Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson is bad

lennymoore24

The Colts in 2022 were terrible as a team, not just the QB. I don’t expect many wins and hope they give AR all of the snaps so we can find out if he looks like the future. If not, we can copy what the Cardinals did a few years ago and draft another #1 QB, perhaps even the USC QB if we are bad enough.

No need to either bash or praise AR today. Just let him play every game and see what happens.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 5:12 PM, lennymoore24 said:

I find it so funny how everyone is going out of their way to elevate this guy and his play.  Venturi raps up game by saying how impressed he was wtih Richadson. ha  What a joke. You mean the guy who threw a terrible interception and threw a number of balls either too high or off target?  Sorry, just because we spend the number 4 pick on a QB and HOPE he becomes good doesn't make him good.  He is and will always be what she showed in college. Which is he has great athletic skills.  But he makes bad decisions, has terrible ball placement, and is inaccurate.

I have never, ever seen a running QB who played one year of college football, have a losing record, barely completely over 50% of his passes, get into the pros and become a good passing QB.  No Josh Allen didn't play one year of college football. Sorry.  I have been a Colts fan since they were in Baltimore.  I love the Colts.  But I am not going to drink the Kool-Aid and just because the guy was a high pick, cheer about how good he is.  If Sam Ehlinger had that same performance, we would probably say he should be 3rd string.   It was a wasted pick, he is going to be a terrible failure as an ACCURATE, GOOD DECISIONS NFL QB, and I will look back at this 2-3 years from now when they have to clean house as him being what finally took it down.  It is too bad, because I think Ballard is a good GM and I think Steichen could be a good coach.  Gardner Minshew is clearly as better all around NFL QB than Richardson, but Irsay won't allow that to happen.  Sad.

Oh well, Art Schlichter needs company as a bust #1 QB pick for the Colts :)  Richardson will never come close to be anywhere near Jeff George's overall career.

You gotta be trolling. Honestly I kind of hope you are trolling and dont really believe anything you just typed out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 5:57 PM, Kemisk said:

Richardson: 7/12 for 67 yards, 1 INT 

Levis: 5/7 for 50 yards, 2 sacks + 6 rush yds

CJ Stroud: 2/4 passing for 13 yards, 1 INT, 1 sack + 6 rush yds

Bryce Young: 4/6 passing for 21 yards.

It’s almost like they are all rookies and need some time before we claim anything.

Wrong. Everyone knows if a player is good or bad based on their first rookie action in their first preseason game. We know players never improve beyond what they show in their first preseason game.

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'm just gonna leave this here. That's a 50 yard TD.

Yeah, Pierce has to catch these. There was a lot of wrestling with the CB as they fell to the ground but he was drafted to be the deep threat and AR couldn’t have placed it better. It’s preseason so no harm. 

• Like 2

It’s almost like they are all rookies and need some time before we claim anything.

Levis had an int as well

I find it so funny how everyone is going out of their way to elevate this guy and his play.  Venturi raps up game by saying how impressed he was wtih Richadson. ha  What a joke. You mean the guy who threw a terrible interception and threw a number of balls either too high or off target?  Sorry, just because we spend the number 4 pick on a QB and HOPE he becomes good doesn't make him good.  He is and will always be what she showed in college. Which is he has great athletic skills.  But he makes bad decisions, has terrible ball placement, and is inaccurate.

I have never, ever seen a running QB who played one year of college football, have a losing record, barely completely over 50% of his passes, get into the pros and become a good passing QB.  No Josh Allen didn't play one year of college football. Sorry.  I have been a Colts fan since they were in Baltimore.  I love the Colts.  But I am not going to drink the Kool-Aid and just because the guy was a high pick, cheer about how good he is.  If Sam Ehlinger had that same performance, we would probably say he should be 3rd string.   It was a wasted pick, he is going to be a terrible failure as an ACCURATE, GOOD DECISIONS NFL QB, and I will look back at this 2-3 years from now when they have to clean house as him being what finally took it down.  It is too bad, because I think Ballard is a good GM and I think Steichen could be a good coach.  Gardner Minshew is clearly as better all around NFL QB than Richardson, but Irsay won't allow that to happen.  Sad.

Oh well, Art Schlichter needs company as a bust #1 QB pick for the Colts :)  Richardson will never come close to be anywhere near Jeff George's overall career.

Who the heck are you to cast such critical judgement. Credentials of your knowledge please?

agreed, and remember, our qb is the most inexperienced.  So what does say about his stats in comparison with the other qbs?  He has the most upside.  He will improve as long as he has the work ethic. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 5:34 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Richardson got unlucky twice. Once on the drop by Pierce, and the other for the INT when McKenzie ran the wrong route. He was good otherwise. I'll wait until preseason is over before panicking (unless he gets hurt first).

