Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is everyone still seriously this upset at this loss?

twfish

1 minute ago, Dark_Indy said:

Reality is what you make it I guess. 

Your stats are just flat wrong. We have scored 20+ in four games this season. 

I guess you can't be bothered to Google things before you say them. 

I meant past 20. My bad

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CR91 said:

Look at my first post. It says past 20

Your claim was refuted, and now you're changing the parameters of your statistics. Whatever you claim, you're going to dig the statistics in such a way that it benefits the narrative you're trying to promote. 

Pointless conversation if we get to walk back every point with "I actually meant uh...." and portray statistics in an oddball way. "Past 20"? Why not just say 21 if that's what you mean, because "Past 20" =/= X>20

9 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

Your claim was refuted, and now you're changing the parameters of your statistics. Whatever you claim, you're going to dig the statistics in such a way that it benefits the narrative you're trying to promote. 

Pointless conversation if we get to walk back every point with "I actually meant uh...." and portray statistics in an oddball way. "Past 20"? Why not just say 21 if that's what you mean, because "Past 20" =/= X>20

So you're reflecting the fact they've score PAST 20 twice because I mistyped. Oh brother. If that's what you think is a good offense, then you clearly have no clue what a good offense is.

57 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So you're reflecting the fact they've score PAST 20 twice because I mistyped. Oh brother. If that's what you think is a good offense, then you clearly have no clue what a good offense is.

No, but your inability to read or construct a coherent argument continues. 

I only disagreed that this offense was not a "JV Offense".

28 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

No, but your inability to read or construct a coherent argument continues. 

I only disagreed that this offense was not a "JV Offense".

And I'm asking you how is scoring past 20 only twice and only scoring once this season on our opening drive not a JV offense?

13 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

I really think Rodgers era is over here. He will never win anything here so I think we should move on and he should too.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see the Colts trade for Love and the Packers draft a quarterback.  Packers should draft inside the top 10 and the Colts could draft a LT with their 1st pick.  No secret Ballard loved Love when he came out.

2 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Holy cow, after seeing how bad Love is 3 years into his pro career do you really think Ballard would trade for him now??? 

How bad is he really?   How much has he played with Rogers starting?  Rodgers didn’t play much behind Favre and he didn’t turn out to be too bad.  He is a 1st rd pick who has been sitting behind a mvp and hall of famer.  I don’t think anyone knows how good or bad he is.  You can bet Rodgers didn’t do anything to help develop him.  If Ballard is the GM it wouldn’t surprise me at all.  It’s definitely possible imo.

I was never upset.  When they squandered all those chances in the third quarter I said its the Washington game all over again and sure enough…

This is who this team is.  They aren’t good except at finding ways to lose and shooting them selves in the foot.  

i watch and pull for them because I am a Colts fan but I am past being mad when they lose.  I expect it.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

How bad is he really?   How much has he played with Rogers starting?  Rodgers didn’t play much behind Favre and he didn’t turn out to be too bad.  He is a 1st rd pick who has been sitting behind a mvp and hall of famer.  I don’t think anyone knows how good or bad he is.  You can bet Rodgers didn’t do anything to help develop him.  If Ballard is the GM it wouldn’t surprise me at all.  It’s definitely possible imo.

14 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Holy cow, after seeing how bad Love is 3 years into his pro career do you really think Ballard would trade for him now??? 

But if the Packers are willing to move on from him and draft another unknown quantity rookie QB with their first pick that would send up red flags for me.  I wouldn't be interested in giving up much for him.

14 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

The game was winnable, too many mental mistakes, fumbles, PI, and Ryan inability to go deep.

Close game, Colts just couldn't make the one play to put them over the top.

The PI was a 40 yard penalty so that really hurt.

But as others have said it hurts more because it was close

On 11/21/2022 at 8:22 AM, Myles said:

"Is everyone still seriously this upset at this loss?"

Of course.  If not, you are not a fan.  This loss pretty much put the Colts out of the playoffs.  I didn't expect to win, but as the game went on is became obvious we would be in it till the end.  

By that standard none of my wife's family would be fans of the Lions since they always expect them to lose and don't get upset.

40 minutes ago, gspdx said:

By that standard none of my wife's family would be fans of the Lions since they always expect them to lose and don't get upset.

How excited are they now that the Lions have won 3 in a row?  Now in the playoffs but with Jax, Chicago and Carolina left on the schedule, they could be close when the Season ends.

Other possible wins:

Jet's

Packers

Probable losses:

Vikings

Bills

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

How excited are they now that the Lions have won 3 in a row?  Now in the playoffs but with Jax, Chicago and Carolina left on the schedule, they could be close when the Season ends.

Other possible wins:

Jet's

Packers

Probable losses:

Vikings

Bills

The truth is they have no expectation that the Lions will compete this year.  They would be happy to see it, but years and years have conditioned them to not expect it.

2 minutes ago, gspdx said:

The truth is they have no expectation that the Lions will compete this year.  They would be happy to see it, but years and years have conditioned them to not expect it.

I can understand that.  You lose hope eventually but usually if a team starts looking good the emotions can run high about something as small as almost making the playoffs or finishing ahead of the Packers and Bears.

