Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, DougDew said:

Any look at Fields will obviously compare his NFL and college tape to the 2023 candidates.  He's not going to automatically be a better prospect because he was rated highly in 2021.  Also, its not like CHI is a bunch of maroons, they have evaluators on the payroll too.  And Fields did drop from his original media projections, so there may be some real issues if CHI actually does make him available.

Fields went into portal because GaBulldogs wouldnt hand him the first team slot. Not a good look.

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

Colts ballpark was probably below 10 mil and once Eagles offered 10 mil it was over oh well lol.

I am going to make a joke, sarcasm up front. Here it goes, hey man we have a championship roster and want to offer you 98 Mill a year for 1 year, other team comes along and says we suck but I will give you 99 Mill, 98 isn't enough to live on.

Sorry I had too. Good luck to him in Philly, just like Honey Badger in New Orleans. Neither will win their division or even sniff a SB. Indy will win their division and compete for a SB, book it. We don't need his rear. 

Colts ballpark was probably below 10 mil and once Eagles offered 10 mil it was over oh well lol.

To me he took the easy route and went right next door. Pretty much doesnt have to move any of his stuff and if he has kids he can leave them in the New York school systems. Plus hes still in the same division so he can play the Giants twice and show them their mistake and what not.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going to make a joke, sarcasm up front. Here it goes, hey man we have a championship roster and want to offer you 98 Mill a year for 1 year, other team comes along and says we suck but I will give you 99 Mill, 98 isn't enough to live on.

Sorry I had too. Good luck to him in Philly, just like Honey Badger in New Orleans. Neither will win their division or even sniff a SB. Indy will win their division and compete for a SB, book it. We don't need his rear. 

Ummm...the Saints have one of the best rosters in the NFL and it will be a dog fight between them and the BUCS for the NFC South.

The Eagles will be in the NFC East mixed as well.

How can you be so wrong.
 The Colts offered more money but for two years.

He only wanted one as a bet on himself, and there being a much bigger long term deal next year early in FA and with a larger salary cap.

He liked their coaching staff D better.
 It is closer to his home in Jersey where his honey waits.

We like what we have.
  You have no clue! Neither do I, but i won't call Ballard too cheap just to expose a need to express a defeatest attitude.

12 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

How can you be so wrong.
 The Colts offered more money but for two years.

He only wanted one as a bet on himself, and there being a much bigger long term deal next year early in FA and with a larger salary cap.

He liked their coaching staff D better.
 It is closer to his home in Jersey where his honey waits.

We like what we have.
  You have no clue! Neither do I, but i won't call Ballard too cheap just to expose a need to express a defeatest attitude.

? How do you know Colts offered more. Ballard never overpays a FA he wants Bradberry is no expectation lol. Others mentioned he stays in the Division and doesn’t have to move far which is fair. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We’re not a championship team yet and wouldn’t have been even with Bradburry. 

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This would be interesting because we are already paying him a ton. Then add in we know Pryor is pretty good at RT. I always thought it’s something we should try.

I’m curious, how much of a difference is it to play LT vs. RT? I gather it’s more than just switching to the other side of the Oline and you likely will be facing the other teams best pass rusher. Is there more to it then that?

Just now, Solid84 said:

I’m curious, how much of a difference is it to play LT vs. RT? I gather it’s more than just switching to the other side of the Oline and you likely will be facing the other teams best pass rusher. Is there more to it then that?

They always say your body develops a memory. For instance one side ends up stronger then the other so adjustment has to be made. All have to be more quick on the LS but that can be negated with great technique done.

22 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Before we did the Ryan deal, Irsay said we tried to do a deal with a team for their quarterback and we offered TWO 1’s, but were turned down. 

I feel confident that the player we tried for was Fields.   No other player makes more sense.   And Ballard has a very good relationship with Chicago.  Flus got the HC job in part due to CB’s recommendation.   A franchise changing its GM and HC sometimes wants a QB they chose.  Fields was drafted by the prior management group. 

Fields will likely always be on our radar unless he flops badly….  

I had always assumed that was Wilson they made an offer for. There have been rumors for years that the Colts really liked him in that 2012 draft, but of course, weren't going to take him when they had the #1 pick and Luck was available.

