Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

How can anyone say that when almost every year we get teams trading up for QBs? Just 2 years ago the 49ers gave up like 3 1sts + to move up for the 3d QB. 

QBs break the market ALL THE TIME. If a team loves a prospect, they will give up tons to secure him. 

Did you read what the poster predicted?   I think not.   

He predicted a team will trade 8 picks and also a player to move up.    EIGHT!

You’re defending him by saying SF traded 3 firsts.    When is three the same as 8?    When was the last time ANY TEAM traded 8 picks to move up for a QB?   Pretty close to never.   If it happened, please find me that trade.   

Colts should only give up 2 1st at the most. Plus a player.

Giving up 3 1st rounders to move up 3 spots is wild.

If Chicago wants that from the Colts bring on A.Rodgers and draft whoever falls to you at 4, if you like someone else who will go later, trade back a bit and gather more picks.

I would be okay with 2 1sts and Kenny Moore. Maybe Pitt if they asked for him instead of Moore.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Dud you read what the poster predicted?   I think not.   

You’re defending him by saying SF traded 3 firsts.    When is three the same as 8?    When was the last time ANY TEAM traded 8 picks to move up for a QB?   Pretty close to never.   If it happened, please find me that trade.   

It probably won't happen but it's definitely  around the range they would want

23 1

23 2

23 3

24 1 

24 2

25 2

25 5

That's 7 and near the ideal trade Bears would want to drop to 11th

2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

His big arm is something that Indianapolis could use as they want to get their vertical offense back after being held back by the underwhelming play of Matt Ryan in 2023.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/jameis_winston_projected_to_end_up_signing_with_colts/s1_17150_38426390

Please no on Jameis Winston 

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Colts should only give up 2 1st at the most. Plus a player.

Giving up 3 1st rounders to move up 3 spots is wild.

If Chicago wants that from the Colts bring on A.Rodgers and draft whoever falls to you at 4, if you like someone else who will go later, trade back a bit and gather more picks.

No thanks to Rodgers 

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Did you read what the poster predicted?   I think not.   

Depends on the picks. 3 1sts is more than say 1 first, 2 seconds, 2 thirds, a 4th, a 6th and a 7th. 

It's easier to do it with fewer picks, so it probably won't be 8. My point was - the value given will be significant if they want ot move from 11 to 1. And more importantly - if a team loves the guy, I wouldn't be surprised to see a team make such a jump. 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

if a team loves the guy

I like the guy but i think its hard to love Stroud that much. 

Trades to #1 are not that common and its hard for me to see a mega deal for anyone this year.  trading from 11 to 3 could be a lot more reasonable and the colts will have to watch out for that 

2 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I was talking about Winston as a bridge last year before Matt Ryan came up.  Now that hes another year and injury older id be less excited about him.  He might still make sense if we end up with someone like WIll Levis

I would still have Levis start day 1 

Just now, BlackTiger said:

I like the guy but i think its hard to love Stroud that much. 

Trades to #1 are not that common and its hard for me to see a mega deal for anyone this year.  trading from 11 to 3 could be a lot more reasonable and the colts will have to watch out for that 

I would strongly consider trading up to 3

Just now, BlackTiger said:

I'd definitely consider it too.  The Panthers, Raiders and apparently Titans are all out there lurking.  

A bunch of creepers I tell ya

Just now, PRnum1 said:

Levis has at least run a pro offense unlike stroud who has run the gimmicky OSU spread offense.

It would take stroud a few years just like Fields to learn to run a pro offense 

His numbers dip severely when pressured too

38 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

No thanks to Rodgers 

I understand for sure. I just think if we are going with another stop gap QB that he would be the best option.

Carr would want a long term deal, Dalton sucks, and Winston is average.

We need someone that can throw the deep ball and give our receivers a chance. If it continues no receivers are going to want to even play here. I’m not saying Rodgers would be the answer though. Just another quick option if the Colts didn’t want to give up so much to grab a QB with pick #1 or #2.

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

It probably won't happen but it's definitely  around the range they would want

23 1

23 2

23 3

24 1 

24 2

25 2

25 5

That's 7 and near the ideal trade Bears would want to drop to 11th

Show me where a trade like what you just proposed has happened.   I don’t think you’ll find it.   

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Depends on the picks. 3 1sts is more than say 1 first, 2 seconds, 2 thirds, a 4th, a 6th and a 7th. 

It's easier to do it with fewer picks, so it probably won't be 8. My point was - the value given will be significant if they want ot move from 11 to 1. And more importantly - if a team loves the guy, I wouldn't be surprised to see a team make such a jump. 

The 2021 draft had trade ups for two QBs….   Lance at 3 and Fields at 11.   None were even close to that.   

There were trade ups for Goff and Wentz and neither were close to this?   

There were trade ups for Mahomes and Watson and neither were close to this.  

There was a trade up for RG3 and it wasn’t close to this. 

The poster I was responding to has now made a follow up post with a proposed trade.   Check it out.   Are you willing to endorse this?   I’d ask you the same question I just asked him…. Show me another trade where what he has now proposed has happened like that.  I think you’ll find it doesn’t exist.  He has pulled this out of thin air.