Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

31 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The Colts could easily sign both players.  Jones would be inexpensive and the easier signing but I would rather sign Bradberry given a choice.  Biggest return on investment for sure.  Can’t have enough good corners in this passing league.   Too many good QB’s out there.

I would like to see Bradberry signed also . I just think another team will outbid us and I also believe the Colts want to extend Nelson. So maybe cap room might be a bit of an issue here.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, philba101 said:

That context might be due to this....

ESPN’s Bill Barnwell Predicts the Colts Will Sign Former Falcons Great Julio Jones:

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/5/12/23068925/espns-bill-barnwell-predicts-the-colts-will-sign-former-falcons-great-julio-jones

The nfl rumors Twitter is bad at reporting. They report predictions as actually rumors if that’s where it came from.

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The nfl rumors Twitter is bad at reporting. They report predictions as actually rumors if that’s where it came from.

Then why dignify their nonsense by sharing everything they post related to the Colts? Just like the fake NFL schedule leaks account you were posting. 

Want nonsense not true to go away?

Quit propagating it.  

29 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I would like to see Bradberry signed also . I just think another team will outbid us and I also believe the Colts want to extend Nelson. So maybe cap room might be a bit of an issue here.

You could have said the same thing about teams outbidding us for Gilmore yet here he is.  Signing with a contender is important for many of these players.  Not really worried about extending Nelson.  His revised cap hit will most likely go down.  I would guess they are having a hard time agreeing on the particulars of the contract itself.

33 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Then why dignify their nonsense by sharing everything they post related to the Colts? Just like the fake NFL schedule leaks account you were posting. 

Want nonsense not true to go away?

Quit propagating it.  

Because you know........this is pretty much the purpose of this thread! As I remember it's predecessor thread was created as a dump for whatever was out there because of the same argument on other threads. 

Matt Ryan is a God send, ask anyone except for Elle Duncan who is still butt hurt over Atlanta's SB loss in 2016/17 - she is from Atlanta and just trashes him. She blames him and he wasn't even why they lost. Comical lady I give her that. Imagine if she had Wentz or Tannehill at OB in Atlanta, man it would be rated R stuff coming out of her mouth.

47 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You could have said the same thing about teams outbidding us for Gilmore yet here he is.  Signing with a contender is important for many of these players.  Not really worried about extending Nelson.  His revised cap hit will most likely go down.  I would guess they are having a hard time agreeing on the particulars of the contract itself.

Of coarse .....you could say that about any free agent the Colts have signed in the last 3 or so years . I just don't see that big of a need at CB for Ballard to spend around 10 mill on. We have 4 pretty good ones and I have no idea of whether the Colts are even seriously considering signing Bradberry. So I'm basically saying that there probably is a team out there that has a bigger hole at CB than us and are more willing to spend on him. But he was quoted to say that he would take less than his market value to play with a contender. If I heard something reputable saying we are trying to sign him , I would feel more like you do.

12 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Of coarse .....you could say that about any free agent the Colts have signed in the last 3 or so years . I just don't see that big of a need at CB for Ballard to spend around 10 mill on. We have 4 pretty good ones and I have no idea of whether the Colts are even seriously considering signing Bradberry. So I'm basically saying that there probably is a team out there that has a bigger hole at CB than us and are more willing to spend on him. But he was quoted to say that he would take less than his market value to play with a contender. If I heard something reputable saying we are trying to sign him , I would feel more like you do.

Would u consider Albright credible as far as us having interest? https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/colts-reportedly-interested-free-agent-cb-james-bradberry

35 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

This is interesting. Lots of talent if I recall but several off field issues, right?

Yes a good talent out of Florida but had issues in college and pros. Hope he gets on the straight and narrow. 

1 hour ago, cjrulli said:

This is interesting. Lots of talent if I recall but several off field issues, right?

Correct.  Prior to the 2018 draft, he was discussed quite a bit on this board.  Several people on here (including me), wanted Colts to use a mid to late round pick him.  Very talented kid from Miami that flashed a lot of talent at Florida.  Probably could have been a late 1st rd or 2nd rd pick without the off field issues. 

He is still only 25 and this is low risk signing.  Hopefully he has his life together.

1 hour ago, Goatface Killah said:

Callaway could be a sneaky good pickup. 

He actually had a very good rookie year but the wheels came off after that.

Hopefully he will make the most of this.

Hopefully he can. And who doesn't love a good redemption story? 

Personally, I think he's likely on the first cutdown list. Mainly because I cannot imagine a scenario where the Colts would keep Callaway over guys like Patmon, Strachan or Dulin, who have been putting in the work and time learning the playbook. 

For a proven vet, maybe. But not for Callaway, who has had a laundry list of issues and injuries stemming back to college. Regardless of how I feel about the rules around marijuana, they were still the rules. 

But nothing wrong with them giving him a shot. At the very least, he will get some people looking at him again...and might be able to get on with another team.

5 hours ago, cjrulli said:

From what I remember the Colts had serious interest in him in the pre-draft process... but indeed there was series of off-field issues with him and some of them re-appeared in the league. If I remember correctly he actually had some promising games in his rookie year. I don't entirely remember what happened with him afterwards. 

51 minutes ago, stitches said:

From what I remember the Colts had serious interest in him in the pre-draft process... but indeed there was series of off-field issues with him and some of them re-appeared in the league. If I remember correctly he actually had some promising games in his rookie year. I don't entirely remember what happened with him afterwards. 

From a Colts Wire article:

Callaway has dealt with off-field issues during his career both in college and in the NFL.

In 2016, Callaway was accused of sexual misconduct but was found not responsible by an independent hearing officer. He was suspended in 2017 for involvement in a felony fraud case while he pleaded no contest to a drug charge during the summer of 2017.

He was suspended for the first four games of the 2019 NFL season after violating the league’s substance-abuse policy and shortly after he was reinstated, the Browns waived Callaway when he was suspended 10 games for failing two drug tests. The suspension lasted the final seven games of the 2019 season and first three games of the 2020 season.

Callaway tried his hand with the Tampa Bay Vipers in the XFL during the 2020 spring, but the league wound up folding shortly after the hit from COVID-19.

Callaway then signed with the Miami Dolphins practice squad and served his three-game suspension during the 2020 season. He was hit with another four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy. He was reinstated and activated to the roster for a Week 10 game but was eventually waived before the 2020 regular season ended.

He signed a futures contract with the Kansas City Chiefs during the 2021 offseason but was released with an injury settlement during the preseason.

Some huge red flags while in college and mainly failed drug tests in the NFL.

I wouldn't be against it since I do think our WR room is too young and we need a vet plus a teacher to Pitt and Pierce on getting on the same page quicker with Ryan. My only pause is playing time because I don't want Julio taking too many snaps away from Pierce. Injuries are a concern obviously, but imo this would be more of a mentor move.

Julio when healthy is still a bit of a matchup problem and he has the right build for a team that wants to run the football. Yeah its a hard thing to let TY move on but hey neither Reggie nor Marvin Harrison got to stay here forever either.

Archived