Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

19 minutes ago, Hoose said:

You may well be right but I do hope the Colts are on the phone with his agent. He’d be a cherry on top of the re-do we’ve seen on the D this off season. 
Just to continue the discussion: what do you think he’d cost? There isn’t much money left out there for anyone. 
Maybe $6-8m on a one year deal? Gets him back into the market next year with lots more money available. 

All fair questions….  And I’m really not sure?  

Bradberry signed a deal with the Giants for 3/43.5.    Crazy money.    Perhaps he’s willing to do a 1-year deal to get back on the market next year?   Seems likely and reasonable.   I think your $$$ sound right.   It’s got to be smaller than for Gilmore ($9-ish)  but still not insulting.   We likely have to beat out Washington and Philly….   And that may come down to dollars.       :giveup:

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We need a vet. He is also another option in the slot if Campbell gets hurt. We have so many x receivers right now. Strachan or Patmon could make it to the PS. 

Pierce is still very raw. He actually hasn’t even played WR that long. What if he can’t contribute as much as they think. 

Pierce isn't  that raw he will start 

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Pierce isn't  that raw he will start 

In certain ways he is raw. But he also has some qualities that can be utilized right away(explosiveness and speed as a deep threat), even as he's learning some of the more nuanced aspects of the NFL game. 

31 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He hasn’t played WR that long. He started as a DB.  He will be limited until he builds a full route tree.

That's not accurate. He's been a WR since his junior year in HS (played safety prior to that). He was a WR his freshman year at Cincinnati and switched to SAM LB (LB/S hybrid) during practice for the bowl game, but was back at WR the following season. I agree that he's still pretty raw from a technical perspective, but it's not because we was a DB that converted to WR.

I don’t know too much about Bradberry. From what I have read though he’s pretty good. Colts have the $ and could create plenty more $ if need be. I think we should try to go get this guy. I think our defense would be top 3 Unit with another good CB. 

1 hour ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I don’t know too much about Bradberry. From what I have read though he’s pretty good. Colts have the $ and could create plenty more $ if need be. I think we should try to go get this guy. I think our defense would be top 3 Unit with another good CB. 

I’d be for it.  One year deal or could see a longer, term higher money deal IF just really confident he will maintain as Gilmore transitions out as he gets older.

20 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Always happy when our guys are recognized.   Yet the latest example that our organization is widely regarded by other NFL teams. 

Off the top of my head now….  NYG, Philly, Chicago.    Maybe more to come…. 

I did not think we’d improve so drastically in one offseason.  When you really think about it, we have a really solid team now. 

What are our two weakest group now?  I would say LB depth and Interior Oline depth, but those two position groups are decently solid still

i’d go as far as saying that I PERSONALLY feel this is the the best team we’ve had the past 3 years

23 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

I did not think we’d improve so drastically in one offseason.  When you really think about it, we have a really solid team now. 

What are our two weakest group now?  I would say LB depth and Interior Oline depth, but those two position groups are decently solid still

i’d go as far as saying that I PERSONALLY feel this is the the best team we’ve had the past 3 years

This team has a lot of new parts. From defensive coaches to players. It’s pretty exciting. He made upgrades where it was needed. I don’t really see any weaknesses right now except maybe at WR. I still want a vet. Maybe one more vet CB.

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This team has a lot of new parts. From defensive coaches to players. It’s pretty exciting. He made upgrades where it was needed. I don’t really see any weaknesses right now except maybe at WR. I still want a vet. Maybe one more vet CB.

I was thinking the other day that with the amount of prospects in the WR room,  I’d like them to have more chances to showcase their talent.  I was onboard with TY, but with Wayne in the building, I think that eliminates the need to bring him back unfortunately.  Same thing with CB, I was somewhat rooting for Bradberry, but I sort of want to see how much more Rodgers can develop being featured more

3 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Love to see us adding depth along the Offensive Line. Colts must feel confident that the two TE's they drafted will be ready to go by the start of the season since they released two existing guys.

24 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Always expected to see that question at some point lol.  No, we’re two different posters boss.  Before the recent years, I used to go by “AddaiStillTruckedYou” 

But not RichardsonStillTrucketYou, because that would have been just wrong.

24 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

JMV said he was told don’t get your hopes up for TY because they are trying to bring in Julio Jones.  At this point it doesn’t matter which one as they are both older and injury prone. Then add Julio has history with Ryan. Zach Keefer said he doesn’t think they go after Julio either.

I dont think either thing happens.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

I dont think either thing happens.

I wouldn’t rule out a return by TY. But he’s not getting close to what he made last year and hopefully gets that. I love him….one of my favorites….. but Father Time has grabbed him by the ankles and his pay has to reflect that reality. 
I think he can contribute and brings a positive vet voice to the locker room and the WR group. Reggie Wayne is now a coach; TY is a player and that’s a different leadership beast. 

Demarcus Walker paid us a visit before going to the Titans next.

Another potential depth piece.

He had two great seasons to start his career before 3 "meh" seasons.

But as depth, he could play that big end role at 6'4 280 

Archived