Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

Just now, IanColts22 said:

AR going Top 5 with his credentials is pretty crazy.  I know he is a freak of nature but going Top 5 means you should be a day 1 starter not to sit and learn behind another QB.  So I pray he starts.  

I hope he’s the answer for the next 15 years so if he has to sit a little bit to achieve that I am willing to take that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IanColts22 said:

AR going Top 5 with his credentials is pretty crazy.  I know he is a freak of nature but going Top 5 means you should be a day 1 starter not to sit and learn behind another QB.  So I pray he starts.  

We have to have faith in the coaching staff, GM, and owner to not rush him in just to appease the fans.  

Im guessing they ease him in. A few packages to start out, see how he handles them, then increase his playbook.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nancy said:

Exactly...so what if Richardson ran for 15 yds during the season?!  What the hell is that?  I am not happy with this pick!! We need a QB not a running back!

We got both - would you have been opposed to Lamar Jackson, Allen, Tua, Hurts, Mahomes too? QBs who can run are real dual threats that apply constant pressure on the opposing defense. 

Richardson was who I thought Ballard would pick. He likes to pick the "freaks" of that position and that is what AR is (in a good way). Ballard and Irsay will be redesigning our team to be a modern, exciting and unpredictable. Our team will be focused on CREATIVITY and UNPREDICTABILITY but designed to maximize what our players do best. With AR the QB role is wide open. Our OL is smiling ear to ear. Defenses will seriously have to address AR elusiveness, just like we did when we played Lamar Jackson. It is going to open lanes for JT. I only wish TY was still young and playing for us. We can do the QB sneak for 1 yard on fourth down!!! (AR is 245lbs 6-4) He is bigger than Jalen Hurts. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IanColts22 said:

Hard disagree. If a top five QB doesn't start right away in Year 1, but becomes a franchise guy for the next decade, it's well worth the trade off. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, IanColts22 said:

AR is the exception to all the rules you think you know.   He is so unique,  such a unicorn, that you have to re-think your approach to quarterbacks.   Steichen fell in love with him the first time he popped in the video tape.   

The Colts probably won’t have a good read on AR until 24 at the earliest and maybe even 2025.   The hope is he’ll be worth the wait.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, John Hammonds said:

Although I wanted Levis, I'm gonna be rooting hard for Richardson.

Imagine a defensive end, having the RPO run at him, having to choose between Richardson and Taylor.  I'd just sit down on field and read a book.

If they get Richardson up to speed this year, JT is going to have a great season. 

Look at how productive the Eagles were in the run game last year. Richardson is more dynamic than Hurts, and JT is more dynamic than anyone the Eagles have at RB. 

• Like 7

Just now, Superman said:

Levis getting hit with the Mario Kart banana peel, gonna slip right out of the first round...

I'm shocked neither Detroit nor Tampa took him. 

Really did not see this coming. Who would take him in 2nd round? Colts? Haha.

Just now, JColts72 said:

Main take is AR gives fans optimistic feeling and stability at a position that has been needed since Luck retired.

Stability remains to be proven.  He’s going to have to perform on the field (as would have any QB they could have taken there) to provide that.  

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

If they get Richardson up to speed this year, JT is going to have a great season. 

Look at how productive the Eagles were in the run game last year. Richardson is more dynamic than Hurts, and JT is more dynamic than anyone the Eagles have at RB. 

We need a good lineman and speed WR to complement the AR pick. We definately have the potential to have the best run dynamic in the NFL. With that being said we will face a lot of stacked boxes. We need a WR that can blow the top off a D when they press up. A good blocking TE wouldn't hurt either...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Levis getting hit with the Mario Kart banana peel, gonna slip right out of the first round...

Very surprised Tampa didn’t take him. I figured one of the QB’s would fall, but not this far.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

We have to have faith in the coaching staff, GM, and owner to not rush him in just to appease the fans.  

Im guessing they ease him in. A few packages to start out, see how he handles them, then increase his playbook.  

Wildcat?

18 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

what scares me is we see ballard all the time reach for guys who are really talented but raw .   ballard puts a lot of stock in size and measurements .   it backfired before with all the edge rushers that busted out under ballard .

There is no doubt Ballard loved him but I truly beleive that if Steichen said no, he wouldn't have drafted him.

Just now, CR91 said:

The so called QB is falling hard

Happened to Rodgers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

There is no doubt Ballard loved him but I truly beleive that if Steichen said no, he wouldn't have drafted him.

Happened to Rodgers

They need to create a Will Levis religion with how much belief you and other posters have in this guy. My god 

I can't believe we had a top 4 pick and used it on Anthony Richardson.  

Hopefully it works, but I have a feeling a new GM will be picking top 5 again two years from now.  If it fails, Irsay will almost certainly go back to the Manning era for the next GM and coach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

One would have thought he ate all the banana peels...

But agreed... kind of sucks for him. That's the thing he said he feared if he was in the green room and now it's happening to him. Hope he still has good career in front of him.

• Like 1

Just now, CR91 said:

They need to create a Will Levis religion with how much belief you and other posters have in this guy. My god 

Same could be said with how much hate some here have for him as well.  Some, and I am not saying you are one, are having delight watching him fall.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, #12. said:

I can't believe we had a top 4 pick and used it on Anthony Richardson.  

Hopefully it works, but I have a feeling a new GM will be picking top 5 again two years from now.  If it fails, Irsay will almost certainly go back to the Manning era for the next GM and coach.

Had to use it on a QB. And from how it’s looking right now, the rest of the QB needy teams seem to agree that AR was best choice left 

Just now, stitches said:

One would have thought he ate all the banana peels...

But agreed... kind of sucks for him. That's the thing he said he feared if he was in the green room and now it's happening to him. Hope he still has good career in front of him.

It's probably a good thing for him. A slice of humble pie might be needed.

• Like 4