Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts fans who don't live in Indy. Re: NFL Sunday Ticket

On 6/9/2023 at 8:22 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

If you have YouTube ( not YouTube tv) you can search and watch footage of the 1970 Unitas led Colts . I've watched the Colts vs Jets, Dolphins and first ever AFC Championship game vs the Raiders. The AFCCG was in old Memorial Stadium and played on a basically all dirt field.

If you have YouTube ( not YouTube tv) you can search and watch footage of the 1970 Unitas led Colts . I've watched the Colts vs Jets, Dolphins and first ever AFC Championship game vs the Raiders. The AFCCG was in old Memorial Stadium and played on a basically all dirt field.

Yes, have watched lot on old Colts.

On 6/6/2023 at 6:20 PM, teganslaw said:

I'm OK with NFL+ premium, which was $79 for a year subscription at the time. Colts games are on local TV and I can watch every game minutes after they've ended. Even if I already know the score, I like to see how the game developed. I never considered NFL Sunday Ticket. 

I do the same but I listen to the game live, then watch the replay (it takes a little while to get the condensed game but the full replay - sans commercials, is available right after game ends).

17 hours ago, w87r said:

4k is only $4.99 a month for next 12 months right now, then goes up to $9.99 after that. Went ahead and popped that extra $5 on there.

Not sure if it matters but I don't think the Sunday Ticket streams are in 4K. I bought the standalone Sunday Ticket package for the season to see how it goes but I was reading, and it doesn't sound like they will offer the games in 4K, which is unfortunate. Curious to see how it will look. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Unitas2Berry said:

Define old. Well, let’s just say my hair/beard changed color many yrs ago. Yes, I guess I am an old guy. At least the mirror tells me that.

Old would be seeing Unitas to Berry when it actually happened. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cjrulli said:

Not sure if it matters but I don't think the Sunday Ticket streams are in 4K. I bought the standalone Sunday Ticket package for the season to see how it goes but I was reading, and it doesn't sound like they will offer the games in 4K, which is unfortunate. Curious to see how it will look. 

Idk about Sunday Ticket, I do know you can have unlimited streams for it under the same wi-fi.

YouTube TV though you can only have 3 streams unless you get the 4k. Then it is unlimited as well. Seemed like a good $5 to spend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have had it since the beginning and I don't care what it costs and I'll pay whatever the price is for the upcoming season regardless of who carries it. I care about one team and only one team in the NFL and that is the team I will watch.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some people think I am old when I bring up games I went to when Dickerson was here in 1987, I have nothing on the Unitas to Berry folks chuckling homer simpson GIF

Doesn't seem like 60 years ago when I watched those games. I didn't get to see the Colts all that much as I grew up in central NY. As to you watching Dickerson , you're just a kid. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I have had it since the beginning and I don't care what it costs and I'll pay whatever the price is for the upcoming season regardless of who carries it. I care about one team and only one team in the NFL and that is the team I will watch.

Luckily I live in Indianapolis, 10 minutes from LOS. I get every game free. I have lived here all my life being the Indianapolis area so since 1984 I have rarely missed a game. Been to around 50 or so games, mostly in the Peyton era. LOS is a nicer stadium, but I liked the RCA dome better, that place was a mad house and people partied liked crazy back in those days in and outside of the dome. In 2006 we had a true HFA when we won it all.

• Thanks 1

Looking at tvyoutube.com just now it seems you sign on for their service at $64.99 for the first three months then it rises to $72.99 per month. This is for their basic plan and you must have it to get NFL TICKET. Now you add NFL TICKET for $349. Add these charges up and you pay $1,071 for the year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Looking at tvyoutube.com just now it seems you sign on for their service at $64.99 for the first three months then it rises to $72.99 per month. This is for their basic plan and you must have it to get NFL TICKET. Now you add NFL TICKET for $349. Add these charges up and you pay $1,071 for the year.

I ditched Hulu, which was $70+, so I will be saving a little for first 3 months.

They just had a promo of $100 off Sunday Ticket.

Think I broke Sunday Ticket during the promo down to around $13 a week(18 weeks). For unlimited streams, mighty good deal.

Saying that, you can get Sunday Ticket stand alone package. It $449 now, was $349 during promo that ended last week.

$25 a week(18 weeks)without promo on the stand alone package.

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

It's all about the money now days. I have U-Verse with hi speed internet and have all the sports channels and movie channels = all the Showtimes, HBO's, and Cinemax's. I pay $120 a month/4 different TV's but have everything. If I did away with the movie channels that would chop it down to $80 a month. I probably will soon because I don't watch much TV but it is cool to get home from work in the morning and to be able to find a good movie on just by flipping through the channels. 80X12 would put me at $960 a year. I don't need NFL ticket because of where I live so I stick with U-Verse. 

I remember back when I was a kid, probably 10 or so when cable first came out. There was only 1 HBO, 1 Showtime, 1 Cinemax, and 1 ESPN channel. MTV was huge back then too. That was in 1980/81 Happy The Simpsons GIF- I thought that and the Commadore 64 was the best inventions ever made. Off topic but there were 2 games for the 64 that I played 24/7 = Stats Football and Star Rank Boxing. Stats football, you were the coach and called plays on whatever team you chose. I had discs of NFL teams from 1985-1989 back then.

