Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

31 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

I liked JT,  GREAT RB, but he has destroyed his reputation by relying on his stupid agent.  Just another football player, chasing the money instead of playing the game they are gifted to do.

JT is a brilliant man. He is driving this train and no  one to blame but himself.

1 hour ago, ojsglove said:

I liked JT,  GREAT RB, but he has destroyed his reputation by relying on his stupid agent.  Just another football player, chasing the money instead of playing the game they are gifted to do.

Lol like you'd be any different.   He may have not gone about it in the best of ways but he's trying to maximize his earning potential in the short window that he has as a RB.  Can't fault him for that. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

An anonymous GM in The Athletic said it best: Other GMs don’t want your problems. How much is a RB coming off injury and who can’t get past a routine surgery or is lying about his injury and oh yeah maybe a bad back too and apparently wants a record-setting deal and sulks if he doesn’t get really worth? I don’t know but seemingly not much because no way Balllard doesn’t jump at a second rounder or perhaps even a third to get rid of this headache of a situation. 

Do you think every player holding out for a contract and holding out of off-season programs and even actual games is a headache, and GMs really think so?

If so, should Chiefs get rid of Chris Jones? And many players have done the same and have got on with the team just fine.

If a GM cannot handle this and thinks it's a headache, he may not be suitable for the job. It's very much part and parcel of the GM position to handle all kinds of situations like this. I don't think GMs would want to get rid of the headache, they are prepared to handle even more complications than this. 

51 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Do you think every player holding out for a contract and holding out of off-season programs and even actual games is a headache, and GMs really think so?

If so, should Chiefs get rid of Chris Jones? And many players have done the same and have got on with the team just fine.

If a GM cannot handle this and thinks it's a headache, he may not be suitable for the job. It's very much part and parcel of the GM position to handle all kinds of situations like this. I don't think GMs would want to get rid of the headache, they are prepared to handle even more complications than this. 

I think JT’s holdout is more bizarre than most and absolutely it’s a headache. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, J@son said:

Lol like you'd be any different.   He may have not gone about it in the best of ways but he's trying to maximize his earning potential in the short window that he has as a RB.  Can't fault him for that. 

May not have gone about it in the best of ways?

He’s accused one of the all time Colt greats of forcing him to play injured. If he’s got evidence, he needs to show it. If not, then he’s garbage.

No one would have begrudged him trying to get his money. The way in which he goes about it is the issue people have with him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

He’s accused one of the all time Colt greats of forcing him to play injured. If he’s got evidence, he needs to show it. If not, then he’s garbage.

No one would have begrudged him trying to get his money. The way in which he goes about it is the issue people have with him.

Couldnt agree more......He was fine with the contract then he wasn't he could have had those conversations privately with Irsay and Ballard and at least with Irsay did.....he could have been un happy with the outcome of those talk(s) and could have asked privately that he be traded but he didn't .....He could do a hold in to protest the outcome of all of that stuff (appears) he is......if his ankle still isn't right would be a whole other can of worms (discussion) Reversing comments of past incidents is acting out, and trying to sabotage his way off of the team, That doesn't speak to intelligence, more so immaturity, petulance, self absorbed personality type.....I could care less if he won the noble peace prize...an *hat is an *hat..... I really don't care if he ever plays for the Colts again, I could care less if they ever get a thing from him.....(of course I hope they can either get him in the fold or get something for him) but philosophically I am done with JT. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

More than brilliant. He turned down Harvard! I bet he’s in Mensa. 

Actually yeah, that does make him smart. I’d turn down that cesspool that is Harvard as well

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

AR for 5, AR for 3, AR for 30, AR for 10 :thmup:

AR for 15:peek:

5 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

Reread the specific post that I replied to

10 minutes ago, J@son said:

Reread the specific post that I replied to

I did.

You're acting like we’re upset cuz he’s trying to get money. It isn’t about that. The way he’s doing is what’s making the majority of fans upset. Cant cherry pick one sentence and ignore the rest of the statement.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J@son said:

listened to Query talking about the numerous interviews he has done, and said you’d be surprised how many athletes aren’t even playing their favorite sport. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

I did.

You're acting like we’re upset cuz he’s trying to get money. It isn’t about that. The way he’s doing is what’s making the majority of fans upset. Cant cherry pick one sentence and ignore the rest of the statement.

I'm not acting like "we're " anything.  I responded to one specific post by one person.  If you're not that person then my comment DID NOT APPLY TO YOU!  so move along  :thmup:

4 hours ago, esmort said:

If I was the owner I would give Pittman a nice contract and burn JTs career to the ground just to make a point.

Just curious, how would you go about destroying his career?

