Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh McDaniels Fired

Zoltan

McDaniels out as Raiders head coach  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Does Josh McDaniels get another head coaching job in the next 6 years?

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. I wonder if you do not have access to the polls. I put up a multiple choice poll up top. @csmoparonce told me that he had never seen a poll. I wonder if it is something with the settings. I think he was able to fix the problem..

It’s not a setting, it’s a glitch in the cached files. I ended up signing out completely from all browsers, then clearing the cache on each and then logged back in, that fixed the issue.

interestingly enough, I have to do the same thing now with NFL+ and NFL dot com. About every other week, I suddenly can’t see the home pages on either of those and it’ll only load the standings pages. Same process seems to fix that .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It’s not a setting, it’s a glitch in the cached files. I ended up signing out completely from all browsers, then clearing the cache on each and then logged back in, that fixed the issue.

interestingly enough, I have to do the same thing now with NFL+ and NFL dot com. About every other week, I suddenly can’t see the home pages on either of those and it’ll only load the standings pages. Same process seems to fix that .

Okay. I have had to do that with other sites. Thank you.

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes, I think that’s possible, but Kraft might be pretty cautious to hire JM as the next HC.    It’s one think to hire JM as an OC, but HC?    So soon?    I think Kraft would be extra extra careful about that.   

I think other people who could be candidates would be Bill O’Brien,  Denico Ryan in Houston, and maybe even Mike Vrabel.    Just thinking out loud.  

I think Kraft would take a stab at Nick Saban before he goes down the path of hiring McDaniels, IMO. It’s also very likely they consider to promote Jerod Mayo from DC to HC.

Josh McDaniels, I doubt he is HC again.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I think Kraft would take a stab at Nick Saban before he goes down the path of hiring McDaniels, IMO. It’s also very likely they consider to promote Jerod Mayo from DC to HC.

Josh McDaniels, I doubt he is HC again.

Mayo!   Thanks, I knew there was another name I was forgetting.    I doubt Saban wants back in the NFL,  especially at his age,  and especially following one of his closest friends, Belichick.    But Mayo is a great call by you!    Appreciate it!    :thmup:

• Like 2

McDaniels is done as a HC in the NFL. The only time you see a guy get three shots is if he had some kind of success. McDaniels flamed out in less than two seasons both times he ran the show. And along the way, he apparently turned the locker room against him. He did the Colts a huge favor. 

By the way, his reneging reflects poorly on him alone. Before the Colts considered him, he had been on the interview circuit for at least a couple seasons. There was a redemption campaign, featuring reputable people around the league, all vouching for McDaniels. He had grown, learned from his mistakes, he was more mature and didn't feel the need to prove himself to the players, he knew he didn't have to try to be Belichick or try to build Patriots West, etc. This went on for more than two years before he interviewed with the Colts. And while back with the Patriots, he had overseen a dramatic evolution of their offense, actually multiple times. He was seen as probably the prime HC candidate around the league by 2018. Maybe Kyle Shanahan was ahead of him. 

When he did what he did to the Colts, he proved that he was unreliable and untrustworthy, and many of the people that he had fooled along the way cut ties with him. Dungy recanted his endorsement. Even his agent dumped him.

Long story short, he tricked a bunch of people into believing that he was suitable HC material, and then he took the mask off. That's not on Ballard or the Colts. 

The Raiders are a different story. They should have known better. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

McDaniels is done as a HC in the NFL. The only time you see a guy get three shots is if he had some kind of success. McDaniels flamed out in less than two seasons both times he ran the show. And along the way, he apparently turned the locker room against him. He did the Colts a huge favor. 