Giving up (2) 1st round picks after an up and down rookie season doesn't really sound like Ballard. But then again, Fields is really talented.

2 hours ago, TheShadow said:

Fields went into portal because GaBulldogs wouldnt hand him the first team slot. Not a good look.

That happens all the time in NCAAF. Burrow did the same thing when he transferred to LSU.

The big schools often get loaded with QB talent. Clearly, he made the right decision.

Going to UGA, which was less than an hour from where he grew up, was probably the wrong decision, with Fromm already the starter. But who knows what they told him during the recruiting process. He was the #2 prospect in the country. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Honey Badger has literally sniffed the SB trophy though. 

PHI has a really good roster on both sides of the ball. The offense is loaded, but it will depend on whether Hurts can make a jump as a passer in his second year starting.

Not sure they can unseat DAL, but the NFC is pretty weak overall, so I think they will very likely make the playoffs.

I think NO has a good chance as well. 

2 hours ago, JediXMan said:

? How do you know Colts offered more. Ballard never overpays a FA he wants Bradberry is no expectation lol. Others mentioned he stays in the Division and doesn’t have to move far which is fair. 

A 29 year-old CB betting on himself to get a good long-term deal is probably a bad bet.

Rhodes did that, took a cheap one-year deal, had a great bounceback season and got a slightly better one-year deal the next year (from the same team no less).

If he lives in Jersey, that makes a lot more sense. But I do think players see PHI as a good destination right now. 

With Bradberry off the table now do the Colts maybe turn their attention to acquiring a veteran receiver or QB? Possibly more offensive line depth? Keep stacking the defense?

WR: C. Beasley, E. Sanders, T.Y. Hilton, OBJ, D. Jackson, W. Fuller, A. Brown, K. Cole.

QB: Foles, Fitzpatrick, ?

OL:

DEF:

34 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

A 29 year-old CB betting on himself to get a good long-term deal is probably a bad bet.

Rhodes did that, took a cheap one-year deal, had a great bounceback season and got a slightly better one-year deal the next year (from the same team no less).

If he lives in Jersey, that makes a lot more sense. But I do think players see PHI as a good destination right now. 

I could see us bringing Rhodes back now if they feel they need one more Corner.

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

He has to prove it this year or he’ll playing for pennies in 2023 if he’ll be playing at all. 

Stay healthy and people won’t say that.  I mean this isn’t some opinion about him people can debate.  It’s a fact, in the NFL he hasn’t been able to stay healthy.

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

I had always assumed that was Wilson they made an offer for. There have been rumors for years that the Colts really liked him in that 2012 draft, but of course, weren't going to take him when they had the #1 pick and Luck was available.

Giving up (2) 1st round picks after an up and down rookie season doesn't really sound like Ballard. But then again, Fields is really talented.

I suppose it’s possible, but I don’t think it’s likely for Wilson.     Why?

I thought Irsay said they had gone after a **young** quarterback.    I don’t think Wilson at 33 would qualify.    Also I don’t think an offer of two 1’s is a serious, sincere offer.   Eventually, Wilson went for much more than that including both picks and pretty good players.  (Not counting Lock).  Also , two ones would appear to be the going rate for a young quarterback that you move up for.  Chicago paid more than that to move up for Fields.  With a new GM and HC, sometimes they want their own guy at QB.   Ballard knows Flus and he likely knows the new Chicago GM,  I believe he came from KC.   

Someone else mentioned Carr, and I think that’s possible.   But there’s no connection to either their new GM nor McDaniels. 

Anyway,  it’s just my hunch.  I have zero info.  But it feels reasonable and likely to me. 

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Honey Badger has literally sniffed the SB trophy though. 

PHI has a really good roster on both sides of the ball. The offense is loaded, but it will depend on whether Hurts can make a jump as a passer in his second year starting.

Not sure they can unseat DAL, but the NFC is pretty weak overall, so I think they will very likely make the playoffs.

I think NO has a good chance as well. 

I have the Bucs in the NFC South, Cowboys in the NFC East. Honey Badger sniffed it with KC, he won't playing in New Orleans. I give us a much better chance at winning our division than I do either one of those teams.

