Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Athletic's Stephen Holder reports that G Will Fries may be in the mix to start at right guard this year and that his development has been understated. I like that the Colts are building depth and flexibility on the offensive line.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Did we not beat them with rivers at home to make the playoffs? We also beat them this past season at home.

You are right, we usually play better at home. But, the home game was too close for comfort with them last year.

On 5/9/2022 at 4:55 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Dang 

I said a while back Ballard was stalling to delay the inevitable. They are not bringing him back. I could hear it in Ballards tone and the way he selected his words when asked to address the subject.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They haven't beat us at home since 2017. We have won 4 in row at LOS vs them. Playing there is a different story as we know. I hope we play there on opening day.

I hope we get them there on opening day as well. We need to end our losing streak in Duval County and send a message we are ready to contend!

Colts hosted DE Demarcus Walker for free-agent visit

The Indianapolis Colts hosted free-agent defensive end Demarcus Walker for a free-agent visit, per Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network on Tuesday.

While Indy has an intriguing edge rusher room headlined by Kwity Paye and Yannick Ngakoue, they will continue to look for pass rushers to add to the defensive front under new coordinator Gus Bradley.

A part of the 2017 NFL draft class, Walker entered the league measuring in at 6-foot-3 and 280 pounds with 33-inch arms.

A second-round pick with the Denver Broncos in the 2017 draft, Walker played 36 games (five starts) across four seasons with the team that drafted him. He then signed a one-year deal with the Houston Texans where he played 13 games (two starts) in 2021.

In 49 career games (seven starts), Walker has recorded 12.5 sacks, 14 tackles for loss and 23 quarterback hits

36 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I wish him good luck and hope at least one of our options secure the LT spot this year. To be honest. It's probably for the best of the team that it's Raimann who does it, but I wouldn't be disappointed if Pryor turns into a legit starting LT for the team. (I personally have my doubts) 

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

I wish him good luck and hope at least one of our options secure the LT spot this year. To be honest. It's probably for the best of the team that it's Raimann who does it, but I wouldn't be disappointed if Pryor turns into a legit starting LT for the team. (I personally have my doubts) 

I think things will line up well for the Colts no matter how this turns out.   

Hypothetically speaking, even if Pryor is not the long term answer at LT, he could easily become our RG of our future, which IMO would then move Pinter to Center and we’d trade Kelly for a modest Day 3 pick.   Raimann would be the LT.  

So the OL would look like….

LT. Raimann

LG. Nelson

C.    Pinter

RG.  Pryor

RT.   Smith. 

I think that would still be a very solid line for next year. 

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think things will line up well for the Colts no matter how this turns out.   

Hypothetically speaking, even if Pryor is not the long term answer at LT, he could easily become our RG of our future, which IMO would then move Pinter to Center and we’d trade Kelly for a modest Day 3 pick.   Raimann would be the LT.  

So the OL would look like….

LT. Raimann

LG. Nelson

C.    Pinter

RG.  Pryor

RT.   Smith. 

I think that would still be a very solid line for next year. 

There are some questions on that line, but at some point we will have to make some sacrifices and we will have to rely on lesser paid players to man up some of the positions on that line... 

2 hours ago, stitches said:

IDK. I really don’t understand everyone thinking Raimann will be good  enough right away. Pryor mentioned today he lost 10-15 lbs to play LT and hopes to lose 5 more.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

IDK. I really don’t understand everyone thinking Raimann will be good  enough right away. Pryor mentioned today he lost 10-15 lbs to play LT and hopes to lose 5 more.

I think it’s wishful thinking. I think Pryor starts at the start of the year but I wouldn’t be shocked if raimann overtakes him at some point this season.

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

e2aqs9vonwy81.jpg?width=720&auto=webp&s=

(this is a joke, not real)

If that isn't not true , I'm dumbfounded he would say this. Not that what R.T. said was classy but this is over the top IMO.

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I'm certain he's not good enough to start right away.  Otherwise, he'd have been gone in the 1st round.  But at his age (25), he can't afford to spend a season and a half learning the position and earning the job.  He's got a small window to figure it out and earn the position.  I would say Pryor starts at the beginning of the season, but Raimann had better earn the job before the year is out.

6 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm certain he's not good enough to start right away.  Otherwise, he'd have been gone in the 1st round.  But at his age (25), he can't afford to spend a season and a half learning the position and earning the job.  He's got a small window to figure it out and earn the position.  I would say Pryor starts at the beginning of the season, but Raimann had better earn the job before the year is out.

Yep. That’s one reason he didn’t go until 3 round was his age. Ballard wouldn’t even say he would play tackle. Said he could play guard.  Too many people are projecting him to beat out Pryor.

10 minutes ago, dw49 said:

If that isn't not true , I'm dumbfounded he would say this. Not that what R.T. said was classy but this is over the top IMO.

It was fake. He never said that.

51 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

On the blue stable they said that Bradberry is willing to take as little as 8 million if it’s the right team.

Cool cool. I was guessing 5-6 million earlier. We are probably the right team at this point as he would get playing time, and we are a playoff contender. I'd take a shot on him for one year since it's just cash at this point.

53 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If true Irsay should be sending his plane tonight.  8 million should be a no brainer for Ballard.  

The only reason I can see it being an issue is if Ballard promised Rodgers & Facyson both a shot to fight for the number 2 spot.

Archived