18 minutes ago, J@son said:

I'm not acting like "we're " anything.  I responded to one specific post by one person.  If you're not that person then my comment DID NOT APPLY TO YOU!  so move along buttercup :thmup:

If they have evidence of him falsifying the injury, they can retroactively issue a fine up to 40,000 per day dating to the first lie told about injury. Up to the total of his bae salary, in this case, 4 mil and change. They can also suspend him and his contract not only would be suspended but he’s lose a season off the pension accrual. All allowed under the cba

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, J@son said:

I'm not acting like "we're " anything.  I responded to one specific post by one person.  If you're not that person then my comment DID NOT APPLY TO YOU!  so move along buttercup :thmup:

He has to pass a physical and play games this year for the year to count. If he doesn't play hes here next year same situation, same salary. If he plays the games he's getting only the worst running situations so no good tape.  If he has played he gets franchised next season and given low playing time in bad situations again.  Then after franchise year ...I have paid people, former players, commentators, influences to come out and bash .... leaked constant anonymous info that puts JT in bad light. After the army of hired internet trolls have bashed his intentions, pushed statistics that he's washed, lost a step, etc....

Now 2 years later with all the new college rbs hitting the league, plus every other FA RB looking for contract, bad tape, rumors following him, and that i have made it known (without saying it) to other owners i want him froze out. No team is giving a 27 yo rb in that situation anything other than a prove it deal or a junk multi-year with incentives. By then he's old enough no one's giving him anything other then backup money. He's the footnote of a rb of "what could have been".

I'm a billionaire I don't care if crushing him costs me more then the contract he wanted. It's the point of the matter.

Off topic

I can't believe football is almost here again. I have been so focused on baseball because I am a huge Cubs fan but when I think of Colts football I get that different pumped up vibe. The fall weather starts to roll in and you know it's time.

My favorite sport has always been football, NBA was second up until around 7 years ago. I still have NBA 3rd but MLB has been 2nd to me since the Cubs won the World Series in 2016. I have been a Cubs fan since 1984 and that Championship was priceless in 2016.

NBA started to go way to political for a while but they have toned it down last 2 years or so and I actually watched the playoffs and Finals this year. Denver winning was different and pretty cool.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, esmort said:

He has to pass a physical and play games this year for the year to count. If he doesn't play hes here next year same situation, same salary. If he plays the games he's getting only the worst running situations so no good tape.  If he has played he gets franchised next season and given low playing time in bad situations again.  Then after franchise year ...I have paid people, former players, commentators, influences to come out and bash .... leaked constant anonymous info that puts JT in bad light. After the army of hired internet trolls have bashed his intentions, pushed statistics that he's washed, lost a step, etc....

Now 2 years later with all the new college rbs hitting the league, plus every other FA RB looking for contract, bad tape, rumors following him, and that i have made it known (without saying it) to other owners i want him froze out. No team is giving a 27 yo rb in that situation anything other than a prove it deal or a junk multi-year with incentives. By then he's old enough no one's giving him anything other then backup money. He's the footnote of a rb of "what could have been".

I'm a billionaire I don't care if crushing him costs me more then the contract he wanted. It's the point of the matter.

Sorry, but Oh, Dear God….      :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, esmort said:

If I was the owner I would give Pittman a nice contract and burn JTs career to the ground just to make a point.

And then watch Pittman getting more than worth for never ascending to WR1?

This is where a GM has to be different than fans, and needs to only act what's best for the organization, not what would make someone eat crow. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, esmort said:

That movie was already released in the name of LeVeon Bell 

• Like 1

I don't understand Ballard on this when ask why he don't sign his best players When before he said you sign your best players. Ballard's reponse we were a 4 win team last season. I don't know exactly what he's trying to say there I need some clarity. But if he thinks not signing Taylor will make the team better he's dead wrong it'll make us worse we all know that. He says the relationship is repairable there is only one way to repair this relationship and it can be sumed up in one word CONCRACT. I mean Ballard can get on his hands and knees and beg Taylor to love the Colts organization again for days and it won't change anything in Taylor's mind. until they work something out contract wise. I understand Taylor's faking of a injury if he goes out there and plays with no extention and gets a career ending injury he'll get nothing so I understand Taylor's stance. So get him signed it's the only thing that will fix this relationship if Ballard really wants to fix it. 

59 minutes ago, esmort said:

That's pretty pathetic and results in making the Colts a worse team because of ego. Glad you aren't Irsay!

21 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

This is where a GM has to be different than fans, and needs to only act what's best for the organization, not what would make someone eat crow. 

While I agree, you can throw some guaranteed money into the contract, which is what players typically like. 

But you’re right. GMs don’t have the luxury of acting based on emotion. That’s a luxury for fans and even some owners. GMs have to be cold and logical.

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is rare.   Not one, but Two Oh Dear God’s in one day.  

Neither will age well.     :facepalm:

Why... you think an owner has never purposely punished player to the point their career has never recovered?