According to an article on msn.com, the estimated cost for NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube TV is around $300 per season. This is a standalone service that can be added to an existing $65 monthly plan or purchased separately. The deal between YouTube TV and the NFL is worth roughly $2 billion per year. The service will be available starting September 10, 2023.

Add this to what posts are on here I don't know what to believe,

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 5:43 AM, stitches said:

What does this Sunday ticket include? Do you get all 22 film?

All out-of-market games every week of the regular season Example, if you live in Houston you watch the Texans on the local channel while you can watch all of the other games on YouTube TV channels without subscribing for their regular package if you chose not to.

On 6/12/2023 at 4:42 PM, King Colt said:

Well, Direct TV was around $100 per month ( it varied with them ...always had to call them to dispute  constant increases and discrepancies) plus $350 for the ticket. Total $1550 per year. I will say once in awhile you could call and threaten to cancel and they would give you the ticket for nothing to keep you as a customer.

17 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Well, Direct TV was around $100 per month ( it varied with them ...always had to call them to dispute  constant increases and discrepancies) plus $350 for the ticket. Total $1550 per year. I will say once in awhile you could call and threaten to cancel and they would give you the ticket for nothing to keep you as a customer.

My post was wrong because yesterday I saw a source saying you can order NFL Ticket only without adding the You Tube for $70/mo. It costs one hundred more but you don't pay the $70/mo. Also you can get $50 off through most of September by signing up before they close the offer.

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

My post was wrong because yesterday I saw a source saying you can order NFL Ticket only without adding the You Tube for $70/mo. It costs one hundred more but you don't pay the $70/mo. Also you can get $50 off through most of September by signing up before they close the offer.

Yep. I  canceled Direct TV and ordered the ticket for $350 a few weeks ago. Maybe now if it's raining, I can watch the games. Picture would freeze during rain storms when I had Direct.

4 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Yep. I  canceled Direct TV and ordered the ticket for $350 a few weeks ago. Maybe now if it's raining, I can watch the games. Picture would freeze during rain storms when I had Direct.

Agreed. smart tv is much better, no outages

I miss the days of the big Satellite dishes in the 1990's would get all the game on wild feed just has to start looking about 30 minutes before kickoff. Often times when they would go to commercial you heard announcers talk freely not realizing a few fortunate viewers heard every word 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 2:43 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

$350 is pricey for the out of towners but it does give a fan to watch his team and give enjoyment (or grief,lol) and that's what life is all  about....enjoyment and watch your team if you choose to. 

But as packages go, the NFL ticket doesn't compare to a MLB's enjoyment for less money..

In the NFL your viewing window is a early game & and a late game on Sundays. In MLB, it's all day, everyday thruout  the season.

Anyway, for those that choose to subscribe, ENJOY.

Less than the price for one game live, generally speaking!

Further to my authorized streamer in Canada, DZN, it works with a VPN when I am out of country (ie. my place in Mexico).

On 6/12/2023 at 4:05 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I remember back when I was a kid, probably 10 or so when cable first came out. There was only 1 HBO, 1 Showtime, 1 Cinemax, and 1 ESPN channel. MTV was huge back then too. That was in 1980/81 Happy The Simpsons GIF- I thought that and the Commadore 64 was the best inventions ever made. Off topic but there were 2 games for the 64 that I played 24/7 = Stats Football and Star Rank Boxing. Stats football, you were the coach and called plays on whatever team you chose. I had discs of NFL teams from 1985-1989 back then.

1980/1981, grade 12, the year I graduated high school. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

80's was such a great decade for sports, music, shows, movies, and technology/cable TV. No internet or cell phone yet - during the late 80's we had an idea that was even coming but other than that the 80's ruled. 

I'm going to have to disagree about music.  The 80s had dreadful music, maybe the worst decade in the last 70 years!

I know it's subjective, but I'll take the 70s, 60s, 90s, 50s, and the 21 century over the 80s, LOL!  

10 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I'm going to have to disagree about music.  The 80s had dreadful music, maybe the worst decade in the last 70 years!

I know it's subjective, but I'll take the 70s, 60s, 90s, 50s, and the 21 century over the 80s, LOL!  

The rise of New Wave Alt music and punk music.  80s were superb!  90s grunge and pop punk, were also terrific!

So says this old punk, only 2 months away from turning … 60!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

The rise of New Wave Alt music and punk music.  80s were superb!  90s grunge and pop punk, were also terrific!

So says this old punk, only 2 months away from turning … 60!

We’ll have to agree to disagree.  But as an old rocker, I’ll tip one for you in a couple months young man!

55 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree.  But as an old rocker, I’ll tip one for you in a couple months young man!

Ah, so you’re partial to the 70s.  My first real band affair was with Pink Floyd, who remains amongst my favs, despite Roger Waters apparent decline into lunacy. lol

Cheers!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Ah, so you’re partial to the 70s.  My first real band affair was with Pink Floyd, who remains amongst my favs, despite Roger Waters apparent decline into lunacy. lol

Cheers!

Saw Floyd at Kent State, I think it was in 74. Waters must have indulged too much. Been a Bruce fan since the 70s.  But I like almost all music.  

Colts related - the genius Prince gave the greatest SB halftime show ever.  

• Like 1

I've gotten Sunday ticket for years. Usually have one tv with the Colts on it and one that I have on redzone most the time, but also follow fantasy players or games I'm more interested in. Works well