Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts fans who don't live in Indy. Re: NFL Sunday Ticket

9 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think Sunday ticket going to YouTube is great to now give fans the option without having to get a dish. It’s expensive but in the scheme of things it’s not all that pricey.

The only drawback is that I had to get on my roof and take that clunky dish off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The only drawback is that I had to get on my roof and take that clunky dish off.

I'm leaving that for the next owners, or the roofers (hopefully not soon!). Heck, I still haven't taken down my Dish Network dish. 

• Like 1

I’m going to say three absolutely legal things:

1.  Smart TV or Firestick

2.  Paramount and Fox TV apps

3.  VPN

Mods, if there’s anything wrong with this post, let me know.  But, as I said there’s nothing illegal.

For anyone who may have missed the deadline, NFL Sunday ticket (Only) is now $50 off or $399 until September 19th.

FYI, for anyone that has already purchased - it is non refundable.

On a positive, you can watch unlimited simultaneous streams plus 2 more streams if you are outside your home and traveling.

• Like 1

Heads up!  for anyone that missed the cutoff for the $100.00 NFL Sunday Ticket Savings cutoff yesterday. If you missed the deadline and are still considering getting the package - I was able to still get the $100.00 discounted price today.  Not sure how much longer  the discounted price will be available.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Correct.  I bought the $350 package as well.  My wife actually pushed me to do it.  I have always gone to a sports bar in the past with fellow Colts fans but attendance has dropped considerably the last few years for various personal reasons.  So she convinced me buy it and stay home.  Going to be different for sure.

My wife and I had the exact same scenario. We watched the Colts in sports bars for years, and when kids and pets came along we opted to get the package and watch at home.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Correct.  I bought the $350 package as well.  My wife actually pushed me to do it.  I have always gone to a sports bar in the past with fellow Colts fans but attendance has dropped considerably the last few years for various personal reasons.  So she convinced me buy it and stay home.  Going to be different for sure.

Haha same here brother. Previous to Sunday Ticket, I would go to a local bar with three of my fellow Colts fans. It was very hostile with primarily unhinged Raider fans and hinged Raider fans (Steelers) after a whole game or two worth of alcohol.  My wife actually encouraged me to get Sunday Ticket so that I was safer at home and she wouldnt have to worry about me driving home or being around hostile people looking for trouble. Now that I have had Sunday ticket for the past 4 seasons, she hates it HAHA. Double-edged sword scenario

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I’m going to say three absolutely legal things:

1.  Smart TV or Firestick

2.  Paramount and Fox TV apps

3.  VPN

Mods, if there’s anything wrong with this post, let me know.  But, as I said there’s nothing illegal.

Lol I'm not saying anything illegal either.. but the internet is a beautiful thing. Haven't had dish in 7 years.. haven't missed one colts game in CT nough said :lol:

5 hours ago, Lifetime Colt said:

Paid $349 a few days ago. I live in CT, so would not see any Colts broadcasts except Germany game (?), and really want to see more than just Red Zone highlights. 

Where in CT?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

When I'm really happy, I GIGGLE and say GOOGLE 

The word yahoo is from gulliver’s travels.  It was what the horses called humans because humans weren’t as smart.  This is way before the search engine.  

• Thanks 1

Two of us at a sports bar for 3+ hours, have a couple drinks, food, tax and tip and we’re looking at a minimum of $70. Do that for 4 games and it’s the cost of Sunday ticket ($249). 
At home I’m not surrounded by obnoxious fans of other teams (cough..steelers, cough, cough..patriots). Plus at home the game is on a big screen, while at the bar it is always on the smallest screen and in the corner. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol I'm not saying anything illegal either.. but the internet is a beautiful thing. Haven't had dish in 7 years.. haven't missed one colts game in CT nough said :lol:

Where in CT?

I know.  It’s kind of sad reading all these posts.  it’s like they’re all my 90 year old uncle who still wants to use their VHS to watch tapes.  

