Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sam to start, Ryan to be backup

csmopar

28 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Will he pull an Orlovsky in 2011 and win a game?

No but that raised an interesting question, who would you take if they were to play each other in the last game of both seasons  , the 2022 Colts vs the 2011 Colts… 

3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I overheard Irsay screaming at Ballard and Saturday...."before you got here, we sucked for Luck...now I'm telling you....we ain't to proud to tank for Stroud"!lmao

Technically not true… Saturday was on that 2011 team…

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Interesting... this tweets mentions Pat McAfee saying "under Frank that players were showing up late to meetings & there was no accountability for the players?"

One of the most common thing in large companies and organizations needing PR is to blame everything bad on the guy who just got fired.   And that will last into next year as the "stank" is finally cleared out.

It might be true.  But its also common PR schtick. 

I have a feeling Sam will play alright and we might win this game. Its whatever though we can only drop 1 spot and be jumped by the Rams (Lions pick). They probably dont take a Qb. Goff has been really good. Their defense needs a lot of help.

57 minutes ago, DougDew said:

One of the most common thing in large companies and organizations needing PR is to blame everything bad on the guy who just got fired.   And that will last into next year as the "stank" is finally cleared out.

Also McAfee has been schilling for Saturday since the beginning. Love Pat but he’s a biased party.

26 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I have a feeling Sam will play alright and we might win this game. Its whatever though we can only drop 1 spot and be jumped by the Rams (Lions pick). They probably dont take a Qb. Goff has been really good. Their defense needs a lot of help.

I agree... and from what I have been reading, Lovie Smith sounds like he will try to win the game (of course, what else could he say?)

31 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

So, when Sam and Ryan get knocked out of game, who’ll back them up? Jelani Woods?

All lights go off, and the Jumbotron would show a casket being brought up with a curious, eerie music and it slowly opens and a pair of eyes open from the dead.... 

Here come, Paul Bearer with the golden Urn and Paul Heyman announcing

IT'S THE UNDERTAKER.... 

20 Wrestlers jump into the field, and it's the start of Royal Rumble.. 

NFL decides that's better entertainment than Colts play again this season. 

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

All lights go off, and the Jumbotron would show a casket being brought up with a curious, eerie music and it slowly opens and a pair of eyes open from the dead.... 

Here come, Paul Bearer with the golden Urn and Paul Heyman announcing

IT'S THE UNDERTAKER.... 

20 Wrestlers jump into the field, and it's the start of Royal Rumble.. 

NFL decides that's better entertainment than Colts play again this season. 

pro wrestling 90s GIF

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I believe Reich needed fired but Irsay did it for a scape goat to start Ryan over Ehlinger and tank... Things in Indy smell fishy...no team pride from the coach and players for not coming to an injured players defense. If none of your players are going to stop that celebration you better show your leadership as a coach and step out there. Weak weak weak.. 

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Goff has played like Mahomes in games played at home in Detroit and he's played like Matt Ryan in the Road games. A look at the stats :

Goff has been far better at home this season and has struggled in road games (23:3 TD:INT ratio, 0 FL over home games in Detroit compared to 6:4, 4 fumbles lost over road games). 

Detroit Lions would be shrewd if they move up to #2 from Rams pick using their pick if needed and get one of the top 2 QBs in this draft. 

They can easily trade Goff after this largely successful season for their standards to the teams that missed out QBs in the draft, and could even get huge compensation of draft picks in return. 

If I'm Lions GM, I'd be doing that. 

If Colts think they'd get Young or Stroud easily, they'd be left standing disappointed on the Draft Night. 

8 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Goff has played like Mahomes in games played at home in Detroit and he's played like Matt Ryan in the Road games. A look at the stats :

Detroit Lions would be shrewd if they move up to #2 from Rams pick using their pick if needed and get one of the top 2 QBs in this draft. 

They can easily trade Goff after this largely successful season for their standards to the teams that missed out QBs in the draft, and could even get huge compensation of draft picks in return. 

If I'm Lions GM, I'd be doing that. 

If Colts think they'd get Young or Stroud easily, they'd be left standing disappointed on the Draft Night. 

To the bolded: In fantasy I own Goff and Dak, and I played Goff at home and Dak every other week lol. haha 

It usually worked out :) 

Anyone can see that Sam has played better than Foles for sure...and probably Ryan.  But if the O line can't protect the QB, possibly no QB will survive.  So maybe we will see Jelanie filling in but hopefully not.  Hoping for a injury free game finale!

7 hours ago, Nancy said:

Anyone can see that Sam has played better than Foles for sure...and probably Ryan.  But if the O line can't protect the QB, possibly no QB will survive.  So maybe we will see Jelanie filling in but hopefully not.  Hoping for a injury free game finale!

Sam has looked good in 2 out of the 3 games he's played. What other QB can say that?

14 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

To the bolded: In fantasy I own Goff and Dak, and I played Goff at home and Dak every other week lol. haha 

It usually worked out :) 

That probably means the Packers have a very good chance of beating the Lions and making the playoffs.

On 1/2/2023 at 4:17 PM, Nesjan3 said:

it dosent matter where we draft , ballard will trade down for more six rounders looking for the next brady so he can be famous

On 1/2/2023 at 3:43 PM, 1959Colts said:

Interesting... this tweets mentions Pat McAfee saying "under Frank that players were showing up late to meetings & there was no accountability for the players?"

I watch Pats show daily while I'm at work, but I've never heard him actually say this. I think its a miss quote.

On 1/2/2023 at 4:44 PM, bluebombers87 said:

Also McAfee has been schilling for Saturday since the beginning. Love Pat but he’s a biased party.

True to an extent. I think he was more happy about former players getting a shot not having to go through the college ranks, and saying it could actually benefit the rooney rule as well, which is true. But also in recent episodes, he completely says this Saturday experiment clearly ain't it. But its not as catchy a headline as it was when he defended the hire.

On 1/2/2023 at 2:20 PM, TimetobringDfence! said:

I believe Reich needed fired but Irsay did it for a scape goat to start Ryan over Ehlinger and tank... Things in Indy smell fishy...no team pride from the coach and players for not coming to an injured players defense. If none of your players are going to stop that celebration you better show your leadership as a coach and step out there. Weak weak weak.. 

We were tanking just fine with Ryan.  Just not buying into that conspiracy theory that Irsay fire Reich to be a scape goat.

9 hours ago, gspdx said:

We were tanking just fine with Ryan.  Just not buying into that conspiracy theory that Irsay fire Reich to be a scape goat.

Not a scape goat so much, but I believe Jim wanted the team to start Ryan over Ehlinger to lose. I think Jim pushed us into tank mode...Reich had a fair shot and blew it.

Archived