Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Titans post game reaction

GoColts8818

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am ok, I just don't get the jab because Hopkins is a great player and will be a Hall of Famer. No big deal though.

Who/whatever he is - Levis is the QB and is supposed to be fired up when things go wrong.  It was just in the heat of battle.  I'm sure Hopkins was very calm and respectful with his rookie QB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Positives:
Pittman and Pierce:  Both had HUGE games today

Colts pass rush:  Not a lot of sacks but put pressure on Levis at key moments

Colts discipline:  this is why not committing penalties is so important 

Special teams:  two blocks (okay one called a fumble but it was a block), Rigo did a good job punting, and Matt Gay was perfect.  Only bad play was the run back but that was more on the offense.

Shane and taking the points:  just stayed with it all day and didn’t panic when they were down 10 and just took what was there rather than trying to force TDs.

Buckner:  no one will be more happy to see Grover back than him but man did he come to play.

Secondary:  maybe Jones worst day but the rest of the secondary was good, including Baker.  Kenny Moore continues to be great.

Down the field offense:  Gardner can do it so let’s see it more!

Bad:

Colts run defense.  They were decent on the inside game but man they never figured out or adjusted to the outside run defense.  Grover back next week should help but he won’t help outside.

Moss:  infective today.   Not all on him.  Run blocking was not good and Shane’s play calling with Moss wasn’t great.

Gardner’s second half:  just ugly until overtime after that 10 minute drive to open the second half.  
Shane play calling in the second half:  I wasn’t impressed.  He seemed determined to run the ball up the middle no matter how infective it was.  With that said he did uncork that call in OT and I thought he did a good job in the first half.  
Tackling:  I know I am a broken record on this but it continues to be a problem.  

I like it all. 
but.. we did have 6 sacks today. All we’re huge to the victory 

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t know much about bengals defense but Pittman only needs 111 yards for 1k.

Moss will be the bell cow against the Bengals. They will force Colts to use TEs and Josh Downs more. Titans crowd the LOS and rank tops in run D at the cost of pass defense. Bengals are built to beat passing teams better on D and running is the way to beat them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, husker61 said:

Nobody here knows what was said and why do colts fans make a big deal about it? Just want to make Levis look bad. 😆 

Maybe the fear Levis will turn out pretty good or better than Richardson? I hope not, but Levis isn't playing to bad for only his 6 career game. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Are you kidding? That was two guys who had respect for each other not a rookie QB yelling at a top tier WR. Not a close comparison at all. 

And they were arguing over the playcalling. Manning wasn’t yelling at him because Saturday couldn’t do something entirely physically impossible like block 4 down linemen at once. 

It was a straw man comparison right out of the gate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

Peyton never came to the sideline and berated a WR over a ball he threw too far out of bounds to be even remotely catchable but ok. 

Ummm not entirely true. As someone who worked security at the home games during the peak of the Manning era, he most assuredly did.

I remember him and Marvin getting into it on one occasion 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Ummm not entirely true. As someone who worked security at the home games during the peak of the Manning era, he most assuredly did.

I remember him and Marvin getting into it on one occasion 

Over a pass that ended up so far out of bounds it could not actually be physically caught inbounds for a completed pass?

Because I have to call nonsense on that.

Did he throw Collie out of a game for trying to make a catch with only one hand?

Yes. 

Did he get in the intense argument with Saturday over the playcalling?

Yes. 

Did he call Donald Brown out for blowing a block in real-time during a playoff game?

Yes. 

Did he go yell at guys for balls he threw where they couldn’t be caught?

share discover GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

You know, even if Richardson never gets healthy again and never even touches a football again I’m glad we didn’t end up with this *. Hopkins should have popped his dumb * in the mouth over this one, right there on the spot. He’s chirping at a Hall of Fame WR because he didn’t catch a pass that was so far out of bounds Hopkins would have needed arms 7 feet long to haul it in. 

And this wasn’t the start of the discourse, he was talking % before the commercial that preceded this moment. 

Get over yourself. You’re not that good, and the throw absolutely sucked. Shut up, and sit down. 

Yeah you can tell Hopkins is just ignoring him, not a good look for Levis and not a smart move also. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think this is anything bad. Seems some here forget the squabbles manning had.

It’s bad because it’s a rookie yelling at a hall of famer WR, even if that rookie is the QB. Levis has to know as a rookie yelling at someone who is borderline hall of fame and is a veteran in his 30s isn’t a smart move and not the right way of going about things. Manning and Brady yelled but they already had accomplishments. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Over a pass that ended up so far out of bounds it could not actually be physically caught inbounds for a completed pass?

Because I have to call nonsense on that.

Did he throw Collie out of a game for trying to make a catch with only one hand?

Yes. 

Did he get in the intense argument with Saturday over the playcalling?

Yes. 

Did he call Donald Brown out for blowing a block in real-time during a playoff game?

Yes. 

