Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts at Jax Post Game Thoughts (G2)

EastStreet

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Let's move on. I did not watch the game. What went wrong in this game? Has Ryan been an upgrade from Wentz of last year? The defense seems to miss Leonard, no?

Yeah they need Leonard bad.  Please Leonard play next week.  His energy is infectious and that’s part of what bothered me today, the.Colts were just flat.  The other thing is Leonard is master at forcing turnovers and nothing knocks a team out of momentum like getting a big turnover.  

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah good to remember none of us no matter how positive or negative had any impact on what happened on the field.  We are fans.  Some are going to see the bright side some are going to see the negative.  Nothing wrong with that.  I will say after today though I am having a hard time finding the positive and I try to be positive because well I like the Colts.  With that said I’ve noticed this place has been becoming more toxic lately with people attacking anyone who doesn’t agree with them because they don’t agree.  I’d just say attack the argument and not the person and remember none of us are Frank Reich or Chris Ballard lol.

basketball wives GIF by VH1

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This is how bad Reich is prodding. He makes them practice hard in the hest when he should of looked at the forcast and had them practicing wet ball drills.

Stop! Played in dome last week and most couldn't have caught a cold... Even when Houston A/C blaring in the stadium! 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

basketball wives GIF by VH1

its different when we are all colt fans .  if its a general nfl forum or twitter i defend the colts no matter what but here i let my guard down and tell the truth how i really feel about the team .   you should try it   , it feels so good to bash the team for wasting 3 hours watching them get beat down .  let it out

I don't take any solace in the Colts losing any games, especially from supposed lesser teams. 

With that said, there are a few of us on here that told the majority, this team would not take the next level steps, and we have always been looked upon as if we didn't know what we were talking about.

I, along with others, knew Ryan wasn't going to make a difference. 39-year-old Matt Ryan is not very good anymore. He will look great here and there, but he is not consistent enough. Should have never been brought here. 

I, along with others, also told you all this team had more mediocre players that true playmakers and a lot of you on here chastised me for it. I have been especially chastised on my never-ending rant about needing to spend money on WR's and here we are... What say now?

Now do you all know why Kirk got what he got monetarily. He has a 16-yard average through 2 weeks with 2 tuddies, and 195 yards. 6/95 and touch weekly average from start of the season. Wouldn't each of you like that opposite Pittman? Or would you rather have a project rookie?

Ballard gave 80 mil to a guard. I was screaming this should not happen because guards don't score points. That money could have gone towards Kirk or Hill or whoever besides a guard. Ballard has a lot of money tied up in stupid positions. 

I, along with others, told you all Bradley was a terrible choice.

I truly believe it's time for this forum to take us "don't what we are talking about" posters a little more seriously moving forward. 

The Colts issues have been not going after sure things and putting too much stock in project guys or has-been guys at key positions that might be great once they are coached up. That doesn't/won't work when your coaching is below average and that is what we have currently in Indianapolis.

This team is a clown show. Trying to play smash mouth in a league dominated by the aerial attack. Ballard's vision is from the NFL of yesteryear. 

At this point, we as a team should get out of the way and tank for a QB that could lead this franchise. If we end up middle of the pack, we won't get that shot I'm guessing. Sad, yes, I know

-Peace

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

God was good to me today. For the first time ever my NFL TICKET would not function today so I watched a great game between Pittsburgh and New England. It was said today no team has started 0-2 and made the playoffs but that is wrong.

I think Seattle went 3 or 4 years ago and someone else did., not too long ago.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I want a new HC and new OL coach. 

Do you think Defo is bad? We know he's obviously talented. We saw Autry and Houston play better with other teams.

Smith has regressed. Our OL has gotten soft since the OL coach changed. 

replace Reich  with John  fox  lest he won with 2 sb,s

- There is obviously a lot of season left and, based on past history with the Ballard and Reich regime, I do expect the team to contend in this division.  However, similar to the feeling I had after the Baltimore MNF collapse last year, I have absolutely zero hope of making any noise in the playoffs (if they do make it) and ultimately see this team having very little improvement in the W-L record compared to 2021.  Real championship level teams do not start the season by going 0-1-1 against the likes of Jax and Houston with respective deficits of 17 and 24 points and a max lead of 3 points in those games. 

- Going in depth with the above though, it is a major problem (and ultimately one that may end up costing Ballard and Reich their jobs in the next several months) that their build has resulted in a team whose ceiling is between the average to slightly above average category.   

