Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts at Jax Post Game Thoughts (G2)

EastStreet

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Speaking of the offensive line, that unit is no longer elite and hasn’t been in two solid years. A group that became the backbone of this team in 2018 and remained stellar through 2020 has regressed considerably. Ballard’s line is eating up $42.2 million of the team’s salary cap space this season — most in the league — while allowing seven sacks and 18 hits on Ryan in just two games.

Kelly is average and Smith has been terrible. Pinter is not stout enough and Pryor is a turnstile. Is what it is.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, I'll just be keeping track of it on gametracker where i don't have to pay much attention to it next week. I have a good idea of what to expect now. Not worth my full attention. Even if everyone is back and healthy, it's still the Chiefs, and I have no confidence in this team to beat them after what I saw in the first two games.

Generally 0-1-1 is recoverable, but when it's against the Texans and Jags, and you get dominated like that, it makes me really not care, especially when it's obvious how bad of a coach we have. Only way I watch live is if Reich gets fired before we play the Chiefs next week.

its really hard to watch every game when your team starts losing .  i admit after going  0-11 in  in 2011 i started to check out half way through the games .  i did end up watching the colts beat the texans and watched hoping they would lose to the jags to get luck .    its tough watching curtis painter and dan orlesky playing , its like watching paint dry .    its hard to sit through a 64-0 prime time game watching mathis breathing heavy on the sidelines with his head down .  at least in 2017 jacoby showed some promise and kept games interesting so i watched them all .   

2 minutes ago, Coltsbluefan said:

It just feels like it’s time to blow things up and start over,Ballard and Reich are not the answer.

I think that’s coming at seasons end if they don’t get it figured out fast.  Ballard MIGHT be able to survive this but let’s be honest his hands are a mess in this as much as Frank’s.

4 hours ago, stitches said:

I don't think I trust him with any of the high value positions. QBs, WRs, TEs... anything related to the pass-game has been underwhelming. pretty much his only hit is Pittman. That's in 6 years... 

Given his history for wanting to draft guys with crazy athletic profiles, I definitely don’t trust him to draft a QB. It seems like Anthony Richardson would be right up his ally. He’d be another Ben Banogu. 

I agree that he doesn’t seem to hit offensively. TBH when he doesn’t get cute and drafts guys that actually make sense, he hits. Pittman and Taylor have proven to be great picks and I like Paye as well. But he passed on Terry McLaurin, AJ Brown, and DK Metcalf for Rock Ya Sin and Banogu. 

It’s tough because he’s had a lot of big hits too with Leonard, Nelson, Smith, Pittman, Moore, and JT. 3 guys he drafted are arguably all best at their position. But man the guys he misses on…it’s hard to see the WR depth the way it is when you’ve had multiple opportunities to upgrade it via the draft.

Like I said I’m more disappointed in Frank because he’s got multiple flaws that hold the team back, but you do have to start looking at Ballard as well. 

IDK what the plan is moving forward because if this ends up being a disappointing season (which looks likely) obviously you have to upgrade some positions regardless of if there’s a coaching change, but is that ideal? Do you trust Ballard to go in and be able to figure out long term QB, Edge rusher, and CB?

I mean if we go into the offseason and the plan is the same Ballard strategy (cheap FAs that don’t move the needle  super athletic draft picks that need time to develop, and darts at late round picks) then will that solve anything? Especially if some of the picks don’t hit. 

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

He wasn't overrated until inserted to a conservative read/react D. Now in new scheme, that's conservative.

And I wonder about impact of Reich on D too. 

Autry had a great year last season. New scheme... 

dude love you.  You’re a broken record.  

that team kicked our adz man on man along the fronts.  That’s all there is to it.  Mohammed or Jesus Christ couldn’t call plays for this team today.

Hey maybe we can call Center Groves coach in and run Wing T with our LG, RT and C and have Sam as QB.

how did your boy Pryor look today?

you hated flus 2 gapping.  How’s that vaunted  1 gapping looking?

are you going to own your separation stats today?

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Well we could be in first place next week if we beat KC lol.

Honestly that’s why there aren’t going to be major changes tomorrow.  It’s just too early in the season.  We’ve seen this team follow up bad games like this with shocking wins under Reich.  Do I expect the Colts to beat the Chiefs?  Um no.  Would it completely shock me if they pull something out of their behinds and do it?  No.  

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Honestly that’s why there aren’t going to be major changes tomorrow.  It’s just too early in the season.  We’ve seen this team follow up bad games like this with shocking wins under Reich.  Do I expect the Colts to beat the Chiefs?  Um no.  Would it completely shock me if they pull something out of their behinds and do it?  No.  

I think Irsay is going to be watching practice closely this week and the mood that is going on.

6 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

Get through the season and being in Eric Bieniemy (may have spelled that wrong) 

No. He has interviewed with almost every team and no one wants him.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I think Irsay is going to be watching practice closely this week and the mood that is going on.

