Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Titans post game reaction

GoColts8818

Nice! Well done! I love what Steichen has brought to this team. This team has moxie and spirit! Our talent is nowhere near enough for us to be scoring this many points and winning this many games. But somehow... they just get in position to win them even through offensive mistakes and questionable defensive possessions... 

• Like 7

That was a game....

We got bailed out by the extra point miss and ended up winning in OT, but it was a lot of fun.

Defense did well against Levis, but we have to learn to defend the run. Overall, we got lucky, but took advantage of it. Law of averages and all that. Very Happy!

• Like 2

Positives:
Pittman and Pierce:  Both had HUGE games today

Colts pass rush:  Not a lot of sacks but put pressure on Levis at key moments

Colts discipline:  this is why not committing penalties is so important 

Special teams:  two blocks (okay one called a fumble but it was a block), Rigo did a good job punting, and Matt Gay was perfect.  Only bad play was the run back but that was more on the offense.

Shane and taking the points:  just stayed with it all day and didn’t panic when they were down 10 and just took what was there rather than trying to force TDs.

Buckner:  no one will be more happy to see Grover back than him but man did he come to play.

Secondary:  maybe Jones worst day but the rest of the secondary was good, including Baker.  Kenny Moore continues to be great.

Down the field offense:  Gardner can do it so let’s see it more!

Bad:

Colts run defense.  They were decent on the inside game but man they never figured out or adjusted to the outside run defense.  Grover back next week should help but he won’t help outside.

Moss:  infective today.   Not all on him.  Run blocking was not good and Shane’s play calling with Moss wasn’t great.

Gardner’s second half:  just ugly until overtime after that 10 minute drive to open the second half.  
Shane play calling in the second half:  I wasn’t impressed.  He seemed determined to run the ball up the middle no matter how infective it was.  With that said he did uncork that call in OT and I thought he did a good job in the first half.  
Tackling:  I know I am a broken record on this but it continues to be a problem.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Positives:
Pittman and Pierce:  Both had HUGE games today

Colts pass rush:  Not a lot of sacks but put pressure on Levis at key moments

Colts discipline:  this is why not committing penalties is so important 

Special teams:  two blocks (okay one called a fumble but it was a block), Rigo did a good job punting, and Matt Gay was perfect.  Only bad play was the run back but that was more on the offense.

Shane and taking the points:  just stayed with it all day and didn’t panic when they were down 10 and just took what was there rather than trying to force TDs.

Buckner:  no one will be more happy to see Grover back than him but man did he come to play.

Secondary:  maybe Jones worst day but the rest of the secondary was good, including Baker.  Kenny Moore continues to be great.

Down the field offense:  Gardner can do it so let’s see it more!

Bad:

Colts run defense.  They were decent on the inside game but man they never figured out or adjusted to the outside run defense.  Grover back next week should help but he won’t help outside.

Moss:  infective today.   Not all on him.  Run blocking was not good and Shane’s play calling with Moss wasn’t great.

Gardner’s second half:  just ugly until overtime after that 10 minute drive to open the second half.  
Shane play calling in the second half:  I wasn’t impressed.  He seemed determined to run the ball up the middle no matter how infective it was.  With that said he did uncork that call in OT and I thought he did a good job in the first half.  
Tackling:  I know I am a broken record on this but it continues to be a problem.  

The good news about the run defense, Big Grove comes back this week

14 minutes ago, cjwhiskers said:

So very sloppy and shouldn't have been close but absolute clutch plays when we needed them. Thankfully we get Grove back next week. Our D will look a bit better. 

Offense needs to finish in the redzone. No excuse to go 1/5. 

Aside from the obvious win being # 1, my biggest take away is how much better they will be in the RZ with Richardson. 

• Like 6