Did he go yell at guys for balls he threw where they couldn’t be caught?

share discover GIF

I don’t remember what it was for. My point is that it’s a non factor at this stage for me. Now if he takes it to the media or outside of the locker room, then I’ll have issues with it

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Well hopefully Levis doesn’t stand by yelling at WRs every time he throws an uncatchable ball to the bench. That’s not gonna play long-term. 

Glad the Colts didn’t draft him, really don’t care for his demeanor!

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Well hopefully Levis doesn’t stand by yelling at WRs every time he throws an uncatchable ball to the bench. That’s not gonna play long-term. 

No biggie for me.  I don’t care who the receiver is.  If he made a blunder he deserves to be called out.  Hopkins didn’t disagree with him.  Just walked away.  It’s Levis’s team now.  He’s still growing as a quarterback for sure but he’s showing he expects players to perform especially if you’re an experienced veteran.  I like his battling demeanor.  A natural leader.  He’s going to be a handful down the road.  The AFC South is for that matter.  We are going to need a very strong defense to compete in our division.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

It’s bad because it’s a rookie yelling at a hall of famer WR, even if that rookie is the QB. Levis has to know as a rookie yelling at someone who is borderline hall of fame and is a veteran in his 30s isn’t a smart move and not the right way of going about things. Manning and Brady yelled but they already had accomplishments. 

Exactly. Levis has not even played half a season and he is yelling at another player, not to mention a possible future Hall of Famer. During the pre-draft process, Levis seemed conceited, as if he believes he is better than others. I thought that would not continue once he was in the league. I was wrong.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I don’t remember what it was for. My point is that it’s a non factor at this stage for me. Now if he takes it to the media or outside of the locker room, then I’ll have issues with it

My point isn’t even necessarily that he yelled at him, it’s the play he’s yelling at him over. Whatever Hopkins did, if anything at all, Levis’ throw was worse. Way worse.

I’m sure Peyton did chide guys if they ran the wrong route or stretch out trying to make too much happen and put the ball on the floor, or some kind of mistake. 

But getting hot over not catching a bad throw? 

I can’t recall seeing any QB go after a WR over an uncatchable ball on a bad throw. 

Hopkins was in position to make a catch. He was there on the sidelines, he did his part to keep his feet inbounds, he even had position on the defender. 

And then the ball fell harmlessly to the ground a Yao Ming away from him. That’s on Levis. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

No biggie for me.  I don’t care who the receiver is.  If he made a blunder he deserves to be called out.  Hopkins didn’t disagree with him.  Just walked away.  It’s Levis’s team now.  He’s still growing as a quarterback for sure but he’s showing he expects players to perform especially if you’re an experienced veteran.  I like his battling demeanor.  A natural leader.  He’s going to be a handful down the road.  The AFC South is for that matter.  We are going to need a very strong defense to compete in our division.

Yeah I walk away too when someone is acting like a *.

What did Levis expect? Hopkins to catch the ball almost 10 feet out of bonds for an incomplete pass?

Maybe Levis should try throwing the ball in the actual field of play instead.  

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just a thought but maybe he ran the wrong route and he had to throw it out of bounds.

Could be.

His reaction just came off bad. Just the visual part but he absolutely couldn't been correct in his argument.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just a thought but maybe he ran the wrong route and he had to throw it out of bounds.

Again, if he ran the wrong route then Levis has even less room to talk because the throw was terrible. Hopkins was still in position to make a catch and convert for the first down.

And then Levis missed him.

Badly. 

Good:

-This was the best game Minshew played as the full time starter this season

-Pittman and Pierce showed up

-Hopkins held to 75 yards and 1 TD

-Every time Nick Cross gets a real chance to shine, he does

-Tony Brown revenge game

Bad:

-This was arguably the worst game from Bradley this season. Just awful. Did nothing to address the runs to the perimeter which is something the Titans do every time they play us. Kept playing that stupid soft zone coverage even though they have no talent at receiver other than Hopkins, and it almost got us beat

-Tackling…AGAIN!!! No one can move laterally apparently. Blackmon is kind of one dimensional, which is why I want to see more of Cross. He’s great in coverage but can not break down and make tackles in the open field.

-Two 100 yard receivers is great, but it says a lot that it was against arguably the worst secondary in the NFL. 
-Need another RB with “juice” for when Taylor is out. Wasn’t all on Moss for the lack of running game, but he need another threat. 
-Need to draft another Stewart like NT for depth. It’s crazy to think how much worse the run D is without him. He’s low key the glue of this defense

Takeaways: This team will need to figure out how to play consistent football going forward. This one was too close for comfort against a horrible team. Gotta learn to put bad teams away early. Best game from Gardner and the receivers, and we finally saw the downfield passing attack materialize. I think that’s still an area for concern. 7 wins with a legitimate shot at the playoffs is a good spot to be though. Overall I think this game showed both who the Colts can be, but also who they are in terms of weaknesses. When the season ends, and Ballard looks at what changes the team needs, I hope he looks at this game.

• Like 2