3 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I don't understand Ballard on this when ask why he don't sign his best players When before he said you sign your best players. Ballard's reponse we were a 4 win team last season. I don't know exactly what he's trying to say there I need some clarity. But if he thinks not signing Taylor will make the team better he's dead wrong it'll make us worse we all know that. He says the relationship is repairable there is only one way to repair this relationship and it can be sumed up in one word CONCRACT. I mean Ballard can get on his hands and knees and beg Taylor to love the Colts organization again for days and it won't change anything in Taylor's mind. until they work something out contract wise. I understand Taylor's faking of a injury if he goes out there and plays with no extention and gets a career ending injury he'll get nothing so I understand Taylor's stance. So get him signed it's the only thing that will fix this relationship if Ballard really wants to fix it. 

Ballard hasn’t offered anyone extensions this year. He’s not opposed to it as we’ve seen historically but when you’re coming off an injured season in a new offense that a new coach is building, waiting to see how things play out is the most prudent course of action before throwing a bunch of money at players who may not work out. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, colts89 said:

That's pretty pathetic and results in making the Colts a worse team because of ego. Glad you aren't Irsay!

Who cares if we are bad this season...we aren't going anywhere until AR gets a season or 2 of experience anyway ... so we get high draft picks in the process.

34 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

So we overpay Pittman...not like we haven't overpaid plenty of players ... Front load it while we are collecting draft picks/players on rookie deals and not buying high dollar win now players or have a bunch on contracts to renew. If it drives home the point then it's money well spent 

7 minutes ago, esmort said:

Why... you think an owner has never purposely punished player to the point their career has never recovered?

Not at all.   Al Davis basically mostly benched Marcus Allen for 5 years to ruin his career.   I know it’s been done. 

I want to be clear….  I like you.   You’re a really good poster.   You’re smart and contribute good ideas to this community on a regular basis.  Not that you’d care, but you’re an NCF favorite!  

I just don’t understand you getting so bent over what amounts to a contract dispute.   There is a long list of reasons why what you want is not going to happen.   Not ever.   It would be terrible and bad for the franchise.  While succeeding in hurting JT’s career,  you’d be hurting the Colts at a time when the franchise is doing a major re-boot around a promising young quarterback and bright young coach.  Everything about this weird fantasy of yours screams WRONG!!    And you have to know it too.   

The focus of the entire organization needs to be positive with everyone going in the same direction.   I know JT is not on board.  But I believe this can be managed, or until the team makes a trade.   But holding on to Taylor just to ruin his career would create a cancer and a distraction in the clubhouse that no one wants or needs. 

I hope this is good food for thought. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I don't understand Ballard on this when ask why he don't sign his best players When before he said you sign your best players. Ballard's reponse we were a 4 win team last season. I don't know exactly what he's trying to say there I need some clarity. But if he thinks not signing Taylor will make the team better he's dead wrong it'll make us worse we all know that. He says the relationship is repairable there is only one way to repair this relationship and it can be sumed up in one word CONCRACT. I mean Ballard can get on his hands and knees and beg Taylor to love the Colts organization again for days and it won't change anything in Taylor's mind. until they work something out contract wise. I understand Taylor's faking of an injury if he goes out there and plays with no extention and gets a career ending injury he'll get nothing so I understand Taylor's stance. So get him signed it's the only thing that will fix this relationship if Ballard really wants to fix it. 

He later said that EVERY POSITION will be evaluated before extending anyone due to the fact we were a four win team

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Myles said:

Taylor needs to lose money.  Fines would be nice.   Because RB's have short careers, he decided to take time off to extort money from the Colts.  I hope the Colts do not give in to the *.

I’m only for that if they have proof he has been lying. Right now Taylor’s camp has painted this picture that the colts did him wrong so unless we have proof, the backlash will not be worth it

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not at all.   Al Davis basically mostly benched Marcus Allen for 5 years to ruin his career.   I know it’s been done. 

I want to be clear….  I like you.   You’re a really good poster.   You’re smart and contribute good ideas to this community on a regular basis.  Not that you’d care, but you’re an NCF favorite!  

I just don’t understand you getting so bent over what amounts to a contract dispute.   There is a long list of reasons why what you want is not going to happen.   Not ever.   It would be terrible and bad for the franchise.  While succeeding in hurting JT’s career,  you’d be hurting the Colts at a time when the franchise is doing a major re-boot around a promising young quarterback and bright young coach.  Everything about this weird fantasy of yours screams WRONG!!    And you have to know it too.   

The focus of the entire organization needs to be positive with everyone going in the same direction.   I know JT is not on board.  But I believe this can be managed, or until the team makes a trade.   But holding on to Taylor just to ruin his career would create a cancer and a distraction in the clubhouse that no one wants or needs. 

I hope this is good food for thought. 

A normal contract dispute, JT just holding out I'm fine with. But, I feel like JT and/or his agent upped the ante and are playing dirty now...I'm not buying the narrative coming out of his camp and smearing Saturday and the Colts. I think the Colts would have treated him fairly (not saying pay what he was asking, but fair) if he had not started down this current path; and if he's going to play dirty I would make an example of of him/that tactic and set a precedent.