46 tj tampa cb

3.82 cole bishop s

I don't  like it because  it fails to add a playmaker on offense. Need a wr in the first three rounds that can beat out or push pierce

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I don't  like it because  it fails to add a playmaker on offense. Need a wr in the first three rounds that can beat out or push pierce

In this offense the way i think it will play out.. pierce deep man spot is 4th or 5th in balls thrown to the position anyways. Plus its a deep draft. Can get a wr in rd 4 that can beat out pierce.

i expect the following attempts

pittman 125

downs 100

taylor 60

te 1 (granson) 60

te 2 (woods) 50

pierce or replacement 40

not worth a top pick

my target if there was a 4th rd would be luke mccaffery or cornelious johnson

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pelt said:

I guess the Colts had some folks at Malachi Corley's pro day yesterday - including Jim Bob.

I like Corley.  He’s a guy that could fall to the third.  He’d be a GREAT pick up in the 3rd round.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2024 at 12:55 AM, krunk said:

I can't lie. Rome Odunze is nice.

I like his competitive fire and his game is 

pretty polished. Love the size and his speed

is good. Very reliable and I don't have a hard time seeing Ballard pick him. Seems like he would go good with Pittman and Downs. It's not hard to be confident about him being a really good player in the NFL.

He won’t fall to 15 they would need to trade up to get him and that almost certainly would cost a lot of capital.

9 hours ago, smittywerb said:

I like Corley.  He’s a guy that could fall to the third.  He’d be a GREAT pick up in the 3rd round.

I think hes there in the 4th. This draft is extremely deep at wr. If pierce was in this draft hes a 6th rd pick

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

This is probably how Ballard's actual draft may look like... 

I don't see it. Ballard said in the end of season press conference the team needed more explosiveness on offense, and considering they never were going to add any explosive elements in FA, that will have to be in the draft.

If you take him at his word that they really do need to add those type of playmakers on offense, I don't think he can possibly sell anyone that it was adequately addressed using all day 3 picks. There will have to be a WR/Bowers added somewhere on Day 1 or 2.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, pkbrux said:

I don't see it. Ballard said in the end of season press conference the team needed more explosiveness on offense, and considering they never were going to add any explosive elements in FA, that will have to be in the draft.

If you take him at his word that they really do need to add those type of playmakers on offense, I don't think he can possibly sell anyone that it was adequately addressed using all day 3 picks. There will have to be a WR/Bowers added somewhere on Day 1 or 2.

The last thing you want to do in a deep class like this year’s is to miss out on talent because of a need. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The last thing you want to do in a deep class like this year’s is to miss out on talent because of a need. 

This is an extremely deep WR class. So need and talent overlap perfectly in this case. If they come into the season with the same WR core plus some day 3 picks, I think they are failing to give Richardson the best chance to succeed this year.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smittywerb said:

He would be a great get in the third. His YAC is ridiculous and he blocks. His toughness reminds me a little of Steve Smith.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Matt Miller, ESPN's mock from today:

43yais5ldwqc1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I would be just here watching the meltdown if this happened ... 

tenor.gif?itemid=3579864&q=0&b=1&p=0&a=0

This guy obviously doesn't pay attention to the Colts

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

All I got to say jets better not mess this up for the colts and take Bowers. He is ours!!

Bowers is being linked to several team before us.

Not sure we even have a choice.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Colts took this kid

Not my first choice, but Ballard may take a swing this year at an excellent DT

Anything can happen

18 hours ago, Mike06181 said:

In this offense the way i think it will play out.. pierce deep man spot is 4th or 5th in balls thrown to the position anyways. Plus its a deep draft. Can get a wr in rd 4 that can beat out pierce.

i expect the following attempts

pittman 125

downs 100

taylor 60

te 1 (granson) 60

te 2 (woods) 50

pierce or replacement 40

not worth a top pick

my target if there was a 4th rd would be luke mccaffery or cornelious johnson

I think anything can truly happen, but I think once you get past rounds 1 and 2, the "explosive" moniker

for a WR (or TE) is lost a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I've been saying this for a month. I didn't know whether we'd keep Stewart, but it doesn't really change the strength of the draft class. It's highly possible that Murphy (or Newton) is rated higher than any player at one of the positions everyone wants in the first round, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Colts drafted him.

Everyone is foaming at the mouth over corner right now, and I don't think the Colts value corner like that. Also, the corners at the top of the draft aren't great fits for the Colts preferred size profile. And I don't think the Colts value WR like that, plus it's the deepest position in this draft, IMO. You've pointed out a lot of this as well.

So yeah, get ready for the meltdown, 29 days and counting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I've been saying this for a month. I didn't know whether we'd keep Stewart, but it doesn't really change the strength of the draft class. It's highly possible that Murphy (or Newton) is rated higher than any player at one of the positions everyone wants in the first round, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Colts drafted him.

Everyone is foaming at the mouth over corner right now, and I don't think the Colts value corner like that. Also, the corners at the top of the draft aren't great fits for the Colts preferred size profile. And I don't think the Colts value WR like that, plus it's the deepest position in this draft, IMO. You've pointed out a lot of this as well.

