Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

2 minutes ago, legend300 said:

@w87r if that’s the case and you think Simmons as well.  They have some work to do with cap space we have left.  

Easy, pain free work 

Usually when teams need to do this, it works out bad down the road, but the Colts are setup to where it shouldn't be too bad in a year or 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Don't forget Steven Nelson, who is one of my favorites, as a journeyman starting CB has really played above his contract on every deal he signed (and if you care about pff scores, actually had a better season score than Sneed and would cost less than 10 mil a year).

He'd be a great addition.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is from a chiefs person with 109k folllwers. Bur I think we have know this.

Thought you had the trade when I saw you typing Chloe.  😂😂😝

• Like 1

Just now, legend300 said:

Thought you had the trade when I saw you typing Chloe.  😂😂😝

Welcome to my world right now.

Chloe's typing, she post. Stop what I'm doing and check. Get sad then wait again .

Emmy Awards Thank You GIF by Emmys

2 minutes ago, Crunked said:

I have lived too long....when the credibles sources name is "Nicken Chugget" ...I have lived too long LOL 

Tell me again with them chicken nuggies.

5 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

22m I don't like that number

Not in love with it, but at this point I just want to get it over, so not going to concern myself about $2-3m AAV right now. However far they are apart.

If that's who you want, go get him.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That wasn’t the source. It was the photo he posted from a KC source

Was about to post that as well.

• Like 1

Colts forum.... Ballard do something cheapo, never tries to get anyone good.

Ballard gets biggest name ..... Totally ripped off I would've passed, dumb move.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That wasn’t the source. It was the photo he posted from a KC source

I just cracked up at Nicken Chugget ...and the word " credible" in geographic  proximity to each other........struck me as funny sorry.....

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

Not in love with it, but at this point I just want to get it over, so not going to concern myself about $2-3m AAV right now. However far they are apart.

if it’s as in depth as being reported, then it’s just a matter of time and working on details. The number might not even matter as the guaranteed amount and length / other stipulations. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Colts forum.... Ballard do something cheapo, never tries to get anyone good.

Ballard gets biggest name ..... Totally ripped off I would've passed, dumb move.

It's a lot, but I'm not too concerned about the $22 million a year. I would want to know the compensation if/when the trade happens.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just saw 22 mil a year. I kind of doubt that

Who the heck knows and really what's the difference ? 

Just now, w87r said:

I was posting about the same to Restinpeace. It's free agency and all the premier players get crazy money. Two years from now the "extra money " we burnt in this deal won't mean dog poop. Next year the cap will probably go up a bit and a case can be made that we'll pick up an "extra " 8 mill.  Don't forget we are paying off for cutting Leonard . We should have hardly any dead money next year. We can also save 6 mill on MAC which has been mentioned 79 times in this thread. I think this is a done deal as all these reports can't be erroneous ...can they ?  Hopefully this is either a 3rd this year or better yet something like a 2024 and 2025 4ths. Im guessing this years 3rd and next years 4th and we get their 4th this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, dw49 said:

Not something to count on but we do have this guy coming back this year.....

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/lists/indianapolis-colts-daniel-scott-nfl-draft-things-to-know/?itm_source=parsely-api

I think they are high on him, but not going to bank on him coming off injury and raw. They need a vet there to assist his development imo… 

6 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I hope we cut him soon just so we can be done discussing it… 

What’s worse?

the wait to find out IF a trade for Snead is happening 

or

the wait to see IF/When we cut Mo Allie Cox?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

What’s worse?

or

Knowing someone will be mad at one of the results either way 

Definitely Sneed though.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

What’s worse?

or

I think the first mentioned but the MAC saga has me on the edge of my seat . 

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think they are high on him, but not going to bank on him coming off injury and raw. They need a vet there to assist his development imo… 

Yes we need to sign Blackmon or Diggs but maybe Scott saves us from using a draft pick for some young depth at safety ?

• Like 1

Just now, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

How good is sneed? 

He’s a top 3 zone CB in the league. That’s gotten better each year. He just wants PAID and rightfully so. He had just one TD allowed all year, the one in the superbowl . His pass defensed rate is best amongst Zone CBs. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

How good is sneed? 

I think he is one of the better CBs in football, I like PFF, they have him rated decent, but grade is down because he gets some penalties with his aggressiveness.

Big part of those back to back titles.

I've seen some stats about what he's done the last couple years but can't remember where and when?

Probably in here somewhere, maybe @New Zealands #1 Colts Fanhas that answer. He has read the whole thing today. :)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Knowing someone will be mad at one of the results either way 

Definitely Sneed though.

It's going to happen. Only way it doesn't is KC reneging . JMO

5 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

How good is sneed? 

He faced the gambit in the playoffs on route to another Super Bowl win, and dominated all of the receivers he faced. And he faced basically all of the top receivers in the league and bested them each time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He’s a top 3 zone CB in the league. That’s gotten better each year. He just wants PAID and rightfully so. He had just one TD allowed all year, the one in the superbowl . His pass defensed rate is best amongst Zone CBs. 

4 minutes ago, dw49 said:

He's probably as good a zone CB as there is in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think he is one of the better CBs in football, I like PFF, they have him rated decent, but grade is down because he gets some penalties with his aggressiveness.

Big part of those back to back titles.

I've seen some stats about what he's done the last couple years but can't remember where and when?

Probably in here somewhere, maybe @New Zealands #1 Colts Fanhas that answer. He has read the whole thing today. :)

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

He faced the gambit in the playoffs on route to another Super Bowl win, and dominated all of the receivers he faced. And he faced basically all of the top receivers in the league and bested them each time. 

pay the man. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nothing about this room:

S:(7) Rodney Thomas, Nick Cross, Daniel Scott, Trevor Denbow, Marcel Dabo, Kendell Brooks, Michael Tutsie

Says we need to add another young guy to it.

Need (2) vets, not even just 1.

• Like 5