Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Deon Jackson

Defjamz26

How many times is that now that we’ve seen a player lower on the depth chart outplay there guys in front of them? He looks better than Hines has the past couple of gains, granted Hines went out early this game. We’ve seen some of these LBs like Speed and Franklin play just as well as Leonard minus the turnover ability. Rodgers looks better than Kenny,etc… I think there’s a major lineup issue on this team. And like most people have alluded too, there are definitely some guys on this team who are not playing up to their contracts. 

Hines, he still lacks vision for running between the tackles, he is not that kind of RB, IMO. 

Deon Jackson isn't that much better but when the OL gave the blocks, he did plenty with it and the significant difference from Hines, yards after contact like a true early down back, that tells me all I need to know.

Hines also does not turn the corner well at speed or have an abundance of agility like a typical APB should.  The first swing pass he dropped, but I wonder if he actually would have made that defender miss or would have gotten hit on the ankle then lost his balance.

Hines on the bench was a real plus, Rodgers on the field was a much better matchup. Kelly on the bench works for me.

Franklin, got burned time after time.
 I LIKED the o-line changes. Yes it would be better to work Raimann in slower.

He Hopefully, cleans up his holding technique quickly. lol
  Maybe they stick with it and they get better. Smith showed a lack of foot speed to get to some blocks. UGH!

Funny we would have all agreed Pierce was no Cooper Kupp.

He had a head turning bunch of great catches and showed some moves.

Maybe Irsay has his thumb on some of these changes! 

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hines, he still lacks vision for running between the tackles, he is not that kind of RB, IMO. 

Deon Jackson isn't that much better but when the OL gave the blocks, he did plenty with it and the significant difference from Hines, yards after contact like a true early down back, that tells me all I need to know.

He was ready. Frank better get his ____ together NOW!!!

7 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Hines on the bench was a real plus, Rodgers on the field was a much better matchup. Kelly on the bench works for me.

Maybe they stick with it and they get better. Smith showed a lack of foot speed to get to some blocks. UGH!

He is still not a Cooper Kupp except for matching skin color. :) 

He plays more like Alshon Jeffrey that I compared him to, with high pointing tough catches and catching with his hands than letting balls get to his body. Fits as outside WR just like Alshon.

Yes, Hines on the bench was a plus. 

I wouldn't say Hines on the bench is a plus. Guys like Hines and Campbell are niche type players, very good with the ball in their hands, so you have to get it to them in the right plays and scheme them open. Problem is our coach has absolutely ZERO clue how to use and put guys in positions to utilize their strengths.

1 hour ago, NorthernColt said:

I wouldn't say Hines on the bench is a plus. Guys like Hines and Campbell are niche type players, very good with the ball in their hands, so you have to get it to them in the right plays and scheme them open. Problem is our coach has absolutely ZERO clue how to use and put guys in positions to utilize their strengths.

Under Frank Hines already has a couple seasons when he was Well Used.

Must be why they made him a top ten paid RB.
  He IS NOT a good runner. We had all we needed from his niche with Campbell so it was Great that he wasn't there to kill our running game. JMO

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

He plays more like Alshon Jeffrey that I compared him to, with high pointing tough catches and catching with his hands than letting balls get to his body. Fits as outside WR just like Alshon.

I didn't see any Alshon in his game last night. It was more like Reggie/Kupp.

He was slashing, diving, wrestling for balls. WHAT Hands!! Incredible!

He has an ELITE Burst.

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I agree with all what you said except I think we should try Dennis at RT Pryor needs to be bench the rookie got called on some holdings but at least he made contact with the defender to be able to hold him but I thought 2 of them was Matt being flushed out from the right running left which lead to holding. FrAnklin is good in the run game a.walker ish but not the best in pass coverage. I think when/if we get Shaq back to him self with Bobby, speed and Franklin it’s gonna be a good rotation. Moore gets beat constantly almost every play he did make a nice punch out doe. I don’t think we can bench Moore but he need less snaps 50/50 cause I’m watching the game and he out their jogging or he just that slow. Bobby chased down the screen play saving td while Moore was dogging it jogging 

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Hines is no star...he was a 4th round pick, 104 overall...he has been promoted and touted by Colts brass for years now as something wonderful and been occupying the #2RB spot IN ERROR...he is nothing. In fact, he occupies the position of #2RB that could (and should) be easily filled by Jackson or someone else.

