Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is everyone still seriously this upset at this loss?

twfish

3 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

we might beat the texans only game i see us winning this season and that will not be a sure thing

I think we'll be in all our remaining games with a chance to win or tie late, and we'll win a few of them that most wouldn't suspect - heck, we should've won yesterday and just as the Eagles learned from their loss to Washington, I think we'll grow from this narrow defeat and be better for it going forward.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Is everyone still seriously this upset at this loss?"

Of course.  If not, you are not a fan.  This loss pretty much put the Colts out of the playoffs.  I didn't expect to win, but as the game went on is became obvious we would be in it till the end.  

14 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I just feel bad for the defense. Consistently giving up less than 20 points and our QBs consistently stink. And guys, I’m not just being overly negative. Matt Ryan looks very bad

Rivers in his sleep could throw a well timed, highly accurate pass to the flats giving the catcher a shot to make a move.

15 year Vet Ryan times it and throws it like a garbage man. Ridiculous!!!

Saturday should run a few Hail Mary plays to start the game and order Ryan to throw the ____ ball long and high _____  _______ !!!

To the OP's question, yes I am upset because I feel like the game got stolen from us. I don't care if someone says I sound like a whiny baby. This is another example of REFS can control a game. Matt Ryan gets facemasked and the REFS look the other way. I bet had that been Hurts that got facemasked, the yellow comes out. Yes we missed a FG earlier in the game, yes we didn't stop them on 4th and 2 but it should have never came down to that. This was basically our season and because the REFS missed an obvious Roughing the passer we are now done. Put a fork in it. All that time invested in this team, bragging about how good we are at times and then to lose like that is a pile of nonsense. I am not saying the league is rigged but the REFS can easily determine an outcome by bogus calls or just simply ignoring a call. It is getting real old for me as a fan that loves this game.

I hope Dallas cleans Philly's clock after the way Philly's coach acted at the end of the game. Teams I would love to see to win the AFC now are, Buffalo or KC. I like Mahomes and the Bills fans have been through miserable times over the years. I want Minnesota in the NFC but after yesterday, Dallas IMO is the superior team. I like Dallas or the 49ers in the NFC at this point to come out.

Upset, no, but as I saw a few others say, definitely dissappointed. 

I think we could all do with a dose of perspective though. This team had no pulse 3 weeks ago. They looked dejected and had no fight in them. Saturday comes in and we beat a bad Raiders team, and then we just took "arguably" one of the best teams in the NFL down to the absolute wire, and in reality they had no business winning the game - we gave it to them.

Even if we only win a couple more games all season, but the team is playing like this, sign me up for Jeff Saturday as the new HC moving forward with a chance for us to restart at QB and fix the offense in the offseason. If this defense had a competent offense on the other side of it.... not even great, just competent, then this team would be in the playoffs, no question. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope Dallas cleans Philly's clock after the way Philly's coach acted at the end of the game. Teams I would love to see to win the AFC now are, Buffalo or KC. I like Mahomes and the Bills fans have been through miserable times over the years. I want Minnesota in the NFC but after yesterday, Dallas IMO is the superior team. I like Dallas or the 49ers in the NFC at this point to come out.

Nick Sirriani acted so classless.

On Kevin’s show this morning he played a clip from Sirriani and mentioned Nick was probably hearing from colt players how Reich got a raw deal because he was forced to play Sam.  Some good stuff on their show this morning how the blame is going to shift to Ballard now because they have changed everything they can and got the same result. It’s worth a listen.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nick Sirriani acted so classless.

On Kevin’s show this morning he played a clip from Sirriani and mentioned Nick was probably hearing from colt players how Reich got a raw deal because he was forced to play Sam.  Some good stuff on their show this morning how the blame is going to shift to Ballard now because they have changed everything they can and got the same result. It’s worth a listen.

Yeah sometimes I listen to their show. I missed it this morning. I can youtube it.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He was emotional and fired up. He has done that after every game he has won. He would go over to the Eagles fans in the front row and hi-five them constantly. I see nothing wrong with that. He also hugged his GM and started sobbing.

