Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Go look how we lost a lot of games last year.

Stop It Fox Tv GIF by Empire FOX

you’re grasping at straws badly today. If you can’t see that this team, even with the crap show that is Minshew at qb, isn’t playing better in all 3 areas, compared to last year, you must not be actually watching the games. already we have more offensive TDs this year than we had all last season combined …

besides, most expected a down year. We will be fine 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheEdgeis1 said:

I was hoping someone would bring this up.  It was an absolutely terrible call by the ref.

Yeah, add that in there with Bull that happened at the end of the game because that killed our momentum. We very easily could have scored a TD, instead it backed us up, then they block a FG. Growing up watching this game, the one thing that used to happen was, the home team usually got all the borderline calls, hell in our case it doesn't matter I guess lmao . I mean today, it wasn't 1 or even 2 calls, it was like 5 that went against us. After a while it would make any fan nauseated and wonder if the crap isn't rigged. 

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Anyone wanna talk about Adam Tucker out here. Striking perfect 50 yarder and 50 yarders? Making us almost forget what Gay did a month ago??

Not go down play it but it’s a kicker hitting long field goals vs the Colts.  That always happens lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

The colts had the lead. Made a huge defensive stop that would have ended the game. The refs decided otherwise with two bad calls. Even non colts fans are saying this.

Cope.

I think people are trying too hard to say it was this or that ONLY that cost the Colts the game.  I think it’s okay to go the refs seemed one sided today and impacted the end of the game but the Colts also can’t turn the ball over four times and have a blocked field goal and expect to win.

1 hour ago, colts89 said:

Playing in your own goal line with Minshew as your QB, Freeland as the RT and Myles Garrett lined up across from him is just not a good scenario to pass the ball.

Honestly he should have just taken the safety there. Run the ball and if you don’t get a 1st just have him walk out the back of the end zone. When we unintentionally got the safety against the Ravens, it ended up benefiting us. You get a safety, then kick the ball off so the opposing team doesn’t start off with good field position. I also thought that was a poor call. You have a 2nd year and rookie at Left and Right tackle against Myles Garrett backed up in your own end zone.

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I think people are trying too hard to say it was this or that ONLY that cost the Colts the game.  I think it’s okay to go the refs seemed one sided today and impacted the end of the game but the Colts also can’t turn the ball over four times and expect to win.

Wholeheartedly agree. The team definitely bears culpability.

But to ignore the impact those calls had is obtuse bordering on trolling, which shouldn’t surprise anyone.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Because, because he is so transparent.  U hold up his record and people in here still give up excuses.  Steichen is going to show Irsay that the reason for this teams success is him and its failures is due to lack of talent, Ballard

For the record….   Who do you think hired Shane Steichen?    The same Chris Ballard who when he hired SS, Ballard said they see things very much the same.  Ballard then went out and had a good free agency and a fantastic draft.   Recently, you said the pairing of Steichen and Ballard made no sense to you.   It makes sense to THEM, but not to YOU.   So you’re right but they’re wrong?   

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

you’re grasping at straws badly today. If you can’t see that this team, even with the crap show that is Minshew at qb, isn’t playing better in all 3 areas, compared to last year, you must not be actually watching the games. already we have more offensive TDs this year than we had all last season combined …

Season 1 Episode 101 GIF by PeacockTV

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Cooper Kupp 26 mil

Tyreek 30 mil

Davante adams 28 

Aj brown 25

Diggs 24

Deebo 23

Keenan Allen 20

Mike Evans 16

Deandre hopkins 13

How in the world do you guys think Pittman should be paid 20-25 mil a year?

Honestly, I’m fairly certain that none of the people on this sub, who you’re desperately trying to convince not to pay Pitt, have any say in the matter.  Might be best for you to write a letter to the organization, share your credentials, and let them know your thoughts.  Best of luck with that. 

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Wholeheartedly agree. The team definitely bears culpability.

But to ignore the impact those calls had is obtuse bordering on trolling, which shouldn’t surprise anyone.

I don’t know if it’s trolling.  It’s a different opinion that I don’t agree with but I think he’s just going let’s focus on what the Colts did wrong that they can control rather than complain about something they have no control over?  That I can understand.  Still I fully feel like the officials were a bigger factor than they should have been and they seemed one sided.  That’s not good for the NFL even if you aren’t a Colts fan.  

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I feel the same way and a few on here still have the nerve to say we deserved to lose anyway. I hope there is a game where we have a WR running down the sideline late in a game and he just trips over his own 2 feet and we get the call that sets up a game winning TD. I am going to say SCOREBOARD right back. I am not even going watch the Dolphins/Eagles game. I have my movie night set. Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2 it is, then Trading places. It is going to be an Eddie night before I pass out.