- Its not rocket science: a combination of pass rush on defense which disrupts the timing of the opposing QB, passing offense (which includes pass protection) and dynamic talent at QB, pass catchers is what translates into wins in the current NFL.  We can try to ignore it, buck the trend, etc, but with the way the rules are, the game is officiated and evolving talent of those who come into the league, trying to build a team to truly contend for a championship any other way is a fools errand.  Unfortunately, that is exactly what our "smartest man in the room" GM continues to try to do and, as a long time fan, it is very frustrating to watch.  

- Ultimately, the buck stops with Irsay.  He has to realize that two eras in the last 25+ years that this franchise was marquee were proceeded by seasons in which the franchise "earned" the No. 1 overall pick which allowed the access, opportunity for young, blue chip talent to come on board at the most important position in football making it easier and more direction to build the team.  The band-aid in this regard needed to be ripped off in the past three years to try and find the next long term answer instead of just treading water with stopgap, past their prime or buy low reclamation projects at QB.    

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

its different when we are all colt fans .  if its a general nfl forum or twitter i defend the colts no matter what but here i let my guard down and tell the truth how i really feel about the team .   you should try it   , it feels so good to bash the team for wasting 3 hours watching them get beat down .  let it out

Or….

Meditation Namaste GIF by Miguel

54 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We are really close to apathy setting in with the fan base. That can take years to overcome. Fans start showing up. They decide to do other things with their time. 

I think apathy is an appropriate word. The guy I was watching with today said. “Look, I’ll watch and can accept a loss if it’s competitive, but not this”.  A loss is one thing but whatever today and week 18 of last year was is just terrible. I love the Colts but I’ll find something else to do on Sundays if there going to embarrass themselves 

21 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

Stop! Played in dome last week and most couldn't have caught a cold... Even when Houston A/C blaring in the stadium! 

Serious everyone thought Colts did such a good job coming back. Uh, Houston Def was starting to get gas and played conservative. Did it about bite them in the **S yes but we were still so bad we couldn't pull the win out....

I watched a game when AC was still playing and he blocked a defender and then just stood there. The defender ran past and made a tackle. Saw a play today to the right side that apparently was called for a certain WR, the wide receiver on the left side threw 1 block and just stood there. Why wouldn't that receiver try to make himself available? Play isn't over till the whistle blows.  I don't know if it's bad play calling, but I just haven't seen enough of our players doing what ever it takes to extend a play or help out more. I still believe in our team and have since 1984. My dad was an instant fan when they moved here and I'm thankful they won a SB before he succumbed to Agent Orange. I still think a leader needs to step up and address issues in a player only locker room, then take those issues to management and make it known what those issues are.

Just now, NFLfan said:

It's mind-boggling. Many fans from all teams seem not to support their team when they are not winning. 

I’ve been a fan my entire life. I’m 30. I will still be a fan but I may not watch games if it’s Frank coaching things. I say that and then tune in every Sunday anyways lol watched the whole game today even though it ruins my whole day. 

so what does one do? If you see it’s ruining an entire day do you just take it like a man? At the end of said day all you have is your one life. So if it’s effecting your quality of life should you keep watching? Honest questions here. 

I haven't been able to watch live Colt Sunday afternoon games for 17 years because I was always working. This year I can watch, but guess what, I predicted a Colt loss to this team that we are atleast 18 points better than, so I went for a bike ride today on this beautiful Sunday afternoon here in western Pa. with my beautiful girlfriend we had a great time. I haven't watched the game yet but I will later on. I did watch parts of the 4 o'clock games.. Some really bad football. Sometimes as football fans you just know when things aren't going to go your way. We started 0-3 last year, 1-5 in 2018. Slow starts are a given with this team. Does anyone know Al Woods is Seatles best defensive lineman?

4 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

I’ve been a fan my entire life. I’m 30. I will still be a fan but I may not watch games if it’s Frank coaching things. I say that and then tune in every Sunday anyways lol watched the whole game today even though it ruins my whole day. 

so what does one do? If you see it’s ruining an entire day do you just take it like a man? At the end of said day all you have is your one life. So if it’s effecting your quality of life should you keep watching? Honest questions here. 

I'm 31 and I've been a fan since 13. This week like last week I stopped watching halfway through. Last week I chopped wood. This week I brought my daughter to ballet practice and didn't worry about watching the game. 

In the end, it is just entertainment. And I find nothing entertaining about watching my team get smacked both ways up and down the field. There is so much more to life.

That being said, I'll tune into the game Sunday ready to go! Lol although we'll probably get our butts smacked. Then I'll just do something else. This is the mind of a demented sports fan :lol:

Archived