Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

3 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Eagles won the sb and 5 years later are back in it with new staff and a lot of new roster. 
if, over the last 5 years, the colts drafted and did the same in free agency are we in the superbowl this year?

It just proves it does not take years to rebuild if it’s done right.  Eagles saw the writing on the wall with wentz and drafted hurts as insurance. Unlike Ballard who is never proactive.  it’s crazy what they have done twice in five or six years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It just proves it does not take years to rebuild if it’s done right.  Eagles saw the writing on the wall with wentz and drafted hurts as insurance. Unlike Ballard who is never proactive.  it’s crazy what they have done twice in five or six years.

It’s crazy.  New staff and new players.  Especially a new qb.  AL has been gone long enough to have fixed the qb issues we have 

• Like 2

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Levis has the prototypical size and a big arm but needs lots of work with processing and mechanics. He would probably start the back half of the year.

I have no doubt he will start from the beginning. You don’t sit a 24 year old who was already in a pro offense. Those mechanics can be worked on in the off-season programs.

• Like 1

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Levis has the prototypical size and a big arm but needs lots of work with processing and mechanics. He would probably start the back half of the year.

And that's why I would rather get Richardson. His measurables are better than Levis and would need time also. And Richardson's ceiling is much higher than Levis.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I have no doubt he will start from the beginning. You don’t sit a 24 year old who was already in a pro offense. Those mechanics can be worked on in the off-season programs.

My biggest concern with Levis is he has made many awful mistakes with his decision making. He needs to adapt to the playing field and not force throws.

If he ends up doing that Colts will have another Carson Wentz on their hand.

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

My biggest concern with Levis is he has made many awful mistakes with his decision making. He needs to adapt to the playing field and not force throws.

If he ends up doing that Colts will have another Carson Wentz on their hand.

It’s hard to know when he had no weapons. He was forced to throw from pocket because of injuries and wasn’t able to play to his strengths. You still have to score to win games. When there are no weapons sometimes things have to be forced. It’s not like he had twice as many int as TD. It was 2 to one so it wasn’t horrible.  But can improve. These quarterbacks need to just play to improve.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So will Levis. He is almost 24. Played in a pro offense.

Yep that’s why they are the top three in this draft.  They all will need development (as will any rookie QB) but there is a difference in being able to develop starting and developing before you can start.  The top three can develop as they start the rest will need to develop before they see the field.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looks like Rodgers might be reuniting with Adams in LV. If that’s the case I wonder if LV would have to give up that 7th first round draft pick.

The Raiders would have to definitely give that pick and then some. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looks like Rodgers might be reuniting with Adams in LV. If that’s the case I wonder if LV would have to give up that 7th first round draft pick.

You been watching too much Raider sites. haha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

They gonna have to mortgage their future to move up from 11 overall to get him. 

I doubt they would trade up to #1 for Stroud.  I could see them making a move with the Cardinals if he lasts until the third pick though.

The Texans can out bid everyone else for the top pick

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nobody will be that desperate. Especially when there is a good chance that 3rd QB falls in that 7-10 range. 

How can anyone say that when almost every year we get teams trading up for QBs? Just 2 years ago the 49ers gave up like 3 1sts + to move up for the 3d QB. 

QBs break the market ALL THE TIME. If a team loves a prospect, they will give up tons to secure him.