Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

????    Did you mean to write 0.5?    Or is that a typo?

Dont you think Jelani Woods will catch one touchdown pass this year?    ONE?!?  

What am I not understanding about your O/U?

I mean he will pass for o/u 0.5. 

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

????    Did you mean to write 0.5?    Or is that a typo?

Dont you think Jelani Woods will catch one touchdown pass this year?    ONE?!?  

What am I not understanding about your O/U?

He means how many TDs will Woods THROW this year. It confused me for a second as well.

41 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Love the fact nothing gets inside his body. All hand catches

100 percent.    Saw a video of him on the Cincy Locker room.   The kid is a juggler.   And he says people love when he juggles NOT three of the same things like a ball, but three completely different things.   It’s quite a visual.   I’ll see if I can find it. 

But that gave me a good feeling about Pierce being a hands catcher.     :thmup:

Edit note:  please see follow up post for clarification. 

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

100 percent.    Saw a video of him on the Cincy Locker room.   The kid is a juggler.   And he says people love when he juggles NIT three if the same things like a ball, but three completely different things.   It’s quite a visual.   I’ll see if I can find it. 

But that gave me a good feeling about Pierce being a hands catcher.     :thmup:

Turns out….   The Cincinnati receiver who juggles wasn’t Pierce, it was their tight end.   Who looks a little like Pierce.   My bad.

Apologies….    

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Turns out….   The Cincinnati receiver who juggles wasn’t Pierce, it was their tight end.   Who looks a little like Pierce.   My bad.

Apologies….    

All good :thmup:

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Is this rookie camp or minicamp?  Has anyone created a thread about what is going on in rookie camp/minicamp? Just wondering. 

(There is nothing wrong with the posts. I just thought it would be good to have a separate thread on that to create more interest.  Just a thought...)

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding Pierce, it was just dehydration. It was 90 degrees here yesterday. A bit of an over reaction when the guy wasn't even injured. Pretty much like some saying Leonard doesn't love the game anymore which is so comical that even Homer Simpson knows that is a pile of nonsense.

this isnt colts related but i heard titans top wr pick also left early due to the heat

20 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Is this rookie camp or minicamp?  Has anyone created a thread about what is going on in rookie camp/minicamp? Just wondering. 

(There is nothing wrong with the posts. I just thought it would be good to have a separate thread on that to create more interest.  Just a thought...)

Rookie camp. To be honest there isn’t much to report.

47 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It would be nice to create a rookie camp thread.

Would love to hear how the rookies are doing

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

1 year 6M sounds about right

I would think he's in the 3 to 4 range. Landry needs tp hit incentives to reach 6 million and IMO no way TY gets close to what Landry received .

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Apologies….    

If it’s Josh Whyle, that kid is pretty dang good himself. Will be getting drafted next year

41 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Today is the last day of rookie mini camp and there have only been a few tweets over the last few days.

edit tomorrow is the last day of rookie mini camp.

I have been a bit busy. When was the first day?

50 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

It would be nice to create a rookie camp thread.

Would love to hear how the rookies are doing

It might too late for that now but when OTAs start, there should be a thread. To keep it in one place.

You could create a thread too. :)

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have been a bit busy. When was the first day?

It might too late for that now but when OTAs start, there should be a thread. To keep it in one place.

You could create a thread too. :)

I think it started yesterday. I am actually surprised media hasn’t reported more then they have.

OTA I believe is next week. I think the 18th which is WED. My guess there will be more tweets when that starts.

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I think it started yesterday. I am actually surprised media hasn’t reported more then they have.

OTA I believe is next week. I think the 18th which is WED. My guess there will be more tweets when that starts.

Thanks. It would be good to have a thread on OTAs with fans and reporters sharing their impressions.

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

If it’s Josh Whyle, that kid is pretty dang good himself. Will be getting drafted next year

Yup!    I suspect you’re 100 percent right.   Didn’t seem like a big guy.   Not a “Y” tight end.   Looks more like an “F”….  But these days it can be hard to know for sure…. 

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Been way too quite, interested how the 2 Kickers looked

18 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It will be fun to see a guy like pierce go up against our vets on defense next week. Will give us a good idea where he is really at.

To a degree we might learn something, but I would advise against taking too much from any part of pre-season. Every single off-season we get a new favorite, especially at WR, who seems to be dominating our DBs in practice or opponents in pre-season games, only to be left disappointed once the real games start. I fell for it last year with Strachan, too. Of course, it's better to be hearing about them doing well, than not impressing at all, but I think I am refusing to get my hopes too much up this year. :dunno:

2 hours ago, stitches said:

To a degree we might learn something, but I would advise against taking too much from any part of pre-season. Every single off-season we get a new favorite, especially at WR, who seems to be dominating our DBs in practice or opponents in pre-season games, only to be left disappointed once the real games start. I fell for it last year with Strachan, too. Of course, it's better to be hearing about them doing well, than not impressing at all, but I think I am refusing to get my hopes too much up this year. :dunno:

Valid point, but a lot of the times the players you refer to are at bottom of the draft or free agent signees.  Alec is our first pick.  Typically a high quality player, and yes even first rounders have been bust but I think our scouting department is qualified to properly evaluate his skills.

5 hours ago, stitches said:

Yes we see this every year where there are training camp stars. Then they do nothing.   Like stated above though this is a high draft pick not a late round pick. 

On 5/13/2022 at 4:24 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Pretty affordable signing for the Saints with a 1-year deal around $6 million. That receiver corps could end up looking decent if Michael Thomas gets back to form with Landry and Olave as running mates.

2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I suspect Pierce will look bad against our vet CB's because he's a rookie.

And that is to be expected.

I suspect it will be a mixed bag. But whatever happens, good or bad, there will be an overreaction from the fanbase haha

Something about WRs and the Colts fanbase. Maybe it's the same with other teams, but it's amazing how much hype certain WRs get every offseason. 

Should have learned our lesson after Roy Hall.

9 hours ago, stitches said:

I didn't remember Strachan playing much at all last season so I looked it up.

He played 6 games and had 2 catches in 6 games for 26 yards.

Not sure if he's just not getting enough opportunities but I didn't think the Colts WR corp was especially deep.

11 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I didn't remember Strachan playing much at all last season so I looked it up.

He played 6 games and had 2 catches in 6 games for 26 yards.

Not sure if he's just not getting enough opportunities but I didn't think the Colts WR corp was especially deep.

I believe those 2 catches were on 3rd down if I recall correctly.  They were critical, which is why I wanted to see him play more.  I'm curious how he does in camp this year.

Archived