Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts and Bears talking?

CR91

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Not sure how creditable this is, but he does have a blue check mark.

I don't know who the Chicago guy is, but his Twitter feed reads as a fan that just reposts a lot of articles or information others write. The follow-up tweet after this one is him linking James Boyd's article in the Atlantic. I'd also hardly call James Boyd an Indy "insider".

I don't see any momentum, just some guy seeing an article he likes, regurgitating that info and trying to get clicks/retweets.

6 minutes ago, Nate! said:

He bought his blue checkmark.  Can click/check the blue checkmark and it will tell you if subscribed to Twitter blue.  This person did pay for his checkmark, making this junk 

Why would someone buy a checkmark? That's just stupid.

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

With the change in twitter anyone can get a check mark now. That was just a prediction not an actual rumor.

Twitter used to be where I got verified news. But now I don’t trust it for anything except as a breeding ground for rumors and disinformation. It’s no better than Reddit. 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Why would someone buy a checkmark? That's just stupid.

So people think he’s a legit news source.  It worked.  It got you to post it because you thought it might be legit because of the blue check mark.  That’s why allowing people to buy blue check marks is dumb but that’s a debate for another forum.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Blue check mark or not, but Ben Devine would appear to be a Bears fan with a Twitter account. 

And all he is doing is reporting that James Boyd is PREDICTING the two teams are making a trade.   Boyd is guessing, about the conversation AND the compensation. 

In other words, there is NO ACTUAL NEWS here.  All there is is speculation.   Period.  

Honestly. 

17 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Twitter used to be where I got verified news. But now I don’t trust it for anything except as a breeding ground for rumors and disinformation. It’s no better than Reddit. 

A good practice for most social media is to assume it is all rumor and disinformation until it can be verified with actual info.  

34 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

More and more I make sure I read the profile if there is a blue check mark because fans are just paying for them. There are two people I trust with inside info that are fans. They don’t even have a checkmark I don’t think. But always have to read profiles now to make sure it isn’t just a fan.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

More and more I make sure I read the profile if there is a blue check mark because fans are just paying for them. There are two people I trust with inside info that are fans. They don’t even have a checkmark I don’t think. But always have to read profiles now to make sure it isn’t just a fan.

Take that back the two fans I trust do have checkmarks. But they never just throw out info. They have been very out there saying you can’t just throw everything out there. There is a time and place.

44 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Come on now….    No better than Reddit?

FALSE!!

Are media breaking stories on Reddit?   No.    Fans hang out there. 

Are media breaking stories on Twitter?   Yes, all the time.   Every day.   The issue with Twitter is that the average fan does not know how to tell the difference between real media and a fan with a Twitter page.   So, they get invested in rumor and other tidbits that are not verified.   

There’s a big difference between Twitter and Reddit.   You should know that. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Come on now….    No better than Reddit?

FALSE!!

Are media breaking stories on Reddit?   No.    Fans hang out there. 

Are media breaking stories on Twitter?   Yes, all the time.   Every day.   The issue with Twitter is that the average fan does not know how to tell the difference between real media and a fan with a Twitter page.   So, they get invested in rumor and other tidbits that are not verified.   

There’s a big difference between Twitter and Reddit.   You should know that. 

What I’m talking about goes far beyond just sports reporting. 

But again, my opinion, I feel Twitter isn’t what it used to be. I can’t spend all day checking and verifying every single Joe on that site, especially when it’s fans from other teams. The blue check mark might as well mean nothing anymore. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Blue check mark or not, but Ben Devine would appear to be a Bears fan with a Twitter account. 

And all he is doing is reporting that James Boyd is PREDICTING the two teams are making a trade.   Boyd is guessing, about the conversation AND the compensation. 

In other words, there is NO ACTUAL NEWS here.  All there is is speculation.   Period.  

Honestly. 

Ok I got it. Sheesh

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Let's put it this way. Whatever the Colts offer, the Texans can and would Trump it. They have   number 2 and 10 I believe. The GM for the Bears would take  that every day  over a 4th and next  years first from Indy.   If the Texans don't want to Trump the Colts are the Colts once again competing with no one  ala  Carson and Buckner? Plus if the Texans are willing to let Indy get in front of u what does that  say? There is no way the Texans are letting them get in front of them and possibly picking that guy that they have to  look at over the next 15 years as the guy they should have had. To me if thr Texans let Indy  slide  up , I would be very concerned.

11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Let's put it this way. Whatever the Colts offer, the Texans can and would Trump it. They have   number 2 and 10 I believe. The GM for the Bears would take  that every day  over a 4th and next  years first from Indy.   If the Texans don't want to Trump the Colts are the Colts once again competing with no one  ala  Carson and Buckner? Plus if the Texans are willing to let Indy get in front of u what does that  say? There is no way the Texans are letting them get in front of them and possibly picking that guy that they have to  look at over the next 15 years as the guy they should have had. To me if thr Texans let Indy  slide  up , I would be very concerned.

Just depends if Texans have info colts want same QB.

2 hours ago, sb41champs said:

I haven't seen or heard anything about this on any of the sites I visit.

I just don't see this happening.  

I can't see Ballard giving up that much draft capital.

and young may not even go in the first because of his size, size matters in the nfl not so much in college

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

What I’m talking about goes far beyond just sports reporting. 

But again, my opinion, I feel Twitter isn’t what it used to be. I can’t spend all day checking and verifying every single Joe on that site, especially when it’s fans from other teams. The blue check mark might as well mean nothing anymore. 

It’s not hard to figure out who is legit?   

I click on the name to see who the guy works for.   If he’s legit, he’s going have that next to his name.  He’ll show his credentials.   

Otherwise, it might just say….  Joe Smith.  Colts fan.   Follow the NFL and Draft.   Opinions are mine.   Also proud husband and dad etc.  

That’s what I look for.   It takes less than 60 seconds.    Typically much less than 60 seconds.   And the value to doing that is knowing if the person is just a fan with a Twitter handle or a serious media type who you might want to pay attention to. 

It’s not hard.   

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s not hard to figure out who is legit?   

I click on the name to see who the guy works for.   If he’s legit, he’s going have that next to his name.  He’ll show his credentials.   

Otherwise, it might just say….  Joe Smith.  Colts fan.   Follow the NFL and Draft.   Opinions are mine.   Also proud husband and dad etc.  

That’s what I look for.   It takes less than 60 seconds.    Typically much less than 60 seconds.   And the value to doing that is knowing if the person is just a fan with a Twitter handle or a serious media type who you might want to pay attention to. 

It’s not hard.   

relax dude it isn't that serious 

Archived