Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chargers Colts Predictions

danlhart87

I wish this wasn't on MNF. The Colts haven't played well on National TV. 

I was checking out the Chargers' message boards, and many fans (the Chargers do have fans), are concerned about the Colts. They're thinking that this could be a trap game, and that because of the past weeks, the Colts will come out fighting. The Chargers are trying to make the playoffs, and the Colts have nothing to play for and could be spoilers. 

I don't know to expect, but there were some interesting points made on the Chargers' site. 

55 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Well.. I predict it CANT get any more embarrassing than our last two games. 

Careful! I was saying that after the Dallas game and the Colts pulled a "Hold my Beer" moment lol

Prediction its a nail biter for the first two drives as the Colts stay within striking distance 7-3 ....... final score 34-6 Chargers.....

33 minutes ago, Crunked said:

Careful! I was saying that after the Dallas game and the Colts pulled a "Hold my Beer" moment lol

Prediction its a nail biter for the first two drives as the Colts stay within striking distance 7-3 ....... final score 34-6 Chargers.....

True! 

But if we're being honest, it's gonna be hard to top what the Patriots did last week, as far as embarrassment. As long as we don't do anything like that we should be okay haha

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

True! 

But if we're being honest, it's gonna be hard to top what the Patriots did last week, as far as embarrassment. As long as we don't do anything like that we should be okay haha

Patty Mac said that play took the Colts off the hook for the worst play in NFL history.  :thmup:

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

True! 

That was worse than ole Carson’s left handed screen pass v TN last season.  

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Colts win.  And proves that Foles should have been the starting QB all along. 

Since 2019/ 2020.

Now that Foles is starting, Colts probably win 27-24 scoring more than 19 offensive points for the first time in a LOOONNNGGG time. :)  Maybe??? :dunno:

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Patty Mac said that play took the Colts off the hook for the worst play in NFL history.  :thmup:

I just think what Patriots did was few players doing silly, Superman stuff with the hope that they could pull off a great college football kind ending after the time has expired. These guys just didn't think it through in the heat of the moment, and went back to their college, high school plays that they'd pull off for fun against lesser talents. 

They realized how silly it was to try that against NFL talents even in a poor team and their locker room interviews shortly after the game showed genuine remorse. 

However, Colts coaching staff went into the play with premeditated, prepared play call (not sure if they even practiced competitively) against a great team. It was just disaster and self-inflicted insult written all over it. I don't even recall the coaches explain logically what exactly they were trying to do. 

Anyway, I think Colts will play better going forward, and try to keep games close and interesting. (not like Vikings game) 

1 minute ago, Myles said:

i will be so disappointed if the Colts win this game.  

So many, astronomical stuff would happen from January until April that will culminate in the decisions that they'd take in next draft. 

These three remaining games are going to be so miniscule compared to all that Colts FO would think and go  through in next 4 months. 

Fans can just sit back, relax and see how it all plays out. That's all we could do anyway. 

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

So many, astronomical stuff would happen from January until April that will culminate in the decisions that they'd take in next draft. 

These three remaining games are going to be so miniscule compared to all that Colts FO would think and go  through in next 4 months. 

Fans can just sit back, relax and see how it all plays out. That's all we could do anyway. 

The difference between the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft and the 11th or 12th pick in the draft is huge.  It could make the difference between having a good future and being mediocre for many year.  It is not certain, but draft capitol is very valuable.  having the 4th pick in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds ext...   Can make a big difference.

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

The difference between the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft and the 11th or 12th pick in the draft is huge.  It could make the difference between having a good future and being mediocre for many year.  It is not certain, but draft capitol is very valuable.  having the 4th pick in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds ext...   Can make a big difference.

It also then costs more to move up and teams don’t like to move down too far.

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Fake punt was worse than because it was actually a called play. That pats game was just a mistake by the players.

Fake punt was also mistake by a player. The ball was never supposed to be snapped, if I remember correctly. 

My vote for worst play ever goes to the Patriots, since it was the last play of the game, and well... it's the Patriots.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Agreed, the problem is Chargers and Giants can play like they are a good team one day, and the next week they'd be playing as if they shouldn't be in the playoffs. Herbert suddenly falls off the form, Chargers defense can be outright bad, Giants easily look listless with all the injuries. 

You never know, when they're going to do worse than the opponent, and with the penchant of Colts being competitive and Colts defense keeping it tough for opponents to score, I'd not be surprised if colts win even all 3 games. Colts strong run defense is threat to both teams' strength. 

You can only hope that Herbert, Daboll, Daniel Jones, and even Texans have a great day when they play colts. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Colts 20 

Chargers 30

LAC's D sucks. One of the worst DLs (3rd worst in pressures). Not good in INTs either... 

But wouldn't be shocked if we won. 

Yeah that team seems to be stuck in neutral.  I know they’ve had some injuries and I haven’t seen them play too much, but they looked like they were headed for bigger things.

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Yeah that team seems to be stuck in neutral.  I know they’ve had some injuries and I haven’t seen them play too much, but they looked like they were headed for bigger things.

injuries (overall) and the D can suck bad... 

Thought they'd take a step this year. oh well... 

Beatable team. Especially if their O makes mistakes. 

8 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I just think what Patriots did was few players doing silly, Superman stuff with the hope that they could pull off a great college football kind ending after the time has expired. These guys just didn't think it through in the heat of the moment, and went back to their college, high school plays that they'd pull off for fun against lesser talents. 

They realized how silly it was to try that against NFL talents even in a poor team and their locker room interviews shortly after the game showed genuine remorse. 

However, Colts coaching staff went into the play with premeditated, prepared play call (not sure if they even practiced competitively) against a great team. It was just disaster and self-inflicted insult written all over it. I don't even recall the coaches explain logically what exactly they were trying to do. 

Anyway, I think Colts will play better going forward, and try to keep games close and interesting. (not like Vikings game) 

Pat Mcafeee explained it on his show once. They were trying to get a too many men in the huddle penalty to get a first down.

Archived