By the way, his reneging reflects poorly on him alone. Before the Colts considered him, he had been on the interview circuit for at least a couple seasons. There was a redemption campaign, featuring reputable people around the league, all vouching for McDaniels. He had grown, learned from his mistakes, he was more mature and didn't feel the need to prove himself to the players, he knew he didn't have to try to be Belichick or try to build Patriots West, etc. This went on for more than two years before he interviewed with the Colts. And while back with the Patriots, he had overseen a dramatic evolution of their offense, actually multiple times. He was seen as probably the prime HC candidate around the league by 2018. Maybe Kyle Shanahan was ahead of him. 

When he did what he did to the Colts, he proved that he was unreliable and untrustworthy, and many of the people that he had fooled along the way cut ties with him. Dungy recanted his endorsement. Even his agent dumped him.

Long story short, he tricked a bunch of people into believing that he was suitable HC material, and then he took the mask off. That's not on Ballard or the Colts. 

You can never trust someone like that again. It’s twice he’s alienated the star QB of a franchise…

And I’m not even sure you can classify his strategy as “The Patriot Way”. Sure Bill can be a jerk, but if you really pay attention you can tell he actually cares about his players and is a lifelong student of the game. McDaniels is not that type of guy. 

• Like 4

On 10/31/2023 at 11:50 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Glad he got fired. Garbage HC and a terrible human being. He can go back to the Pats. I honestly hope he never gets another job in the NFL again personally though.

But yet Ballard tripped over his tongue in trying to get him here!! Things that make u go hmmmmmm!!!

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Disagree.  If he would have come here, the McDaniels/Ballard era might have been a 2 year stint rather than 7 years of Ballard trying to figure it out.

15 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I'm surprised that his firing has slipped by the masses on this forum. This was another decision that further supports my position that Ballard needs to go.

Ok….   For the FOURTH TIME, What in the world has made you do a 180 on Ballard?   You’ve completely flipped.   You’ve stated for months you were going to lay off Ballard, that you knew this was going to be a rebuilding type of year, and then a few weeks ago, you snapped.   You and I have exchanged several posts since then and you have yet to answer this question.   The season is going roughly as expected and yet you’ve flipped.    Why?   

By the way, concluding nearly six years after the fact that Ballard should be blamed for wanting to hire McDaniels is the very text book definition of benefiting from 20/20 hindsight.   Congrats. 

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ok….   For the FOURTH TIME, What in the world has made you do a 180 on Ballard?   You’ve completely flipped.   You’ve stated for months you were going to lay off Ballard, that you knew this was going to be a rebuilding type of year, and then a few weeks ago, you snapped.   You and I have exchanged several posts since then and you have yet to answer this question.   The season is going roughly as expected and yet you’ve flipped.    Why?   

By the way, concluding nearly six years after the fact that Ballard should be blamed for wanting to hire McDaniels is the very text book definition of benefiting from 20/20 hindsight.   Congrats. 

He’ll never answer you. Dude just deflects and cries. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Deflect, maybe, but I don't cry. Well, I am not  being  honest.  I did lose it watching Bambi and other movies. I am also a hard-core Hallmark movie watcher, kid u not!!

Is it not the civic duty of a Canadian to be a House Hunters and HGTV watcher? LOL

23 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

He’ll never answer you. Dude just deflects and cries. 

Why a 180? I said I would  wipe the cutting board clean. Yet, 8 games in and I  am seeing little progress with our early picks that should be defining this team. Pierce, Dayo and Paye are showing me little. This defence, as I predicted is only getting worse as time passes. Oh but don't worry. We face trash qbs, exception Burrow, so I expect those defensive stats to be spectacular going forward.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I'm surprised that his firing has slipped by the masses on this forum. This was another decision that further supports my position that Ballard needs to go.

1) I am surprised you thought that thread belonged on the Colts page. 

2) It did not slip by the masses here considering there is already a 3 page thread going on the topic. 

3) Did you pull a muscle contorting yourself to pin his backing out on the Colts to Ballard?  Or patting yourself on the back that this somehow fits your distorted narrative?  

The McDaniels / Colts thing is infinitely more on McDaniels than anyone else. Plenty of reasons to question Ballard - this ain’t one of them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

1) I am surprised you thought that thread belonged on the Colts page. 