After the game, he said he got so emotional because of his ties to Frank Reich and how much Frank meant to him:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/11/20/23470171/eagles-nick-sirianni-post-game-reaction-week-11-emotional-win-colts-frank-reich-play-calling

Everything was understandable, IMO. Whether we feel Frank was justly fired or not, Nick is entitled to his opinion.

I do think the Cowboys have the horses to beat them but if the bad Dak shows up, they may lay an egg like they did vs the Packers in critical moments. Dak never struck me as the guy with "IT". Jalen Hurts actually strikes me as a guy who has "IT" to make crunch time plays, a bit more than Dak to be honest, though not in the Allen/Mahomes/Brady tier.

That #4 seeding is going to be critical - so the 49ers vs Bucs game will be critical for that playoff seeding spot of #3 vs #4 because the #4 seed will probably end up with the second best team in the NFC East, which will still be a very good team, to follow it up with going on the road to another NFC East team if they win.

I can definitely see NFC as Eagles #1, Vikings #2, Bucs #3, 49ers #4, Cowboys #5, Commanders #6, Seahawks #7 when the season ends. I think the NY Jets and Giants (5 of their next 7 inside the division and one vs the Vikings) fade as the season goes on because teams will hone in on Barkley and Daniel Jones isn't good enough to win games on his arm.

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

I had a twinge of anger for a few minutes but then I stepped back and looked at the whole picture again and realized it’s probably for the best. We need a top five spot in the first round.

It exponentially increased how much I want to beat the steelers (and I already wanted to beat them more than any other team this season) so...........

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He was emotional and fired up. He has done that after every game he has won. He would go over to the Eagles fans in the front row and hi-five them constantly. I see nothing wrong with that. He also hugged his GM and started sobbing.

After the game, he said he got so emotional because of his ties to Frank Reich and how much Frank meant to him:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/11/20/23470171/eagles-nick-sirianni-post-game-reaction-week-11-emotional-win-colts-frank-reich-play-calling

Everything was understandable, IMO. Whether we feel Frank was justly fired or not, Nick is entitled to his opinion.

I do think the Cowboys have the horses to beat them but if the bad Dak shows up, they may lay an egg like they did vs the Packers in critical moments. Dak never struck me as the guy with "IT". Jalen Hurts actually strikes me as a guy who has "IT" to make crunch time plays, a bit more than Dak to be honest, though not in the Allen/Mahomes/Brady tier.

That #4 seeding is going to be critical - so the 49ers vs Bucs game will be critical for that playoff seeding spot of #3 vs #4 because the #4 seed will probably end up with the second best team in the NFC East, which will still be a very good team, to follow it up with going on the road to another NFC East team if they win.

I can definitely see NFC as Eagles #1, Vikings #2, Bucs #3, 49ers #4, Cowboys #5, Commanders #6, Seahawks #7 when the season ends. I think the NY Jets and Giants fade as the season goes on because teams will hone in on Barkley and Daniel Jones isn't good enough to win games on his arm.

Kevin mentioned this morning how he went to far and he saw him high fiving colts players and David Thornton. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kevin mentioned this morning how he went to far and he saw him high fiving colts players and David Thornton. 

Current, or former ones? If current, why would current players high five Sirianni after a loss?

If former ones, they can do as they please, no different than a fan.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Pretty sure, a clasped shoulder level hand shake can be mistaken for a high five too. Most NFL guys stand taller and the hand shake has to be at a higher level than Sirianni, I would guess.

Most likely, it is him saying hi to players he knew and spent years with here. Everyone is just salty after a loss, including Kevin, and is grasping at straws to make him look bad, that is all I see.

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Pretty sure, a clasped shoulder level hand shake can be mistaken for a high five too. Most NFL guys stand taller and the hand shake has to be at a higher level than Sirianni, I would guess.

Most likely, it is him saying hi to players he knew and spent years with here. Everyone is just salty after a loss, including Kevin, and is grasping at straws to make him look bad, that is all I see.