If he's far better at his position than the others are at their respective positions, then I don't see how this is a bad thing.

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

Murphy is intriguing.... although... he's another one that doesn't quite hit what Ballard prefers 100% - his length is not great. Look at our DTs on the roster:

- Buckner - 34 3/8"

- Stewart - 33 1/4"

- Raekwon Davis 33 7/8"

- Eric Johnson 34 1/4"

- Taven Bryan 32 3/4" 

Murphy in general is very squaty and not long at all - 6' 0 1/2" with 32 3/8" arms. He would be the shortest DT on the roster and I just don't think Ballard would spend this high of a pick on someone who's that much of an outlier to what he usually likes. Newton has similar measurables so... again... not perfect fits. I don't think we go DT, but again, not because of needs or anything of the sort, but rather because I am not sure they fit what Ballard wants from the position. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stitches said:

Murphy is intriguing.... although... he's another one that doesn't quite hit what Ballard prefers 100% - his length is not great. Look at our DTs on the roster:

- Buckner - 34 3/8"

- Stewart - 33 1/4"

- Raekwon Davis 33 7/8"

- Eric Johnson 34 1/4"

- Taven Bryan 32 3/4" 

Murphy in general is very squaty and not long at all - 6' 0 1/2" with 32 3/8" arms. He would be the shortest DT on the roster and I just don't think Ballard would spend this high of a pick on someone who's that much of an outlier to what he usually likes. Newton has similar measurables so... again... not perfect fits. I don't think we go DT, but again, not because of needs or anything of the sort, but rather because I am not sure they fit what Ballard wants from the position. 

This is fair. It's one thing to say that he might not fit the Colts profile, it's another thing to freak out because he's not a corner.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

It's like no one wants to come out and say it, but it's not a radical proposition to think that Nabers is better than MHJ.

I still like MHJ better but I don't think it's radical to think Nabers is better. I think they are close... and Nabers is more fun player to watch... 

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

I still like MHJ better but I don't think it's radical to think Nabers is better. I think they are close... and Nabers is more fun of a player to watch... 

I am certain that MHJ would rather play with Herbert versus Murray or anyone that the Patriots trot out, and would be very happy if the Cardinals and Patriots passed on him. 

20 hours ago, Stephen said:

Completely agree.

The rest of the AFC South will be adding WRs.

Colts need to keep up with arms race.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am certain that MHJ would rather play with Herbert versus Murray or anyone that the Patriots trot out, and would be very happy if the Cardinals and Patriots passed on him. 

IMO MHJ would love to play with AR the most! :P 

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Honestly, any of DT, DE and WR at 15 would make me happy.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

Is it possible the Chargers go for an OT at 5? Or even better - is it possible they are willing to move back? Interesting... 

Definitely possible, they've been rumored to be a trade up possibility.

Seems hard to pass on 1 of those WRs after letting Allen and Williams go this off-season.

Side Bar:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Honestly, any of DT, DE and WR at 15 would make me happy.

With Buckner, Stewart, Davis and all the other DE’s that can kick inside when needed, why would you want the Colts to draft a player who is likely NOT to play much his rookie year?   I don’t see where the playing time for Murphy comes from?  

Im not saying he isn’t a good player.  But when does he play?  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Definitely possible, they've been rumored to be a trade up possibility.

Seems hard to pass on 1 of those WRs after letting Allen and Williams go this off-season.

Side Bar:

That's interesting, but the Colts have been drafting a lot of high level athletes in general. I wonder if the results wouldn't be similar with different test. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

That's interesting, but the Colts have been drafting a lot of high level athletes in general. I wonder if the results wouldn't be similar with different test. 

Yeah, most guys have good results mostly across the board in different categories on the guys we've been drafting

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

Is it possible the Chargers go for an OT at 5? Or even better - is it possible they are willing to move back? Interesting... 

Luckily, for Jim and The Chargers, the 2 positions this draft is deep in, is at WR and OT, hands down. Drafting at the Top of Round 2, they can still come away with a top notch OT.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

With Buckner, Stewart, Davis and all the other DE’s that can kick inside when needed, why would you want the Colts to draft a player who is likely NOT to play much his rookie year?   I don’t see where the playing time for Murphy comes from?  

When we trade Buckner? 

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because the guys who can kick inside always seem to be less good than the players who start on the inside. 

Also, both Buckner and Stewart are 30+. At 15 we could find an heir to Buckner or a guy who could seriously up our pass rush over Stewart. 

Pass rush is the 2nd best way to win in this league (behind QB) in my opinion and pressure up the middle is something all QBs hate. 

Dlinemen usually all need a year or two to get going. A year in a NFL level S&C program and being a part of the Dline rotation will help any young player. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Nabers ran at LSU's pro day - 4.35... 

Malik Nabers

6'0/199 lbs

4.35 40 yard dash

42" vertical

10'9" broad

Another one I like. Reminds me of a faster version of Reggie Wayne. He is the whole package. I'm almost certain Wayne likes him too. Great hands and routes! Wish he was a little taller but not bad.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, smittywerb said:

I love Corley. YAC monster. The guy is tough and doesn't give up on plays.

• Like 1