16 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

I really think Rodgers era is over here. He will never win anything here so I think we should move on and he should too.

hard to move with the 50 mill per price tag.

I watch the Pack most weeks with my son who became a Pack fan independently of the rest of the family..  Up until this year, ARodge was as good as it gets IMO.  This year he's a JAG and that is the bottom line.  He has been pretty inaccurate.  Adams being gone hurt, but Rodge looks pretty washed all the sudden.

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

I can understand that.  You lose hope eventually but usually if a team starts looking good the emotions can run high about something as small as almost making the playoffs or finishing ahead of the Packers and Bears.

Yes - it's pretty sad but I laugh :thmup:

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see the Colts trade for Love and the Packers draft a quarterback.  Packers should draft inside the top 10 and the Colts could draft a LT with their 1st pick.  No secret Ballard loved Love when he came out.

Love has shown nothing

N O spells NO I am NOT upset!!

The team stood toe-to-toe with one of the premiere teams in the league all the way to the bitter end.

Sure - a loss is a loss is a loss.

BUT - a month ago - we would have ALL thought the Colts would have gotten SMOKED in this game.  Right?

Something to be thankful for.

10 hours ago, richard pallo said:

The difference was that Rodgers looked like an elite QB when he got a chance to play behind Bret.  When Love has gotten chances go play behind Rodgers you are left wondering if Love should be in the league.  Need further proof.  The first chance they got to move on from Favre for Rodgers the Packers took it.  The Packers have had several chances to move on from Rodgers to Love and they have literally begged Rodgers to stay.  The Packers know Love better than anyone and if they aren’t comfortable to turn the team over to him I wouldn’t be willing to bet on him being your “guy” if you are facing a last chance situation like Ballard likely is.

On 11/22/2022 at 1:51 PM, Nickster said:

hard to move with the 50 mill per price tag.

I watch the Pack most weeks with my son who became a Pack fan independently of the rest of the family..  Up until this year, ARodge was as good as it gets IMO.  This year he's a JAG and that is the bottom line.  He has been pretty inaccurate.  Adams being gone hurt, but Rodge looks pretty washed all the sudden.

Rumor has it he’s been playing with a broken thumb. 

On 11/22/2022 at 11:01 AM, richard pallo said:

I don’t think you guys should try to acquire Love. I think the Colts should draft a QB just like we should too.

1 minute ago, Arodgers12 said:

I don’t think you guys should try to acquire Love. I think the Colts should draft a QB just like we should too.

Fwiw I read where if Love came out last year he would have been the number one quarterback prospect in the class.  I don’t know much about Love and his work in GB but it’s not hard to see he was in a bad situation there.  No win really for a 1st rd pick playing behind Rodgers.  Switched head coaches too I believe.  I don’t think he should be quickly dismissed at this stage of his career.  All I know is a change of scenery worked out pretty well for Jimmy G.  And he was a 2nd rd pick.

1 hour ago, Arodgers12 said:

No he’s lost his greatness. Would you like him being a Colt next year.

Well certainly not for 50.  I think our team needs to go young at QB.  We are really a mess salary wise IMO.  High pay for secondary positions and inadequate players at the premium positions.  Rodgers would despise playing behind this line too.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

A bad wr Corp will do that

It’s more than that.  Rodge won a game with something like 4th string and lower receivers last year.  

He’s not as good as last year.  Adams loss was big, but I think there’s more to Rodgers decline in production.

On 11/24/2022 at 9:56 PM, Nickster said:

It’s more than that.  Rodgers won a game with something like 4th string and lower receivers last year.  

He’s not as good as last year.  Adams loss was big, but I think there’s more to Rodgers decline in production.

He has also gotten tired of his team not playing complementary football. How many years has it been that the GB defense gets gashed by the run? By the 49ers and Falcons in NFCCG appearances in 2019 and 2016, and so on...it is such a recurring theme.

We thought Tom Brady was washed up after the 2019 season too when he lost in the wild card round vs the Titans. But when he got OL support, running game and pass catchers, he won it all in 2020. This off season, 2 OL guys left the Bucs, 1 went to the Bengals and it is showing up now. 1 guy, their star center, went down at the beginning of the season and just heard Tristan Wirfs is going to miss 3-4 weeks. Not what he signed up for when he chose to come out of retirement. No QB is Superman when the support around him crumbles. 

I can 100% bet that if we had rolled the dice on Aaron Rodgers instead of Matt Ryan and given up 2 first rounders for him in exchange for the Packers eating some of his contract, we would be sitting pretty in the division, at least splitting with the Titans and sweeping the Jaguars. Ds won't be squatting at the 10 yard level and he knows to throw it away and can do boot legs etc. Our O would have looked different. 

We should have stuck with Wentz and kept the band aid on otherwise.

Not at all upset over the Steelers loss.  Its obvious that the 3-7 Steelers have better talent on offense and just as good of talent on defense....they pretty much dominated the game except in the 3rd Q.

It was the result of good coaching of bad talent is why we were near .500 all season long.

Archived