That isn’t what he did. Not only this he had a smerk talking about Reich after. It was just off putting.

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That isn’t what he did. Not only this he had a smerk talking about Reich after. It was just off putting.

Yeah his post game presser really told the story. Smirking and talking about Reich. Like he did it for Reich lmao . Like I said If I won a game I would hug my players and coaches and jump up and down but he took it way over the top. Win with class because you never know when you will be at the end of a bad Ref jobbing or losing a game that you just blow. I usually lose with class but I can't get over that non-facemask call on Matt because so much was on the line. It's over now and done with, the REFS can apologize all they want but the outcome won't change.

20 hours ago, Smonroe said:

This game was as close as the score.  And I really think the teams are that close. 

They obviously have an outstanding QB, a guy who took the team on his shoulders.  

Hate to lose, and this stings after having the lead for most of the game.  

But I’m liking this team again.  I couldn’t say that two weeks ago.  

At least you guys compete. My boys just get our butts kicked.

I felt that we squandered opportunities to put this game out of reach.

3rd quarter we get ball deep in Philly territory and only come up with 3 points.

We missed FG in 2nd half.

Taylor fumble when we were driving, 

Ryan hits Campbell with big play and we have ball on their 5 yard line and we only get 3 points.

If we could have produce more points on those opportunities - heck we only needed another 3 points we would have won.

Other than opening drive, the offense was largely stagnant most of the game and it certainly didnt help with 4 sacks and multiple penalties on the Line that put us in 3rd and long situations for most of the game.

This team has been an embarrassment and Uber disappointing for many years. 

Bad decisions by the triad has put us in this malaise and it may take 2-3 years to finally say we are a good team. 

Nelson, Kelly and Smith we all once considered top lineman but something got in their heads or hearts. This regression is noteworthy and very undeniable. We had a top offensive line and now it’s not even serviceable. 

We had to go 40-45 yards in 1:30 to get an fg attempt but our line was manhandled and couldn’t even block when the game is on the line. 

SOFT is the result of the last 5 years and Irsay doesn’t know what to do but hope a dear friend could fix the disfunction that is getting worse every year. It’s maddening what’s happened to our offense   

22 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The defense didnt but the offense is still the worst in the league

True, but surprisingly, they made some plays. Too bad they couldn't finish. 

But yes, they're putrid. 

Thought things had turned around after that first amazing drive. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What did the Philly coach do? That doesnt surprise me with that team. A classmate of mine told me he went to a Eagles Giants game back in the Late 2000s. He said the Eagle fans were throwing Hot Dogs and ketchup at Giant fans. The Philly fans asked my classmate who are you a fan of? He lied and said Eagles just to avoid getting stuff thrown at him. 

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Buddy, they can't score past 20. That's JV offense. Hell the opening drive score was the first time we scored any points on the first drive this year

I'm not your buddy, pal. 

They scored 25 last week. 

You can have all the unreasonable expectations you want for this team, but I won't be mad at a 1 point loss to the best team in the NFL, especially since we led for 58 minutes. 

If we won out, you'd have people on this forum crying about not tanking. 

We literally tank at the last minute, and people are whining that the team sucks and we should have won. 

2 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Hey CR do you guys draft a QB in the offseason or do you go back with the backup?

Depends on how aggressive Ballard is. Right now, I'm not sure we get inside the top 10 and there are a lot of QB needy teams.

Just now, Dark_Indy said:

I'm not your buddy, pal. 

They scored 25 last week. 

You can have all the unreasonable expectations you want for this team, but I won't be mad at a 1 point loss to the best team in the NFL, especially since we led for 58 minutes. 

If we won out, you'd have people on this forum crying about not tanking. 

We literally tank at the last minute, and people are whining that the team sucks and we should have won. 

Clap clap. They got 25. How about the other 9 games? 

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Moving goalposts? We've scored 20 twice. TWICE! You call that a good offense?

Reality is what you make it I guess. 

Your stats are just flat wrong. We have scored 20+ in four games this season. 

I guess you can't be bothered to Google things before you say them. 

Archived