Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

On 2/8/2023 at 11:01 AM, chad72 said:

That is why the GM was let go. That is why Kliff Kingsbury is chilling in some Aloha like destination knowing that not many coaches can make it work with Murray.

kliff was very much the problem also.  I didn’t think he was going to last past this year even with a healthy Murray.  Kliff had Mahomes in college and couldn’t even make noise with him

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/8/2023 at 9:44 AM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Things with Murray and AZ are not good.  Really can’t ignore the possibility they could draft one at 3.  I think the more likely route is they do what eagles did and take one as insurance in second or third but can’t rule out one at 3. 

So here is why I don't  trust Balard if the rumours are true.  Colts were apparently on record as a team interested in trading for  Murray.  He llike Fields and Love. I am on record as not wanting any of these guys pre draft. Look it up. So  yes I would make a  better Gm than  transparent Ballard.

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So here is why I don't  trust Balard if the rumours are true.  Colts were apparently on record as a team interested in trading for  Murray.  He llike Fields and Love. I am on record as not wanting any of these guys pre draft. Look it up. So  yes I would make a  better Gm than  transparent Ballard.

So you think you are qualified for one of the 32 jobs in the world? 

Pretty deep pile of horse dung in my opinion.  

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He was responding to Colts fans who asked him questions about the Bears. 

The same Bears that the Colts might trade with.   A trade up for the first overall pick or a trade up for Fields.  

That’s who cares. 

So they're both wrong. This drivel should be in the NFL general forum to discuss if Fields has 2500 passing yards next season. Again, who cares?

6 minutes ago, craigerb said:

So they're both wrong. This drivel should be in the NFL general forum to discuss if Fields has 2500 passing yards next season. Again, who cares?

The people who asked the question of the visiting Bears fan.   That’s who cares. 

I don’t know why you’re so bent?

There were simple straightforward questions with answers that were offered as opinions not fact.   There was no harm to anyone.  

59 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

If Colts stay at 4 and keep 35 who would yall want at 35

Darnell Wright OT/G Tennessee.   Or the best Corner on the board...lots of opinions about who that might be.

Also, that high 2nd rounder can turn into a mid second and a mid third rounder to go along with pick 79.  Dropping from 35 to 55 may not be a big drop off in talent and then we get the extra 3rd.

For a C, I'd like to see Joe Tippman, Wisconsin.  But he's a pick 79 guy, IMO.

4 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Stroud said today on Mcafee he won’t be running the 40 at the combine. It’s yet to be determined if he will be throwing at combine. Says he has nothing to hide though.

Not running to me is a non-issue.  But not throwing?!?     I’d like to hear his reasons for that.   Potential red flag for me.  

This was much easier when you had the #1 pick and Luck was in the draft.  There is no clear order at QB.  You don't have a top 3 pick.  People assume Ballard won't draft Young(who knows if that's true).  Irsay is impossible to predict.  If Ballard were making all of these decisions alone, things might be easier to predict.  

Who knows what they want at coach and QB.  I'm not sure they know what they want.  

5 minutes ago, #12. said:

This was much easier when you had the #1 pick and Luck was in the draft.  There is no clear order at QB.  You don't have a top 3 pick.  People assume Ballard won't draft Young(who knows if that's true).  Irsay is impossible to predict.  If Ballard were making all of these decisions alone, things might be easier to predict.  

Who knows what they want at coach and QB.  I'm not sure they know what they want.  

Every team will have their preference what they like ANC’s who they want. Doesn’t mean that a team should move up or go get the one they desire.

47 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I heard today a few of the QB may only throw on their pro day.

Thanks.  Always appreciate good info like that.   Not surprised but still a little disappointed. 

One of the things scouts like to look for at the combine is competitiveness.   If players are being measured against the other, how does that player step up to meet or beat what his competition has done.   Scouts want competitiveness in all positions, but especially at quarterback where leadership is everything. 

I don’t think not throwing at the combine is a good look.   The Pro Day workout is very, VERY scripted.  It’s designed to make the QB look good and minimize their flaws.   Scouts are less impressed there.   At quarterback, a scouts view is typically more is better.  

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks.  Always appreciate good info like that.   Not surprised but still a little disappointed. 

One of the things scouts like to look for at the combine is competitiveness.   If players are being measured against the other, how does that player step up to meet or beat what his competition has done.   Scouts want competitiveness in all positions, but especially at quarterback where leadership is everything. 

I don’t think not throwing at the combine is a good look.   The Pro Day workout is very, VERY scripted.  It’s designed to make the QB look good and minimize their flaws.   Scouts are less impressed there.   At quarterback, a scouts view is typically more is better.  

Andrew didn't throw at the combine either

9 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

LOL

What a dumb thing to say.   Compare's himself to a tiger.  Who is this guy, Michael Jackson?  Sometimes, an outward displays of toughness is simply a way to conceal deeply rooted wimpyness.   He's my number 1 QB in this draft still, but this stuff doesn't help.

If I care enough, I'll have to look at some tape to see what the scouts mean by saying he "crumples" under pressure.  Its not the same thing as failing under pressure.  It might imply that they think he would curl up into a fetal position if he had the time.  See if he ever delivers a blow or always cringes when contact happens.

Archived