No. He has interviewed with almost every team and no one wants him.

Frankly I’d like a proven coach this time around if the make move like the Jags got with Pederson.  Not sure who will be out there but I don’t like this hoping we find the next great head coach bit.  It hasn’t worked with the last three guys (although I’d seriously consider Caldwell if my choices were him Pagano or Frank).

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

dude love you.  You’re a broken record.  

that team kicked our adz man on man along the fronts.  That’s all there is to it.  Mohammed or Jesus Christ couldn’t call plays for this team today.

Hey maybe we can call Center Groves coach in and run Wing T with our LG, RT and C and have Sam as QB.

how did your both Pryor look today?

you hated flus 2 gapping.  How’s that vaunted  1 gapping looking?

are you going to own your separation stats today?

I saw WRs open... just not the 1st shallow reads lol...

In general, the team won't play for Reich. 

Why Smith great one year, horrible the next. 

We got pressure last week. Why not this week. IDK lol... 

Couldn't watch close 1Q (finishing cooking), and checked out a little late lol...

But IIRC, Smith gave up 2 sacks, 1 Pinter, 1 Q, and 1 Pryor... I'd have to re-watch or wait till stats come out to confirm. 

Team checked out... more than me...  lol

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I don’t know why but after today I found myself imagining Jimmy G in a Colts uniform.  To think he was on the trade bloc for the entire off-season.   And now he might just save the 49er’s season.

That’s the old saying sometimes the best trades you make are the ones you don’t make.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Couldn't watch close 1Q (finishing cooking), and checked out a little late lol...

But IIRC, Smith gave up 2 sacks, 1 Pinter, 1 Q, and 1 Pryor... I'd have to re-watch or wait till stats come out to confirm. 

Our lines got manhandled.  Beginning, middle, and end of story.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Frankly I’d like a proven coach this time around if the make move like the Jags got with Pederson.  Not sure who will be out there but I don’t like this hoping we find the next great head coach bit.  It hasn’t worked with the last three guys (although I’d seriously consider Caldwell if my choices were him Pagano or Frank).

Look how bad Hackett was today. I agree proven guy.

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We got almost no pressure last week till overtime.  They were no good at all rushing the passer through 4 Qs.  I think 4 of the 8 pressures last week were in OT.

our personnel is waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy over rated.

but I don’t care about Frank.  We are going no where as an org with or without him.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

A name to watch might be Arians.  Wouldn’t be the first time he’s been talked out of retirement.  Clearly Payton is the guy everyone is going to want but I don’t think that happens.

Hustling Pay Day GIF

Jim should invite Payton over for a jam session and also hand over a bag of cash for future employment.. Lol

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Hustling Pay Day GIF

Jim should invite Payton over for a jam session and also hand over a bag of cash for future employment.. Lol

Problem is going to be Payton is going to have his pick of jobs and there might be more attractive openings.  The other thing would be the Saints own his rights so how much are you willing to give up for him?

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Problem is going to be Payton is going to have his pick of jobs and there might be more attractive openings.  The other thing would be the Saints own his right so how much are you willing to give up for him?

Ahh, didn't know about the rights thing.

Fingers crossed we somehow figure the HC position out.

C'mon Jim!!!

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

We got almost no pressure last week till overtime.  They were no good at all rushing the passer through 4 Qs.  I think 4 of the 8 pressures last week were in OT.

our personnel is waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy over rated.

IIRC, zero pressure 1H. We started pressuring mid 3Q, and did decent from then. Did stunting and blitzing. 

5 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Raiders have more talent on the DL. The only person that showed up on the DL was Grover. Where was everyone else?

Dayo played well except the offsides penalty.  Grover and Dayo were winning their reps and that’s about it.  Dayo needs more reps.  Grover may need some pass rush snaps. He has been consistently destroying his man. 

The oline is an embarrassment.  For worse than the WR’s.  Pinter is getting humiliated out there.  Time to let Raimann play LT and rearrange the right side of the line.  Whether it be Smith, Pryor, or Fries it can’t be Pinter moving forward. 

MAC is not a #1 TE.  

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I recall when someone with a Mr. T avatar wrote that he wanted Dan Campbell over Frank Reich. The fans defended Frank. Just two games in, that loyalty to Frank is gone. 

Players are playing their butts off for Campbell. That’s going to be a fun team to watch this year. Goff looked fantastic 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Dayo played well except the offsides penalty.  Grover and Dayo were winning their reps and that’s about it.  Dayo needs more reps.  Grover may need some pass rush snaps. He has been consistently destroying his man. 

The oline is an embarrassment.  For worse than the WR’s.  Pinter is getting humiliated out there.  Time to let Raimann play LT and rearrange the right side of the line.  Whether it be Smith, Pryor, or Fries it can’t be Pinter moving forward. 

MAC is not a #1 TE.  

To try and save the season might be to move Nelson to LT. 

Archived