Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AR vs Young vs Stroud vs Levis

csmopar

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I pray they don't get him. Levis will have a nice luxury there. We can still draft a WR like Nabors or Odunze though and either of those guys may be just as great as Marv. AR would have more weapons. Pierce impressed me today regarding our WR's now. Downs and Pittman both are very good, maybe not great but very good IMO. 

I read on the game thread that he was staying in school.

17 hours ago, NFLfan said:

A Colts fan on the game thread that Marvin Harrison Jr. was returning to school but Rollercolt said that is not definite.

There’s an article that I read the other day….   Kirk Herbstreit says there’s a hot rumor that OSU boosters are trying to entice Harrison Jr to stay in school by giving him millions in NIL money.  

But Herbie thought it was doubtful it would work.   

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There’s an article that I read the other day….   Kirk Herbstreit says there’s a hot rumor that OSU boosters are trying to entice Harrison Jr to stay in school by giving him millions in NIL money.  

Do you happen to know what his major is or  if he's on pace to graduate?

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

and this is the issue I have with nil. Boosters will use it to pay players and ncaa will be like minor league baseball on steroids. Why not just have a minor league in the nfl where it could be regulated. Is there a record of who gives money to the nil? Could a nfl owner donate money to lure or keep a free agent at a lower contract helping stay below the salary cap?

6 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

No problem, maybe someone who knows will see this.  Lots of OSU fans out there

FWIW:   I just went to the OSO website.   Typically they will have the players major.  Even if the player doesn’t have one yet, a school will list it as UNDECLARED. 

But for whatever reason, not in this case.   Just no information on a major.    Odd. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, husker61 said:

and this is the issue I have with nil. Boosters will use it to pay players and ncaa will be like minor league baseball on steroids. Why not just have a minor league in the nfl where it could be regulated. Is there a record of who gives money to the nil? Could a nfl owner donate money to lure or keep a free agent at a lower contract helping stay below the salary cap?

Hey, I hate the whole NIL situation.   I oppose it.   I think it’s ruined college football for every college outside the top-30.   That means roughly 100 schools are getting screwed because they can’t compete with the top schools for $$$$$

A real shame.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW:   I just went to the OSO website.   Typically they will have the players major.  Even if the player doesn’t have one yet, a school will list it as UNDECLARED. 

But for whatever reason, not in this case.   Just no information on a major.    Odd. 

That sounds like undeclared to me, I appreciate you looking into it.  Not everyone could get away with that but he can. 

9 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

That sounds like undeclared to me, I appreciate you looking into it.  Not everyone could get away with that but he can. 

Maybe….  But he’s been in school for three full years.   Typically a kid will know his major by then.    It’s not a big deal.  I’m more curious why the school website simply doesn’t say….   Undecided.   

That’s odd to me. 

49 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ok, but if Colts make the playoffs, they will have no shot a Harrison, correct ?

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

His father will see that we,the Colts get him.No Worries.  Like father,like son they say

14 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Ok, but if Colts make the playoffs, they will have no shot a Harrison, correct ?

We might have a shot at Odunze or Nabers, if one of them makes it to the mid to late teens but I doubt it. 

Some seriously good DL value around the teens - from Jer'Zhan Newton to Bralen Trice to Jared Verse to Dallas Turner. As always, I anticipate Ballard to trade down and he can still get Xavier Worthy, who is a serious burner.

19 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Correct.   Harrison should easily go top-5.   Even if the Colts just fell short of reaching the post-season, they’d likely be picking 17/18.    So we wouldn’t be close enough.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, conklincolt said:

His father will see that we,the Colts get him.No Worries.  Like father,like son they say

There’s nothing his father can do, especially if the Colts are picking in the bottom half of the first round.   

I would hope Harrison Sr wouldn’t get badly tangled up with Harrison Jr.   It would be a terrible look. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, conklincolt said:

The Bears will have ( most likely) the First overall pick plus another pick in the top 7. They have the draft capital to make moves on draft day. I think Marv Jr will end up a Bear.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There’s nothing his father can do, especially if the Colts are picking in the bottom half of the first round.   

I would hope Harrison Sr wouldn’t get badly tangled up with Harrison Jr.   It would be a terrible look. 