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 6:04 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

I actually used the DirectTV mounting pole mount and existing cabling and put a directional digital signal antenna on my house. (Its EASY)

It still works when we lose power. (using my solar generator for my TV)

I get local news that way

I’m in Canada and for years now I have subscribed to DAZN online streaming, whom is an authorized provider of “NFL Sunday Ticket” c/w redzone in Canada.  Price is $199.99 $CAD, which is a bargain compared to what the cable companies charge.  Being streaming, it can at times be glitchy, but we’ll worth it given the price.

On 6/6/2023 at 9:47 PM, Unitas2Berry said:

Yes, this Colt fan (since 1964) in NC did the YouTube base and $250 plan. It does hurt but so did DirectTV. But geez, looking for a positive season sometime before I’m gone!

If you have YouTube ( not YouTube tv) you can search and watch footage of the 1970 Unitas led Colts . I've watched the Colts vs Jets, Dolphins and first ever AFC Championship game vs the Raiders. The AFCCG was in old Memorial Stadium and played on a basically all dirt field.

On 6/6/2023 at 9:47 PM, Unitas2Berry said:

Yes, this Colt fan (since 1964) in NC did the YouTube base and $250 plan. It does hurt but so did DirectTV. But geez, looking for a positive season sometime before I’m gone!

If you have YouTube ( not YouTube tv) you can search and watch footage of the 1970 Unitas led Colts . I've watched the Colts vs Jets, Dolphins and first ever AFC Championship game vs the Raiders. The AFCCG was in old Memorial Stadium and played on a basically all dirt field.

I subscribe to a service called anywhereTV.org. With this app you can essentially stream any local channel in the country.  They group the channels together so you can watch any game from any team. I have been using the app for over 4 years. It also has essentially every cable channel in the country. There are over 10,000 movies and more than 2,000 TV series available on demand. Additionally, it streams some movies and series from other streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max. There are more sports channels then you could every possibly watch in a lifetime. It runs about $25-$30/month depending on how many TV's you use.

• Thanks 2

$350 is pricey for the out of towners but it does give a fan to watch his team and give enjoyment (or grief,lol) and that's what life is all  about....enjoyment and watch your team if you choose to. 

But as packages go, the NFL ticket doesn't compare to a MLB's enjoyment for less money..

In the NFL your viewing window is a early game & and a late game on Sundays. In MLB, it's all day, everyday thruout  the season.

Anyway, for those that choose to subscribe, ENJOY.

21 hours ago, philba101 said:

I subscribe to a service called anywhereTV.org. With this app you can essentially stream any local channel in the country.  They group the channels together so you can watch any game from any team. I have been using the app for over 4 years. It also has essentially every cable channel in the country. There are over 10,000 movies and more than 2,000 TV series available on demand. Additionally, it streams some movies and series from other streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max. There are more sports channels then you could every possibly watch in a lifetime. It runs about $25-$30/month depending on how many TV's you use.

Sterling TV used to have a similar service package.  But I don't think they do it anymore.  Now they include it on a MonsterBox, which is available on Amazon.  It's not cheap, but there's no monthly fee.

I am from North Carolina. Back when NFL ticket first came out my wife was totally against having Directv so I found a nice cozy little sports bar that had some of the best chicken wings and mixed drinks you could find. It didn't take long for my wife to come to the conclusion that it would be way cheaper to have directv and Sunday ticket. So we had been with directv since. Just cut the cord now we have youtube tv and the ticket!

8 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I purchased it in conjunction with YouTube.tv. Not overly impressed with YouTube yet but I look forward to watching this young team play from the comfort of my home in the Iowa woods!!!! Lol

Same here, still trying to figure out youtube TV myself.

Had immediate buyer remorse, thinking I should've just got Sunday Ticket stand alone package.

It will be alright I'm sure, once I figure it all out.

3 hours ago, w87r said:

Same here, still trying to figure out youtube TV myself.

Had immediate buyer remorse, thinking I should've just got Sunday Ticket stand alone package.

It will be alright I'm sure, once I figure it all out.

As a newbie to YouTube tv (from direct tv), the big negative for me is the DVR. Not being able to delete watched shows, and having all shows record instead of ”first run” only, is quite annoying. 

2 minutes ago, coltsva said:

As a newbie to YouTube tv (from direct tv), the big negative for me is the DVR. Not being able to delete watched shows, and having all shows record instead of ”first run” only, is quite annoying. 

