Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

33 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Fields is the biggest bust since Ryan leaf. 

And just the Davis guy as an addition so far right?

Fields is one of the biggest busts of all time?     Seriously?   Doubt he’d make the top 10.   Maybe more.   That’s a strange thing to say.   

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Fields is one of the biggest busts of all time?     Seriously?   Doubt he’d make the top 10.   Maybe more.   That’s a strange thing to say.   

Notice I said since… not of all time

Just now, colts89 said:

Snead would make getting a receiving threat the primary need for the Colts in the draft. I really don't want to add another young CB from a high draft pick to an already incredibly young DB room. Especially considering the consensus that there are plenty of good, but no top tier CB talents.

If we don't get Snead, or another CB of that caliber, I'm fully expecting Ballard to trade down into the early 20s and getting a DB there...

Available CBs + FA CBs signed:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/cornerback/all/

Snead(tag)

X Howard

JC Jackson

Adoree Jackson

Gilmore

Maddox

CJ Henderson 

29 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I will throw up if DeJean is our 1st or 2nd round pick. Safeties don’t impact the game enough unless you’re a Sean Taylor or Troy Polomalu type player. 

Except he's a corner.  

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Available CBs + FA CBs signed:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/cornerback/all/

Snead(tag)

X Howard

JC Jackson

Adoree Jackson

Gilmore

Maddox

CJ Henderson 

Don't forget Steven Nelson, who is one of my favorites, as a journeyman starting CB has really played above his contract on every deal he signed (and if you care about pff scores, actually had a better season score than Sneed and would cost less than 10 mil a year).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Notice I said since… not of all time

Fair enough.   Except even with that caveat, Fields isn’t the biggest bust of his own draft class.   

Zack Wilson (2nd) Trey Lance (3rd) and Mac Jones (11th) all send their regards.  All worse than Justin Fields.  

• Like 2

Fair enough.   Except even with that caveat, Fields isn’t the biggest bust of his own draft class.   

Zack Wilson (2nd) Trey Lance (3rd) and Mac Jones (11th) all send their regards.  All worse than Justin Fields.  

Mac Jones is 15th. Fields was 11th.

I agree. I would not mind getting Fields.

Just now, Yoshinator said:

Mac Jones is 15th. Fields was 11th.

Who will be the Broncos QB?

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

I don’t understand Destin’s comment.  Cross is the starter right now.  Blackmon is no longer on the team.

I think he is saying, out of the remaining safeties, the Colts would be best served with Blackmon 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Don't forget Steven Nelson, who is one of my favorites, as a journeyman starting CB has really played above his contract on every deal he signed (and if you care about pff scores, actually had a better season score than Sneed and would cost less than 10 mil a year).

I was just listening a few from the list ,but good call.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I agree. I would not mind getting Fields.

Who will be the Broncos QB?

I'm thinking the top 4 QBs will go before the Broncos. I think we'll get Bo Nix tbh. That's who they have a  lot of interest in at this point, and it would make sense that he'd fall to 12.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colt Overseas said:

I love how the whole of Colts Twitter have convinced themselves we’re signing Sneed because some fella called “Captain Colt” told them so. 🤣

Luke from Stampede Blue and Stephen Holder from ESPN also have reported the same thing - trade agreed to in principle but the holdup being the long term contract discussions with Sneed.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. If it comes to fruition then great, if not, you can’t miss what you never had!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Off memory, Steve Nelson is both short and has VERY short arms.  I think he’d be a non-starter for Ballard. 

5 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Had to add my Oregon State Alum lol

I've always liked Nelson as well.

Side bar, I think the Colts and Justin Simmons are just waiting for the Sneed deal to go through to announce he will be joining as well.

Also got to make sure you get the cap numbers squared away with each other and remaining cap space.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Had to add my Oregon State Alum lol

Who is that? There is a guy on the Vikings site who wants us to draft a guard from Oregon St. He likes him a lot.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Off memory, Steve Nelson is both short and has VERY short arms.  I think he’d be a non-starter for Ballard. 

less than an 1 inch difference between Nelson and Sneed when it comes to Arms, Nelson listed at 5' 11" and 194lbs, but I think the difference is that he's not an draft prospect. He's a veteran FA that has had success as a starting CB in the league, with some outlets consider him playing better than Sneed (4 int vs 2 int).

I don't expect us to sign him but a guy can hope, mostly I think he is a great example of a player that would be less than half the price of Sneed and arguably a better player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Who is that? There is a guy on the Vikings site who wants us to draft a guard from Oregon St. He likes him a lot.

I was talking about Steven Nelson, he's a FA CB

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Luke from Stampede Blue and Stephen Holder from ESPN also have reported the same thing - trade agreed to in principle but the holdup being the long term contract discussions with Sneed.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. If it comes to fruition then great, if not, you can’t miss what you never had!

Understood, but I just don’t get the sense that these reporters truely have good sources, or sources at all. If they did have contact with people in the building, I think we would have heard about Flacco or Davis beforehand. With that being said, I would be surprised if Ballard didn’t discuss a possible trade.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

I would think since the Jaylon Johnson signing they would have a template to go from to wrap up the contract.  Hard to imagine it going much longer.  

12 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Understood, but I just don’t get the sense that these reporters truely have good sources, or sources at all. If they did have contact with people in the building, I think we would have heard about Flacco or Davis beforehand. With that being said, I would be surprised if Ballard didn’t discuss a possible trade.

They aren't getting info from inside the Colts front office.   They are getting it from agents.    Flacco and Davis were probably easy negotiations 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

In only the past 5 years alone Sam Darnold, Picket, Riddler, Willis, Wilson, Eason, Mac Jones, Easton Stick, Davis Mills, Mason Rudolph, Ehlinger  Drew Lock, Trey Lance missing plenty of more.

31 minutes ago, w87r said:

I've always liked Nelson as well.

Side bar, I think the Colts and Justin Simmons are just waiting for the Sneed deal to go through to announce he will be joining as well.

Also got to make sure you get the cap numbers squared away with each other and remaining cap space.

Fwiw I just listened to a podcast, Sports talk Indy, which came out an hour ago and the guy is saying Diggs is the guy waiting on Snead.  He thinks guaranteed money is the main stumbling block but the trade compensation is agreed to.  Either guy works for me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Fwiw I just listened to a podcast, Sports talk Indy, which came out an hour ago and the guy is saying Diggs is the guy waiting on Snead.  He thinks guaranteed money is the main stumbling block but the trade compensation is agreed to.  Either guy works for me.

Me as well.

Just thinking it's pretty quiet on the Simmons talk.

I believe Chloe said she was listening to something that said something about a 2yr $12m guaranteed? Think I read that somewhere and it was referring to a safety?

Anyway Simmons is the only one that makes sense to get that kind of guarantee I think.

Would like either though as well.

Plenty of other options too 

• Like 2