21 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Franklin didn’t too terrible Thursday at least

12 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Hines is no star...he was a 4th round pick, 104 overall...he has been promoted and touted by Colts brass for years now as something wonderful and been occupying the #2RB spot IN ERROR...he is nothing. In fact, he occupies the position of #2RB that could (and should) be easily filled by Jackson or someone else.

I agree. Jackson did better that I expected and Jackson can BLOCK that’s the biggest thing that stood out to be. He sees where the rush is and blocks it. Problem is , the rush is everywhere

One would hope that Jackson gets some more playing time going forward. He’s a much better inside runner than Hines and appears to pick up the blitz better as well. 
Whether it’s misuse by the coaches or just being perpetually over-rated,  Hines isn’t the impact player the Colts keep hoping will appear. 
Time to start giving others a shot. This offense needs any and every boost it can find. 

On 10/7/2022 at 9:45 AM, throwing BBZ said:

Yep...Hines and R.Kelly on the bench (or gone) work for me.

On 10/7/2022 at 7:37 AM, DougDew said:

Hines also does not turn the corner well at speed or have an abundance of agility like a typical APB should.  The first swing pass he dropped, but I wonder if he actually would have made that defender miss or would have gotten hit on the ankle then lost his balance.

Doubtful.  I’ve yet to see him make a man miss this year.

On 10/7/2022 at 7:27 AM, Defjamz26 said:

How many times is that now that we’ve seen a player lower on the depth chart outplay there guys in front of them? He looks better than Hines has the past couple of gains, granted Hines went out early this game. We’ve seen some of these LBs like Speed and Franklin play just as well as Leonard minus the turnover ability. Rodgers looks better than Kenny,etc… I think there’s a major lineup issue on this team. And like most people have alluded too, there are definitely some guys on this team who are not playing up to their contracts. 

I never understood the Hines signing

On 10/8/2022 at 11:59 AM, Hoose said:

One would hope that Jackson gets some more playing time going forward. He’s a much better inside runner than Hines and appears to pick up the blitz better as well. 
Whether it’s misuse by the coaches or just being perpetually over-rated,  Hines isn’t the impact player the Colts keep hoping will appear. 
Time to start giving others a shot. This offense needs any and every boost it can find. 

Players like Jackson really question the signing of a running backs to 2nd contracts. Even guys like Taylor.

17 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Players like Jackson really question the signing of a running backs to 2nd contracts. Even guys like Taylor.

This.  Its basically a given that JT will want extended this offseason. I truly hope we can either have a friendly deal for both sides that allows us to escape if injuries mount but pays him if he produces, or not extend him at all. Personally, I would not mind if we traded him this offseason if they identify a QB to move up for. 

18 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I don’t see how Hines ever got resigned tbh. Keeping your own guys just for the sake of keeping them is silly. Especially when players lower on the depth chart come in and out produce them. 

I think if they actually have Woods the snaps, he could out-produce MAC, who is another guy who we could’ve let walk and saved money. The money you pay Hines and MAC could’ve been used on Charles Leno last year or Terron Armstead this year.

On 10/7/2022 at 9:48 AM, chad72 said:

Reminds me of beckham and julio jones

On 10/9/2022 at 2:44 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

I never understood the Hines signing

I understood it.   But that was based on the thought that the Colts would use him as a Sproles type of back which Frank is not capable of scheming up.  

21 hours ago, krunk said:

Jackson isnt a receiving back the way Hines is. I mean youre not going to be able to line Jackson up in the slot or out wide the way you can with Hines. Weve had some games when Hines ran the ball well. 

Hines he not lived up to his contract. Period. It was a mistake to give him a big raise since he has now shown that he isn’t the super gadget guy they hoped for. A better backup for Taylor is needed. Time to send him packing after this year. 

30 minutes ago, Myles said:

I understood it.   But that was based on the thought that the Colts would use him as a Sproles type of back which Frank is not capable of scheming up.  

Hines never showed me enough leading up to the contract. Even though he ran z 4.3, I rarely saw that explosion and he has no wiggle. Ballard's second contracts have been a disaster 

Archived