2) It did not slip by the masses here considering there is already a 3 page thread going on the topic. 

3) Did you pull a muscle contorting yourself to pin his backing out on the Colts to Ballard?  Or patting yourself on the back that this somehow fits your distorted narrative?  

The McDaniels / Colts thing is infinitely more on McDaniels than anyone else. Plenty of reasons to question Ballard - this ain’t one of them. 

My distorted narrative that Ballard is not a good GM??? Hmmmm 48-56-1 as of today. Now, I bet he finishes around 50-63-1. Would u call that stellar?   I wouldn't question Ballard on missing on McDaniels except this. He has  missed on a lot since being  our GM. Maybe, just maybe the whiffing on McDaniels was just foreshadowing what was in the future for this franchise? And yes, his decision making can definitely be questioned after 7 years and not a hell of a lot to show for it.

52 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

My distorted narrative that Ballard is not a good GM??? Hmmmm 48-56-1 as of today. Now, I bet he finishes around 50-63-1. Would u call that stellar?   I wouldn't question Ballard on missing on McDaniels except this. He has  missed on a lot since being  our GM. Maybe, just maybe the whiffing on McDaniels was just foreshadowing what was in the future for this franchise? And yes, his decision making can definitely be questioned after 7 years and not a hell of a lot to show for it.

Like it or not, regardless of our opinions, this is most likely how Irsay views it:

The record has been reset. Ballard’s record is now 3-5 (still not good). This year is a rebuild especially with Richardson out and he has 2-3 years to get the team back into contention. 

Irsay is patient to a fault. He’s going to wait it out and see if Chris can turn it around and learn from his mistakes. If he can’t, then a change will happen. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 10:11 PM, NFLfan said:

Do you think he gets hired again? The poll is up.

@Zoltan   @2006Coltsbestever@ @VikingsFanInChennai     @Solid84@RollerColt

@csmopar  @Colt.45 @Dunk @Chrisaaron1023 @chad72@SR711 @shakedownstreet@Jared Cisneros@Dingus McGirt@NewColtsFan  @Lancer1@PRnum1  @w87r

Anyone else that I failed to mention...   

Nope..

However my town does have an opening for head coach for 5-6 year old flag.

27 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Nope..

However my town does have an opening for head coach for 5-6 year old flag.

You may have to clear your "cache" in storage to add in your vote in the poll. So far, it is 14 to 3 against a new head coaching job in the NFL within the next 6 years.

13 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Like it or not, regardless of our opinions, this is most likely how Irsay views it:

The record has been reset. Ballard’s record is now 3-5 (still not good). This year is a rebuild especially with Richardson out and he has 2-3 years to get the team back into contention. 

Irsay is patient to a fault. He’s going to wait it out and see if Chris can turn it around and learn from his mistakes. If he can’t, then a change will happen. 

Yes, it  has been reset. However his more recent picks of Pierece, Day and Paye were suppose to be the future going forward. Crickets so far.

On 11/3/2023 at 10:11 PM, NFLfan said:

Do you think he gets hired again? The poll is up.

@Zoltan   @2006Coltsbestever@ @VikingsFanInChennai     @Solid84@RollerColt

@csmopar  @Colt.45 @Dunk @Chrisaaron1023 @chad72@SR711 @shakedownstreet@Jared Cisneros@Dingus McGirt@NewColtsFan  @Lancer1@PRnum1  @w87r

Anyone else that I failed to mention...   

I voted no, but I think if any team gives him another shot, it would be the Patriots.

34 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

And  so r u in your  defence of him

Not really.   I rarely post about the GM.  I just know he isn't going anywhere.   You get night sweats hoping he gets fired.  You try to put every negative on the GM.  The team has talent.  If we had a healthy QB we would be in much better shape.   Sleep easy though,   Ballard will be be the GM next year.