Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts fans who don't live in Indy. Re: NFL Sunday Ticket

18 minutes ago, Colts Fan In L.A. said:

So today is the last day for the $100 off "deal" for Sunday ticket in Youtube. Just paid $350 for the year. It hurt, not gonna lie. Did anyone outside of Indy also purchase it? I know there are other avenues (wink, wink), but I enjoy having a reliable signal. But geez, that was pricey. 

I have YouTube TV and signed up a week ago. The price was $249 with the $100. "deal" . Not $350

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Colts Fan In L.A. said:

So today is the last day for the $100 off "deal" for Sunday ticket in Youtube. Just paid $350 for the year. It hurt, not gonna lie. Did anyone outside of Indy also purchase it? I know there are other avenues (wink, wink), but I enjoy having a reliable signal. But geez, that was pricey. 

I'm not outside of Indy(so have local broadcast), but I am still considering it today? Especially since you can have unlimited streams going. So if you have enough TV's you could watch all 1pm games if you wanted to.

Time is ticking on my decision.

Doesn't help my wife was cutting down some branches and stuff in the backyard and cut my line set to my AC, this morning. :facepalm:

Just money right. Lol

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

I have YouTube TV and signed up a week ago. The price was $249 with the $100. "deal" . Not $350

That's what I was thinking too, when he said $350.

Haven't looked to confirm yet.

• Like 1

It's insane that, in 2022, it was still on DirecTV, and in 2023, there are still no smaller packages.  You can stream any movie, anything.  You should be able to just throw $10 down and watch a football game.

• Like 9

I remember getting the ticket I think in Peyton's second year so it's definitely weird not dealing with dtv anymore.

I hate YouTube and refuse to give them money so I'll have to go the wink wink route as it was referred to... Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

he paid $350 because he just bought the package. I did the same .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colts Fan In L.A. said:

2 hours ago, mirobi48 said:

I looked into it and you had to pay $350 for it plus you had to have YouTube basic which is another $70 per month. So decided not to

I brought it last night, splitting cost with fiancée step dad. 

And it's $350 today, if you don't have YouTube TV. If you have YouTube TV it's 250 plus 70 a month. 

After today it's 350 and 450

• Like 3

I'm OK with NFL+ premium, which was $79 for a year subscription at the time. Colts games are on local TV and I can watch every game minutes after they've ended. Even if I already know the score, I like to see how the game developed. I never considered NFL Sunday Ticket. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

he paid $350 because he just bought the package. I did the same .

Correct.  I bought the $350 package as well.  My wife actually pushed me to do it.  I have always gone to a sports bar in the past with fellow Colts fans but attendance has dropped considerably the last few years for various personal reasons.  So she convinced me buy it and stay home.  Going to be different for sure.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Correct.  I bought the $350 package as well.  My wife actually pushed me to do it.  I have always gone to a sports bar in the past with fellow Colts fans but attendance has dropped considerably the last few years for various personal reasons.  So she convinced me buy it and stay home.  Going to be different for sure.

Not for nothing but this "package " is so "messed " up. I read the Direct TV was losing millions and millions with the price they were paying for the Sunday ticket. Analyst are saying Yahoo will also lose money . I don't think they can charge enough money with the price they pay for it. So I guess the price is justified.

31 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Not for nothing but this "package " is so "messed " up. I read the Direct TV was losing millions and millions with the price they were paying for the Sunday ticket. Analyst are saying Yahoo will also lose money . I don't think they can charge enough money with the price they pay for it. So I guess the price is justified.

Guessing that yahoo believes they can reach more households easier through their platform versus Direct TV where you need the dish.  

• Like 1

I bought the direct tv package in 1996, because it was ridiculous how few Colt games I got to watch every season. A good year I would get to see maybe 5 while being fed a steady diet of teams no one wants to watch. This year I had to go to you tube because otherwise the only games I would be guaranteed of seeing is the Browns and *s. The nfl tv scheduling is a complete joke and has been for years. Because of where I live both the Browns and Steelers are considered "home" teams so they will be on every week. And it is amazing how many weeks one will play at 1 o'clock and the other will be on at 4, thus I have no opportunity to get the Colt game broadcast in my area. So I have to get the pay per view package.

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I brought it last night, splitting cost with fiancée step dad. 

And it's $350 today, if you don't have YouTube TV. If you have YouTube TV it's 250 plus 70 a month. 

After today it's 350 and 450

thank you for the info

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Yahoo?

19 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Not sure what you mean by "the package"

I have the base plan which is $72  and purchased the ticket for $249. The ticket goes up to $350 tomorrow.

You can get it without getting the $72 a month package.

Just get Sunday Ticket, stand alone package. But it was $350, down from $450, tomorrow.

At least that is what I think I saw listed above?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think Sunday ticket going to YouTube is great to now give fans the option without having to get a dish. It’s expensive but in the scheme of things it’s not all that pricey.

Yeah the $249 works out to $13.83 a week for the season.

8-10 games a week, non local.

$1.38-$1.73 a game. If you can watch them all, which is technically possible as there is unlimited streams of on same wi-fi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Not sure what you mean by "the package"

I have the base plan which is $72  and purchased the ticket for $249. The ticket goes up to $350 tomorrow.

If you buy Sunday NFL ticket , stand alone it's $349 . I rounded to $350. If you buy it after today , it would be $450. So you save another $100 by subscribing to Amazon .

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Unitas2Berry said:

Yes, this Colt fan (since 1964) in NC did the YouTube base and $250 plan. It does hurt but so did DirectTV. But geez, looking for a positive season sometime before I’m gone!

You an old guy like me ?

• Like 1

I have YouTube tv and I ended up getting the Sunday ticket also.I pay $72 a month and the Sunday ticket was $249 before taxes,after taxes it was something like $263 and some change.I live in NE Pennsylvania and I’m stuck watching the Eagles and Giants each week,so I’m glad I get to see my Colts each week.

• Like 4

I signed up for YouTube tv, bought Sunday ticket, and canceled Directv. Youtube tv will also save me $40 a month, so it’s worth it. Only reason I switched over to direct tv years ago was because of Sunday ticket, so no reason to keep it now.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, dw49 said:

If you buy Sunday NFL ticket , stand alone it's $349 . I rounded to $350. If you buy it after today , it would be $450. So you save another $100 by subscribing to Amazon .

Ah ok thanks. I dumped direct TV ( satellite) and now have YouTube tv.