Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't think the Bears should give up on Fields. He has played only two years. That is not enough. They should use their draft picks to build a solid OL and add some weapons to maximize his chances to succeed. Getting another QB is starting over. They drafted Trubisky, then Fields and now someone else? That is worse than how the Jets acquire QBs.

I think there plan is to give him 1 more year then with most likely future 1st plus their own go all in on Maye or Williams if the Fields project fails 

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

What are the Raiders doing? You'd think it would be wise to at least attempt to trade him for something... 

It's a bit strange isn't it! But I'm also inclined to think Carr will reject any trade move to screw the Raiders out of compensation and force them to cut him and he'll do what he wants then!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RollerColt said:

What are the Raiders doing? You'd think it would be wise to at least attempt to trade him for something... 

Since you wrote this post the answer to your question came out. Carr has stated he will not extend the February 15 deadline for the Raiders to trade him. He has a "no trade " clause in his contract. What this boils down to is Carr will not agree to any trade the Raiders might make. This will force the Raiders to just release him and he will be better off as a FA. This is what happens when you alienate a player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Since you wrote this post the answer to your question came out. Carr has stated he will not extend the February 15 deadline for the Raiders to trade him. He has a "no trade " clause in his contract. What this boils down to is Carr will not agree to any trade the Raiders might make. This will force the Raiders to just release him and he will be better off as a FA. This is what happens when you alienate a player.

Thanks, makes sense. Good for Derek then. Raiders should have treated him better. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If this is a valid evaluation , maybe we don't need to move up. Or it could lower the price to move up to #1. If those 4 QB's are rated similar ,  a team like Carolina could look to trade with AZ instead.

4 minutes ago, dw49 said:

If this is a valid evaluation , maybe we don't need to move up. Or it could lower the price to move up to #1. If those 4 QB's are rated similar ,  a team like Carolina could look to trade with AZ instead.

It’s way to early to know. Things will pick up after the combine. Deals start to be done at the combine and after these quarterbacks are evaluated.

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s way to early to know. Things will pick up after the combine. Deals start to be done at the combine and after these quarterbacks are evaluated.

Yes ...it's just all guesses and talk at this point in time. 

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It will all work out. Bears will realize they aren’t getting a kings random for that pick.

It only costs a 2nd and a 5th to move two spots from 4 to 2.  Its not very expensive because its not number 1 pick, and its only 2 spots.  CHI still gets a great pick at #4.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

It only costs a 2nd and a 5th to move two spots from 4 to 2.  Its not very expensive because its not number 1 pick, and its only 2 spots.  CHI still gets a great pick at #4.  

We might be able to do our 3rd, 5th and next years 2nd.   CHI gets more picks and we get to keep pick 35.

I think we should hope Texans trade up to one. It’s just a better outcome for colts if we only have to trade up to two. Bears are not going to get much from Texans but maybe moving down twice they will get what they want. Plus get a very good dline player.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think we should hope Texans trade up to one. It’s just a better outcome for colts if we only have to trade up to two. Bears are not going to get much from Texans but maybe moving down twice they will get what they want. Plus get a very good dline player.

To move from pick 4 to 2 with CHI, we could conceivably give CHI Ryan Kelly and Kenny Moore, and a 2nd or 3rd round pick next year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

To move from pick 4 to 2 with CHI, we could conceivably give CHI Ryan Kelly, Kenny Moore, and a 2nd or 3rd round pick next year.

We just have to hope bears don’t trade that first pick with a team behind us. It’s going to come down to how much they want Anderson or Carter.  Are those players more valuable then the extra picks that Carolina or another team  might be willing to give up. FA might clear some of this up too.  Keeping pick 35 is huge.

• Like 1

I’m of the opinion that if Ballard and the new HC find a QB they think is the guy, I would trade whatever the Bears want to get him. In this league, you really can’t overestimate the value QBs have, especially elite ones. I’m very tired of dealing with mediocre QBs here in Indy.

Look at the playoffs for example; out of the four final teams, 3 had an elite QB (the other had the best defense in the league). It really is a QB-driven sport.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I’m of the opinion that if Ballard and the new HC find a QB they think is the guy, I would trade whatever the Bears want to get him. In this league, you really can’t overestimate the value QBs have, especially elite ones. I’m very tired of dealing with mediocre QBs here in Indy.

Look at the playoffs for example; out of the four final teams, 3 had an elite QB (the other had the best defense in the league). It really is a QB-driven sport.

There's a fine line between trading up and giving the other team anything they want

I appreciate that Ballard sets a price and doesn't overbid 

• Like 1

Just now, chickenMan said:

That's kinda an issue.  Is there a QB worth the gamble of trading much needed draft capital away? 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

That's kinda an issue.  Is there a QB worth the gamble of trading much needed draft capital away? 

That’s what I’m hoping Ballard can deduce. If there is, I think you pull the trigger. 

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

There's a fine line between trading up and giving the other team anything they want

I appreciate that Ballard sets a price and doesn't overbid 

True. I’m just very antsy about the QB situation. I guess I’ve been spoiled after so many years of Peyton and Luck, I just want to watch good QB play again lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

That’s what I’m hoping Ballard can deduce. If there is, I think you pull the trigger. 

True. I’m just very antsy about the QB situation. I guess I’ve been spoiled after so many years of Peyton and Luck, I just want to watch good QB play again lol

Very understandable but unfortunately imo there are no Mannings or Lucks in this QB class. At this point I would be happy with an QB that can be a leader that doesn't hurt the team.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Very understandable but unfortunately imo there are no Mannings or Lucks in this QB class. At this point I would be happy with an QB that can be a leader that doesn't hurt the team.....

Tbf, people say that a lot...people didn’t think Allen, Mahomes, or Hurts would be as good as they are...Hell, there were lots of people doubting Burrow before Cincy took him. Point is, you never know until you see them play. Fingers crossed we get a QB of that caliber in April

• Like 2