Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 17: Colts @ Giants, Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

He followed that up with a "sleep/nap" gesture. I know he's a young kid, but that's just disgusting and disrespectful.

Edit: Watching the replay, he did the snow angel as soon as he rolled off of Foles, so there's no way he saw that Foles was hurt.

He was right next to him. At the very least he could hear him in pain. Screw him and screw NY.

Honest question: Did Irsay & Saturday ruin any chance of Jeff ever making the hall of fame with this interim debacle?  I’m sure his chances weren’t great but a lot of people are gonna remember him for this.  I hope Irsay doesn’t double down on Jeff out of guilt. 

6 minutes ago, Shive said:

He followed that up with a "sleep/nap" gesture. I know he's a young kid, but that's just disgusting and disrespectful.

Edit: Watching the replay, he did the snow angel as soon as he rolled off of Foles, so there's no way he saw that Foles was hurt.

yeah but his teammate was signaling it to him on the replay. still looks bad. especially how long he was doing it, even with the trainers knelt next to him

• Like 2

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Honest question: Did Irsay & Saturday ruin any chance of Jeff ever making the hall of fame with this interim debacle?  I’m sure his chances weren’t great but a lot of people are gonna remember him for this.  I hope Irsay doesn’t double down on Jeff out of guilt. 

if irsay hires jeff after losing every game except one and killing the teams chemistry  it would be embarrassing

• Like 2

On the play where Foles got destroyed the Colts strength (TE) was on the right.  Against a 4-man front the blocking assignment was to take the gap to your right (at least that's how they blocked it).  Backside DE was completely unaccounted for.  CB and OLB both blitzed.  Rainman picked up the OLB but the DE and the CB were given a clean path.  The RB could have helped block the back side but instead chose to flare out for a pass.

That's bad coaching.

• Like 1

Just now, coming on strong said:

if irsay hires jeff after losing every game except one and killing the teams chemistry  it would be embarrassing

It will be telling for Irsay. If he’s humble enough he’ll see the error. If he’s stubborn like ol’ Bob Irsay, he’ll double down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

His coaching record has nothing to do with his play on the field 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Nelson56 said:

On the play where Foles got destroyed the Colts strength (TE) was on the right.  Against a 4-man front the blocking assignment was to take the guy lined up to your right (at least that's how they blocked it).  DE was completely unaccounted for.  CB and OLB both blitzed.  Rainman picked up the OLB but the DE and the CB were given a clean path.  The RB could have helped block the back side but instead chose to flare out for a pass.

That's bad coaching.

Maybe it’s bad recognition by the players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

One win since Frank was fired. Biggest blown lead in NFL history. Worst Q4 in modern nfl history, both without Foles. Clearly, the two are not connected.

lets see if it looks any different with Sam

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

One win since Frank was fired. Biggest blown lead in NFL history. Worst Q4 in modern nfl history, both without Foles. Clearly, the two are not connected.

Anything else you want to whine about? Just let it out.  Don't keep it pent up. It's bad for your digestive system :thmup:

• Thanks 1

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Especially with the media circus that surrounded his selection as an interim. 

Yeah. That’s what’s worrying me.  Jeff is a good dude.  He deserves blame because he took the job but he doesn’t deserve to have his borderline hall of fame playing career wiped away by this cluster… of an interim head coaching job. 

3 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Daniel Jones... Daniel Jones is 15-20.. come on can we please switch our defense strategy.. 20 years of this

Daniel Jones has been having a really good season, possibly the best of his career, so its not like he's some 2nd string chump.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Yeah. That’s what’s worrying me.  Jeff is a good dude.  He deserves blame because he took the job but he doesn’t deserve to have his borderline hall of fame playing career wiped away by this cluster… of an interim head coaching job. 

yeah but also look at what he walked into.  he's a former player, not GOD.

what did people expect him to do? create different players in a lab and stick them on the field? 

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

I would hope that the sports media will keep the two separate. But you never know these days.

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

HOF voters don't look at anything but what the player did on the field.  There are players in the HOF that have criminal records and NFL suspensions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeah but also look at what he walked into.  he's a former player, not GOD.

what did people expect him to do? create different players in a lab and stick them on the field? 

I understand completely. And like I said, I like Jeff.  He’s a legend from our greatest era.  I hate to see him having “the worst interim coach in NFL history” anchored around his neck.  He’s too nice a guy and loyal to the Shoe.

• Like 1