Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Search Discussion Thread

JColts72

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NewColtsFan said:

For me, one of the best qualities about the NFL is that the league has a long history of teams going from last to first in their division in just one year.  Worst to first.  

At one point roughly 10-12 years ago there was a stretch of 8 straight years where a team went worst for first.   And I’d have to believe the vast majority of those fans had no idea their favorite team would improve so much, so fast. 

So fast rebuilds can be done.  It’s documented.  But I think the Colts have a very tall mountain to climb.   I’m a Ballard admirer,  but I think this off-season is going to be the hardest off-season of his career.  By far. 

Yea thats where from worst to first comes from. If our offense actually plays like an nfl offense we can win some games

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Are you saying Leonard is lying? 

I’m certainly not saying Shaq is lying.  But I think he’s being kind and supportive for a guy who went out of his way to be supportive of him.  So I believe he’s doing a friend a solid.   It’s also possible he’s able to say this because he may have a good idea that JS is not getting the job.  

Just a different perspective for consideration…. 

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

This article states that EB had only one interview. I suppose it is possible there was some secret interview, but thats doubtful...

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/07/indianapolis-colts-eric-bieniemy-head-coach-interview-went-great/

Eric Bieniemy thought HC interview with Colts 'went great'

The Indianapolis Colts interviewed Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy for their head coach vacancy during the first round of meetings, but he didn’t get a second interview with the team.

Even though he wasn’t among the eight finalists who received a second interview with the Colts, Bieniemy said he felt the interview “went great” with general manager Chris Ballard.

Since we are all hearing how the Colts are doing such an extensive and thorough search, it would seem odd, if they were to select EB, having only had one single interaction with him 

Jocinda Anderson says in this clip posted 8hrs ago that Bienemy is still in the running

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m certainly not saying Shaq is lying.  But I think he’s being kind and supportive for a guy who went out of his way to be supportive of him.  So I believe he’s doing a friend a solid.   It’s also possible he’s able to say this because he may have a good idea that JS is not getting the job.  

Just a different perspective for consideration…. 

I think your exactly right. That was the feeling I had after watching the entire interview.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Jocinda Anderson says in this clip posted 8hrs ago that Bienemy is still in the running

the national media I think is so out of loop because everything is locked down. What she said here about Saturday is laughable. At this point sources don’t have any info so just say so instead of speculating.

47 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Are you saying Leonard is lying? 

Not lying but it’s a weird comment IMO. I just don’t get how he could say that given the fact that Saturday went 1-7 and he didn’t play any games for him. Really there was no need for him to be as commital as he was. Could’ve just said he declined to comment. 

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Not lying but it’s a weird comment IMO. I just don’t get how he could say that given the fact that Saturday went 1-7 and he didn’t play any games for him. Really there was no need for him to be as commital as he was. Could’ve just said he declined to comment. 

He spoke his mind. I guess because some of the players don't have your negative opinion of Jeff,  they are supposed to keep their mouth shut? 

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I'm pretty sure you missed the point.  

I didnt I dont care about how good of a leader he is if the record doesnt show it. That's the point I'm making. Saturday the player I love Saturday the coach is unproven. We all know he is a good leader from his time as a player.

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He spoke his mind. I guess because some of the players don't have your negative opinion of Jeff,  they are supposed to keep their mouth shut? 

I would’ve gotten it if it was Nelson or Matt Ryan. But for Leonard it sounded like he was carrying water for Saturday.

Leonard didn’t say anything he hadn’t said before.  Quite frankly, Leonard wasn’t out there playing when Saturday was blowing games.  Leonard appreciates that Saturday shut him down to get his nerve issue fixed and that’s nice and all, but When asked if Irsay and Ballard sought out Leonard’s opinion the answer was no. More telling to me was what he thought of previous leadership. 

2 hours ago, krunk said:

If Bieniemy let's say is brought in as OC and Morris as HC, he'll be gone after one season because either he's gonna prove he can win without Reid and Mahomes and leave to be a HC or he's gonna flop.

31 minutes ago, CR91 said:

If Bieniemy let's say is brought in as OC and Morris as HC, he'll be gone after one season because either he's gonna prove he can win without Reid and Mahomes and leave to be a HC or he's gonna flop.

Why does it have to be one extreme or another?    Good or bad?

Why can’t it be something in the middle? 

1 hour ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Leonard didn’t say anything he hadn’t said before.  Quite frankly, Leonard wasn’t out there playing when Saturday was blowing games.  Leonard appreciates that Saturday shut him down to get his nerve issue fixed and that’s nice and all, but When asked if Irsay and Ballard sought out Leonard’s opinion the answer was no. More telling to me was what he thought of previous leadership. 

Ok….   I’ll ask….

What did Leonard say about the previous leadership?  

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The disrespect you show Leonard is unwarranted.  

You have a way of starting an argument with someone when they say something negative, then when you are losing the argument you deflect it to being about some sort of general hate or bias.  

This is pretty simple.  Leonard is a defensive player who plays the the second level middle of the field....who didn't even play this season.  Its a legitimate point to bring up and compare him to both Nelson and Ryan who were struggling on offense and would have had more direct contact with the HC.   Its a valid point.  Its not disrespect.

19 minutes ago, stitches said:

(sorry guys and gals... just trying to fill some time during SB weekend . Hope I didn't cause any heart attacks :D)

February Fools Day.

20 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You have a way of starting an argument with someone when they say something negative, then when you are losing the argument you deflect it to being about some sort of general hate or bias.  

This is pretty simple.  Leonard is a defensive player who plays the the second level middle of the field....who didn't even play this season.  Its a legitimate point to bring up and compare him to both Nelson and Ryan who were struggling on offense and would have had more direct contact with the HC.   Its a valid point.  Its not disrespect.

And you are a fan who didnt attend a single practice. So its totally fair to value Leonards opinion over yours. In fact it would be silly not to.

Its ok to realize you dont know enough to comment on something once in awhile, Doug. The world will be ok.

8 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

And you are a fan who didnt attend a single practice. So its totally fair to value Leonards opinion over yours. In fact it would be silly not to.

Its ok to realize you dont know enough to comment on something once in awhile, Doug. The world will be ok.

Huh?  I don't have an opinion about Saturday.  I was pointing out that the poster who said that he thought Leonard's words held less water than if Ryan or Nelson said it made sense...when Crazy accused him of saying it because of some sort of assumed embedded perpetual disrespect for Leonard.

Please understand the written English language before you try to call me out.  Its a really dumb look for you.

Going 1-7 as an intern coach doesnt mean a person is any less then a leader,nor would going 7-1 mean that a person is. What are the circumstances the coach was placed into. The team had all but quit on Frank and the owner didnt feel any of the current coaching staff had anyone in position to turn it around who would take the job. He then went outside to hire a person whom was always looked at as a great leader of a club that won the Superbowl. Saturday going in knew it was a next to impossible situation to fix in half a season,he had no time to assemble a staff of his own and had many key players injured and/or out. None of this makes Jeff any less of a leader. I'm not saying Jeff would even be my first choice,there are other candidates who have more experience and are also leaders. There are also coaches who have done well who are not leaders at all (Urban Meyer comes right to mind).

1 hour ago, stitches said:

(sorry guys and gals... just trying to fill some time during SB weekend . Hope I didn't cause any heart attacks :D)

I discovered that you can stop breathing, the heart, and still live.. hahahaha

Archived