Idk? I actually like that, tbh.

The DVR is unlimited, to my understanding, so space isn't an issue.

I will just say, for instance last night, I was watching a show that I have seen a lot of episodes but had a run on ones I hadn't seen yet. I didn't want to stop watching so I just carried on. Then around midnight I went and figured out the DVR, so I could go to bed and catch up later.

Worked good for me.

It is tough getting used to the setup though, I've been on Hulu($70) for a while now. I liked or was at least used to the site. Just gonna take some getting used to.

Something else I need to figure out is how to get it on all my other devices(wife +kids)? I never made a password, can they just sign in, as long it's on the same wi-fi?

27 minutes ago, w87r said:

I will just say, for instance last night, I was watching a show that I have seen a lot of episodes but had a run on ones I hadn't seen yet. I didn't want to stop watching so I just carried on. Then around midnight I went and figured out the DVR, so I could go to bed and catch up later.

Worked good for me.

It is tough getting used to the setup though, I've been on Hulu($70) for a while now. I liked or was at least used to the site. Just gonna take some getting used to.

Something else I need to figure out is how to get it on all my other devices(wife +kids)? I never made a password, can they just sign in, as long it's on the same wi-fi?

I just don’t need a bunch of NCIS reruns recording on ION when all I want is the current season. I’m sure once I get used to navigating recordings it won’t be a big deal. Only had it for a week, so like anything else it will take some getting used to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coltsva said:

I just don’t need a bunch of NCIS reruns recording on ION when all I want is the current season. I’m sure once I get used to navigating recordings it won’t be a big deal. Only had it for a week, so like anything else it will take some getting used to. 

What NCIS you watching?

That's what I have been tuning into. 

Watched a bunch of New Orleans, not to much, but what I noticed this morning was it just populates the episodes per season, which makes it easier to go through and find episodes? Had a bunch more populate overnight that wasn't in there initially after I hit the record.

3 hours ago, w87r said:

Worked good for me.

I could be wrong ,but with the base pkg, I can get YouTube TV on up to 3 devices. For the Sunday ticket base plan , you can get the games on 2 devices.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I could be wrong ,but with the base pkg, I can get YouTube TV on up to 3 devices. For the Sunday ticket base plan , you can get the games on 2 devices.

Sunday Ticket said you can have unlimited streams(meaning all games at once)as long on the same wi-fi. Then up to (2) devices outside of the home?

I haven't really tried to connect to YouTube TV on multiple, but (3) seems insane. Figured it was the same as Sunday Ticket though. Unlimited if on same Wi-fi?

Have to look more into it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/25/youtube-tv-will-allow-unlimited-simultaneous-streams-for-in-home-sunday-ticket/

Does look like you need to add 4k package for unlimited YouTube TV (regular)

Unlimited streams on Sunday Ticket though.

3 hours ago, w87r said:

What NCIS you watching?

That's what I have been tuning into. 

Watched a bunch of New Orleans, not to much, but what I noticed this morning was it just populates the episodes per season, which makes it easier to go through and find episodes? Had a bunch more populate overnight that wasn't in there initially after I hit the record.

The original NCIS.

Watched New Orleans for a few seasons, then it got stupid, which happens often after the star starts producing.
Hawaii is okay (for now), don’t like LA. 

We give all the crime drama shows a look. Some stick, most don’t.

Favorite right now is FBI International. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coltsva said:

The original NCIS.

Watched New Orleans for a few seasons, then it got stupid, which happens often after the star starts producing.
Hawaii is okay (for now), don’t like LA. 

We give all the crime drama shows a look. Some stick, most don’t.

Favorite right now is FBI International. 

Yeah outside of history channel (which I don't have anymore on YouTube TV, :sad face: ), crime drama is about it. Well and Football, occasionally NBA, but have drifted away over the years. Usually still tune in for playoffs.

Started years ago with Criminal minds. Went through all of that till there was a small pause. Haven't tuned back in since like season 11 or something.span widget

33 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

4k is only $4.99 a month for next 12 months right now, then goes up to $9.99 after that. Went ahead and popped that extra $5 on there.