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

We’re not a championship team yet and wouldn’t have been even with Bradburry. 

Because of the division we play in, if we get a high seed, than anything can happen. Nobody thought Cincy was a championship team last year. If we go 12-5, we could be a #1 or #2 seed.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because of the division we play in, if we get a high seed, than anything can happen. Nobody thought Cincy was a championship team last year. If we go 12-5, we could be a #1 or #2 seed.

You can say that for a lot of teams, that’s hardly a valid reason for calling us a championship team. 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hate to rain on your parade ,but the Eagles and Saints rosters are as good as if not better than the Colts roster.

5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Hate to rain on your parade ,but the Eagles and Saints rosters are as good as if not better than the Colts roster.

Singing In The Rain Dancing GIF. I bet we have a better record than both. By the way they both also play in bad divisions. In the East, Washington is average and NY is bad. In the South, the Falcons and Panthers both are bad. So opportunity is there but I just don't see either winning their divisions. Washington has an argument to being as good as Philly. 

2 hours ago, philba101 said:

With Bradberry off the table now do the Colts maybe turn their attention to acquiring a veteran receiver or QB? Possibly more offensive line depth? Keep stacking the defense?

WR: C. Beasley, E. Sanders, T.Y. Hilton, OBJ, D. Jackson, W. Fuller, A. Brown, K. Cole.

QB: Foles, Fitzpatrick, ?

OL:

DEF:

Not a popular thing in here but I would bring TY back. 1 year for 5 Mill possibly. He can still give you 4 or 5 good games, brings great Vet leadership, knows Frank Reich really well too. It can't hurt at this point. 

11 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Parris Campbell  7/16/1997

Bernhard Raimann 9/23/97

2 month difference puts it in perspective.

Campbell was very young coming into the league. He graduated HS at 16 and was actually at OSU for 5 years.  Hopefully his luck turns around because he hasn’t played a lot of football and should be going into his prime. I hope he can play well enough and stay healthy to earn another year or two with Colts.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Campbell was very young coming into the league. He graduated HS at 16 and was actually at OSU for 5 years.  Hopefully his luck turns around because he hasn’t played a lot of football and should be going into his prime. I hope he can play well enough and stay healthy to earn another year or two with Colts.

This is a make or break year for him. If he can stay reasonable healthy and play 14 games or so and put up good numbers then he is a keeper. If he plays 8 games or less and injured all season then he is damaged goods. That is the way I see it. I hope he balls out this year for the teams sake and his sake.

51 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will go a step further. If we had just won one more game at beginning instead of going 1-4 and not collapsed last two games colts would have been number one or two  seed. If Wentz hadn’t missed camp we don’t start 1-4 and lose both titans game. If Covid didn’t hit late and Leonard and Kelly hadn’t had a lot of off the field family stuff going on maybe we don’t collapse at the end.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I will go a step further. If we had just won one more game at beginning instead of going 1-4 and not collapsed last two games colts would have been number one or two  seed. If Wentz hadn’t missed camp we don’t start 1-4 and lose both titans game. If Covid didn’t hit late and Leonard and Kelly hadn’t had a lot of off the field family stuff going on maybe we don’t collapse at the end.

That is what some in here don't realize. We had the record we had with Wentz at QB and literally gave away 2 or 3 games including the 2nd Tennessee game. Matt Ryan is better than Wentz, so a Matt Ryan led team with this roster can win 9 games in his sleep. I say we win 11 or 12. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is what some in here don't realize. We had the record we had with Wentz at QB and literally gave away 2 or 3 games including the 2nd Tennessee game. Matt Ryan is better than Wentz, so a Matt Ryan led team with this roster can win 9 games in his sleep. I say we win 11 or 12. 

I think even with Wentz we start better had he not hurt his ankles and didn’t hurt his foot in camp. What would of been interesting if it played out like it should have we had the 1-2 seed wouls Wentz have been traded. Also the AFC being as  loaded as it is gives us a easier path to that one seed. These other divisions beat up on each other. So like you said bring in the south gives us a clearer  road yo that one seed.

Archived