It worked for Archie and Eli.  But the Colts have no shot at getting Jr unless they trade way up.  I don't see that happening 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It worked for Archie and Eli.  But the Colts have no shot at getting Jr unless they trade way up.  I don't see that happening 

Yes….  It worked for Archie and Eli about 20 years ago.   But everything has gotten much bigger since then, especially the draft which is now a major event.   

As for a trade up, I agree.  Very unlikely.   It’s one thing to trade up from roughly 8th,  it’s quite another to do it from 18th.   That’s entirely different. 

On 12/4/2023 at 2:57 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Hey, I hate the whole NIL situation.   I oppose it.   I think it’s ruined college football for every college outside the top-30.   That means roughly 100 schools are getting screwed because they can’t compete with the top schools for $$$$$

A real shame.  

Agreed. And if you look at the option the NCAA suggested today, it will only get worse — or better for the super conference teams. The NCAA is basically saying, OK you don’t like how we do it so make up your own rules. It will be the SEC and BIGwhatever, and everyone else. It’s sad to me. 

1 hour ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Agreed. And if you look at the option the NCAA suggested today, it will only get worse — or better for the super conference teams. The NCAA is basically saying, OK you don’t like how we do it so make up your own rules. It will be the SEC and BIGwhatever, and everyone else. It’s sad to me. 

Yes….   For fans of college football it’s the end as we know it just keeps getting steadily closer.   What used to be great and fun has been dying now for years.  

My school is in the BIGwhatever, as you put it, but I couldn’t care less.   Very, very sad to me.   I feel bad for the roughly 100 other schools who will get screwed.  

Yuk…..    :giveup:

• Like 2

On 12/4/2023 at 8:48 AM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Levis is going to be good. Titans just need to fix the team around him. You can tell when a QB just had it. AFCS is going to be a heck of a division next 5 years.

I respectfully disagree. Levis looks too much like Carson Wentz to me. I believe this will be a battle between the other 3 QBs in the division. 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes….   For fans of college football it’s the end as we know it just keeps getting steadily closer.   What used to be great and fun has been dying now for years.  

My school is in the BIGwhatever, as you put it, but I couldn’t care less.   Very, very sad to me.   I feel bad for the roughly 100 other schools who will get screwed.  

Yuk…..    :giveup:

I wonder what my Ball State Cardinals and other MAC schools will do, as well as all of the other non super conferences. I guess down the road they’ll have to decide if they even want to be in division I. Hell maybe those 100 schools will tell the NCAA to screw off and they’ll just start a new association. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I wonder what my Ball State Cardinals and other MAC schools will do, as well as all of the other non super conferences. I guess down the road they’ll have to decide if they even want to be in division I. Hell maybe those 100 schools will tell the NCAA to screw off and they’ll just start a new association. 

More likely the two conference power schools will break off. But you make a good point — the Super schools have to play someone so the leftover 100 have some power. 

3 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

More likely the two conference power schools will break off. But you make a good point — the Super schools have to play someone so the leftover 100 have some power. 

I mean they’ll definitely have leverage on asking those schools to pay up with all the money flowing. 

Between selection committees, NILs and more I’d say the NCAAs integrity is permanently damaged. They might as well just make the Big 10 and SEC minor leagues for the NFL. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I respectfully disagree. Levis looks too much like Carson Wentz to me. I believe this will be a battle between the other 3 QBs in the division. 

Carson Wentz was very good his first four years. He threw for about 14,000 yards, 97 TD, 35 INT. And he was a winner. He also played well in Indy but he is not given credit because Indy failed to make the playoffs that year. He threw some picks at bad times. He still only had 7 INTs in his time with Indy.

Wentz gets a bad rap among fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Carson Wentz was very good his first four years. He threw for about 14,000 yards, 97 TD, 35 INT. And he was a winner. He also played well in Indy but he is not given credit because Indy failed to make the playoffs that year. He threw some picks at bad times. He still only had 7 INTs in his time with Indy.

Wentz gets a bad rap among fans.

Wentz stat wise had a good season with us.  Eye test was I’d say it was average.  He was good at protecting the ball, but when it was time to make the throw for the game he couldn’t do it consistently.  Add in the rumors of him being uncoachable and constantly checking out of run plays and it’s easy to see why he got the boot.

wentz season with us is essentially minshew without the turnovers.

• Like 1