That is an AMAZING night of movies and football detoxing. Eddie Murphy was in his prime back in the 80’s. Raw is my all time favorite stand up show by him. 

But today was off. Especially in the game chat. Folks almost hoping we lose and calling out Shane for EVERY blunder that happened. We aren’t without fault today but what’s the point of being a fan if you’re just aiming to bring others down. Losing AR was already tough enough. Let others enjoy the remaining part of the team that still gives us hope

Better to be us with a bright future ahead. We could be the be lions questioning our resurgence, or the Bills questioning do we have the right guy at QB. 

Who knows. On to the Saints. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For the record….   Who do you think hired Shane Steichen?    The same Chris Ballard who when he hired SS, Ballard said they see things very much the same.  Ballard then went out and had a good free agency and a fantastic draft.   Recently, you said the pairing of Steichen and Ballard made no sense to you.   It makes sense to THEM, but not to YOU.   So you’re right but they’re wrong?   

Some try to project how they feel on to others in the organization and want to see them act the way they would if they were in that position rather than acknowledging that’s not how that said person acts.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Exactly. Last year was unwatchable...especially the so called offense. I look forward to the games this year but wish AR was still playing.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Glad to see Steichen took ownership of these two decisions.

Like any promising rookie, Steichen is really good at times, really bad at times.  

They just signed their QB off the street 5 weeks ago.  Against a dude off the street, you don't need to be kicking 60 yard FGs with 11:00 left in the 2nd quarter or getting aggressive out of your own end zone when you get the ball to start the 2nd half.  The only way the Browns win that game is if you give them field position and points.  

Steichen will learn to take a boring win when it's in front of him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

That is an AMAZING night of movies and football detoxing. Eddie Murphy was in his prime back in the 80’s. Raw is my all time favorite stand up show by him. 

But today was off. Especially in the game chat. Folks almost hoping we lose and calling out Shane for EVERY blunder that happened. We aren’t without fault today but what’s the point of being a fan if you’re just aiming to bring others down. Losing AR was already tough enough. Let others enjoy the remaining part of the team that still gives us hope

Better to be us with a bright future ahead. We could be the be lions questioning our resurgence, or the Bills questioning do we have the right guy at QB. 

Who knows. On to the Saints. 

Yeah, I have Beverly Hills Cop on right now, I am here just so I can read the comments just to see what silly thing comes out of the next persons mouth. By the way Raw was his best stand up.Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t know if it’s trolling.  It’s a different opinion that I don’t agree with but I think he’s just going let’s focus on what the Colts did wrong that they can control rather than complain about something they have no control over?  That I can understand.  Still I fully feel like the officials were a bigger factor than they should have been and they seemed one sided.  That’s not good for the NFL even if you aren’t a Colts fan.  

People are allowed to have differing opinions of course. But the manner in which it’s communicated and the acknowledgement of reality are just as important.

The issue also is if we stop talking about it, nothing changes. More fans need to express themselves as well as the players before anything changes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cjwhiskers said:

We will get the standard

We were leading at that point. Wanted to get into the correct formation and prevent the TD vs a back-up QB rather than needing to kick a long FG. Gamble didn't pay off unfortunately. 

Exactly what I was going to say, gamble didn't pay off and it felt like the officials just really shut it all out for us at the end.

4 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Might be best for you to write a letter to the organization, share your credentials, and let them know your thoughts.  Best of luck with that. 

Couldnt you say that to the other side of my discussion also?  It might be best you don't post on here since you don't seem to understand a message board.  I come here for a good debate or discussion. That's what I'm having.  Just sharing my opinion.  Thank you to the people who responded with intelligence, I love a good back and forth.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

What gets me additionally is when they reviewed it they didn’t even give it a serious review. They took one look at it, determined they were of course right and dismissed it.

I saw this as well.. Might as well call it an "Unofficial Glance" at that point. Don't understand how people could ever take that type of officiating seriously

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

What gets me additionally is when they reviewed it they didn’t even give it a serious review. They took one look at it, determined they were of course right and dismissed it.

It's not reviewable, they just had a conversation about it.

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think people are trying too hard to say it was this or that ONLY that cost the Colts the game.  I think it’s okay to go the refs seemed one sided today and impacted the end of the game but the Colts also can’t turn the ball over four times and have a blocked field goal and expect to win.

Thank you for your level headed posts throughout this thread :)

• Thanks 1