Plus a holding call that took away the potential touchdown and big gain by AR and a rare missed field goal by the kicker....  duh, the poster is a New England Fan,  they just can't give up that the Easter Bunny isn't real...  :lecture:

11 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Wrong. Everyone knows if a player is good or bad based on their first rookie action in their first preseason game. We know players never improve beyond what they show in their first preseason game.

Yep, ESPECIALLY when it's based on a massive sample size consisting of 13 college games and 1 NFL pre-season game.

Yeah, the OP vouched for Anthony Gordon during his draft time as a sure floor thing, and was sour on Jordan Love, one is out of the league and the other has been endorsed by NFL coaches as a starter. So I will take everything the OP says with a grain of salt, that is all. It is a good thing he is bashing AR like he did Jordan Love, my crystal ball says, I would be worried if he were gushing about AR. :) 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Ooof...

That is a really well thrown ball to Pierce, that should have been a TD. Bill Polian would say "if it hits your hands, you have to catch it". It is not like it was a 50-50 ball either. However, Pierce seems to catch 50-50 balls better, so Matt Ryan would throw it up a bit more for Pierce. I am not sure what type of catcher Pierce was in college but this catch needs to be made at the NFL level.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That is a really well thrown ball to Pierce, that should have been a TD. Bill Polian would say "if it hits your hands, you have to catch it". It is not like it was a 50-50 ball either. However, Pierce seems to catch 50-50 balls better, so Matt Ryan would throw it up a bit more for Pierce. I am not sure what type of catcher Pierce was in college but this catch needs to be made at the NFL level.

I didn't get to see it as I was driving and listening to the radio.  It sounded like it was a tougher catch than what the picture depicted.  After seeing that, it seems it was more of a concentration issue than a hands issue, because you're right.  Pierce is a better contested catch than he was on that play in particular.

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Wait a minute.

Are you saying if Matt Ryan made the throw its a completion ?:banana:

Bad To The Bone Dogs GIF by Chippy the Dog

4 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Wait a minute.

Are you saying if Matt Ryan made the throw its a completion ?:banana:

Matt Ryan was always savvy enough to adapt to a new pass catcher's tendencies faster, due to his experience, so in the right moments, yes. But his arm and pocket presence in the face of pressure had regressed enough that we needed someone like AR to take off and run a few times like AR did. :) 

In his rookie year, maybe Matt Ryan realized Pierce had a limited route tree and gave him either contested catches or those quick slants. I rarely saw Pierce making sideline catches going laterally. Going vertically was his ammo.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just trashing Richardson left and right and basically laughing at his accuracy. I mean pierce catches that it goes from 58 to 67. 

Whoever is hosting the show, apparently didn't watch the game. When I was at work Saturday night, a caller called the guy hosting CBS radio saying how bad Richardson looked because he threw an INT to begin the game and the host was agreeing with him. I doubt either even watched the game after that, it was a caller from Florida just bashing AR leading up to his comment, saying he sucked at Florida. Some people are just sadly negative and really don't have a clue on certain things. I think they see 1 highlight like the INT and just run with it. They never even brought up the perfect thrown ball to Pierce that was dropped.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Whoever is hosting the show, apparently didn't watch the game. When I was at work Saturday night, a caller called the guy hosting CBS radio saying how bad Richardson looked because he threw an INT to begin the game and the host was agreeing with him. I doubt either even watched the game after that, it was a caller from Florida just bashing AR leading up to his comment, saying he sucked at Florida. Some people are just sadly negative and really don't have a clue on certain things. I think they see 1 highlight like the INT and just run with it. They never even brought up the perfect thrown ball to Pierce that was dropped.

Sadly JMV has been doing the same thing.

25 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Local Indy radio is getting so bad. Kevin Bowen is the only sane one left. The afternoon show today is terrible. Jake Querry will be taking over the afternoon show soon.

I believe that some radio talk show hosts do these things to rile up the fans, as doing so increases their ratings. Negativity sells.

Btw, who did those guys want the Colts to draft?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Richardson was a dropped Alec pierce pass from having 67% completion Saturday. That is pretty dang good.

I didn't see the game but will watch it tuesday night on NFL Network replay.

But did Pierce drop the ball or did the DB knock it out of his hands at the last second ?

15 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I didn't see the game but will watch it tuesday night on NFL Network replay.

But did Pierce drop the ball or did the DB knock it out of his hands at the last second ?

It looked to me like he had it till he hit the ground, though it was well defend imo,  and may have caused the securing issue

• Like 1

Anthony Richardson flashed superstar potential in preseason debut

By Mike Florio

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/anthony-richardson-flashed-superstar-potential-in-preseason-debut

When it comes to rookie quarterbacks playing in the preseason, there’s one primary question to answer. Does he look the part?

Colts quarterback Anthony Richardson does.

He has a very strong arm and a lightning-fast release. As noted on Monday’s PFT Live, Richardson’s first-drive interception was a missile delivered flat-footed and falling backward with a flick of the wrist, which came as he rushed in the face of a blitz from a defensive back lined up in the slot...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1