Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 12: Steelers @ Colts, MNF, Nov. 28, 2022, 8:15PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Russell Wilson has been much worse than Ryan. Ryan is 4-4-1, Wilson is 3-8. On top of that Wilson's contract is much worse and Denver gave up multiple picks for Wilson. A lousy comparison.

they both are bad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

at this point what do the colts have to lose though ?   zero chance at playoffs the season is over .  sam looked bad i agree but ryan looks just as bad .

No QB would play well with the OL play right now.

And I'd guess, the players want Ryan, not Sam. 

The OL is what is it is... Up to Saturday to perhaps shuffle a bit (the OL), and Parks to figure out adjustments (hopefully more runs, and more max protect). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Can all finally agree that Ballard had built a complete dumpster fire?? The sad thing is where do u start next year to build?? No LT, No qb, No young rush Dend, #1 corner is 32?, No #1 receiver. Th most important positions in the NFL and Colts are needing all of them . Sad actually moving forward.

Ballard should be one of the first ones to leave the building, never to return. Then you start with one step at a time, transaction by transaction. Your goal should be to get players in all 3 phases that will play with tenacity and pride regardless of who is coaching.

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

Actually.Matt needs to take off on some of these where they are rushing up. I know it’s not his game, but like Purdue started doing with Aiden, make them know you may not want to but you can.

Matt Ryan literally can’t run with out looking like he’s going to keel over. You want him to scramble?

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

He has been pressured 12 times out of 20 pass plays according to the NFL

pressured just means pressured.

it doesn't take into account the time he had before being pressured, so that stat means nothing really. 

count the snap. he's hitting 4 seconds almost every play. 

• Like 1

:ranton:

Just get a kick out of all the Ehlinger haters who have shut the door on him after ONE GAME! Without our stud running back, and only lost by ONE POINT! Against a team who has actually been playing pretty good with a replacement QB. I just don’t get it. 

Ryan is WASHED UP, period. Good QBs are fearless and make it work. And a lot will say but Ryan will lead a comeback or will keep fighting, or he’s a great guy, has ice in his veins, blah blah….. stop putting us behind to begin with and we will not have to mount comebacks. He’s playing scared and it shows.

:rantoff:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Can I ask you something? Do you feel the same about Russell Wilson with the Broncos? Similar situations on bad teams and struggling besides he has a bigger and longer contract.

I just posted about Wilson, lousy comparison. We did not give up the farm to get Ryan as in draft picks, Ryan is older, Wilson's contract is ridiculously bad. Ryan is 4-4-1, Wilson is 3-8.

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Can all finally agree that Ballard had built a complete dumpster fire?? The sad thing is where do u start next year to build?? No LT, No qb, No young rush Dend, #1 corner is 32?, No #1 receiver. Th most important positions in the NFL and Colts are needing all of them . Sad actually moving forward.

So you believe Ballard is responsible for all decisions... Nothing on Irsay, and nothing on Reich... neither had nothing to do with roster choices....

OK... lol... 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

pressured just means pressured.

it doesn't take into account the time he had before being pressured, so that stat means nothing really. 

count the snap. he's hitting 4 seconds almost every play. 

Wouldnt that mean the WR's are not getting open then? I get it Matt Ryan is not playing well, but the amount of people here who solely blame him and don't take into account the rest of the offense is quite hilarious. 

Just now, IrsaysArmy said:

What do you think is going through Matt Ryans head right now? Like, do you think he’s even alittle self-aware and realizes how bad he has become ?

I think he might be saying he liked his playoff chances better in Atlanta.  Atlanta is better and they are not good.

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He’s got to go,there is some serious issues with this team.

• Like 1

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

Wouldnt that mean the WR's are not getting open then? I get it Matt Ryan is not playing well, but the amount of people here who solely blame him and don't take into account the rest of the offense is quite hilarious. 

possibly.. its a team game, but Ryan isn't even attempting to throw outside the numbers. 

his arm is shot. 

his timing is off.

his decision making is poor.

his movement is predictable. 

it's time for him to hang it up.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Actually.Matt needs to take off on some of these where they are rushing up. I know it’s not his game, but like Purdue started doing with Aiden, make them know you may not want to but you can.

Definitely his not game lol... But we've seen him do it a couple times this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just posted about Wilson, lousy comparison. We did not give up the farm to get Ryan as in draft picks, Ryan is older, Wilson's contract is ridiculously bad. Ryan is 4-4-1, Wilson is 3-8.

The age is pretty close tbh. 34 to 37. The record means little to me as Matt Ryan is a turnover machine. I agree with the picks and contract. However, that doesn't have any bearing on how good or bad the QB is. Both are equally bad. The only difference is we are in better shape for the future becuase we didn't mortgage it and miss. After next year, we'll still have a good team that has a shot again with a proper GM and QB.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

That's exactly what's happening.  We have no OC.  How many crossing routes or slot plays are we running? We can't get open.

Just now, Dobbinblitz said:

Fred Astaire has nothing on Matt Ryan.  Ryan’s arm strength must be so bad he will not even attempt to throw a pass longer than 15 yards. Defenses will not remain honest under these conditions. The guy is spent, just do not know how you can leave him in the game.

I look at this way. I think Ryan came with the goods. He was promised a very good Oline and running game. He is 37 years old and was brought here to be a piece of the puzzle. I  think  no one is more shocked than Ryan. I really believe he is injured and just gun shy  cause he got so beat up at the beginning  of the season. The way the Oline is struggling, he would have to a Lamar, Hurts or Fields to make anything happen. The fans are wanting him to be the star of this team and he can't do that. I really don't blame him because the role he has to play now is not the one that was promised to him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I look at this way. I think Ryan came with the goods. He was promised a very good Oline and running game. He is 37 years old and was brought here to be a piece of the puzzle. I  think  no one is more shocked than Ryan. I really believe he is injured and just gun shy  cause he got so beat up at the beginning  of the season. The way the Oline is struggling, he would have to a Lamar, Hurts or Fields to make anything happen. The fans are wanting him to be the star of this team and he can't do that. I really don't blame him because the role he has to play now is not the one that was promised to him.

For once, I actually agree with you.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Wentz played the role better, IMO, and actually think he helped JT and the run game because he could heave it 30-40 yards down the field.

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Haven't been this bored watching a Colts game before I don't think... Lol

Watched the Colts since they moved here.  Haven't seen part of team quit like this ever.  Even the early 1-15 teams look like they tried but they had minimal talent.  Can't stomach watching these overpaid OL pansies.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Sam needs to play then because he can run the ball and be mobile. I agree with your post.

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yea its a dumpster fire. He has failed miserably on the offensive side of the ball, not only in finding a replacement for Luck and AC, but also his salary allocation is terrible. RT, C, G making all the money??? Hilarious.