Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

6 hours ago, bertjones7 said:

Correct.  Prior to the 2018 draft, he was discussed quite a bit on this board.  Several people on here (including me), wanted Colts to use a mid to late round pick him.  Very talented kid from Miami that flashed a lot of talent at Florida.  Probably could have been a late 1st rd or 2nd rd pick without the off field issues. 

He is still only 25 and this is low risk signing.  Hopefully he has his life together.

This is a good place for him to get some work in.
 Someone surely vouched for him to CB for him to be here.
  I wish him the best and hope he makes it to camp.
  He definitely has Sunday skills.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I wouldn't be against it since I do think our WR room is too young and we need a vet plus a teacher to Pitt and Pierce on getting on the same page quicker with Ryan. My only pause is playing time because I don't want Julio taking too many snaps away from Pierce. Injuries are a concern obviously, but imo this would be more of a mentor move.

Maybe a lighter work load would help him with injuries. I also saw a verified tweet earlier that said Julio could also be moved to the slot and it might extend his career. When with the titans though they run the ball so much I would think he had a lifhrrr work load there though. But I think we have more weapons all around then titans had.

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We are now down to Jones and TY. A ton of smoke around Julio. I get giving Ryan a familiar face. But it would be sad for TY to go. At this point they are both aging Injured a lot WR so doesn’t matter which one. But TY is a colt. 

Now that we’re down to injured receivers they should be bringing in Will Fuller as well.  He’s much younger than these two and is a very fast deep threat that could play the slot.  He would be my preferred choice right now.  It sure looks like it’s going to be Julio though. 

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We are now down to Jones and TY. A ton of smoke around Julio. I get giving Ryan a familiar face. But it would be sad for TY to go. At this point they are both aging Injured a lot WR so doesn’t matter which one. But TY is a colt. 

Now that we’re down to injured receivers they should be bringing in Will Fuller as well.  He’s much younger than these two and is a very fast deep threat that could play the slot.  He would be my preferred choice right now.  It sure looks like it’s going to be Julio though. 

28 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

This is a good place for him to get some work in.
 Someone surely vouched for him to CB for him to be here.
  I wish him the best and hope he makes it to camp.
  He definitely has Sunday skills.

Just thinking out loud….     But…

It’s also possible that Galloway has successfully gone thru drug rehab.   That might be a pre-condition for teams giving him a look see.   That would not surprise me at all. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

TBH I would rather put the money towards signing Bradberry than sniffing two old receivers.  I could live with our current receivers if it meant securing Bradberry.  Would rather have him out there game three versus Mahomes than TY or Julio.

Boom!   I’m with you, 100 percent on this one!

I’m fully on board Team Bradberry right now.   There are a small bunch of veterans I’d like us to sign at a modest price….   But there’s only one I’d like to get into an actual bidding war on…..

James Bradberry.   Goodness, if we could pair him up with Gilmore and Moore as our starting corners we’d be a little bit scary!   Rogers and Facyson as our 4th and 5th corners?   Yes, please!!  

Now we’d be talking all in!     :thmup:      :lombardi:

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Boom!   I’m with you, 100 percent on this one!

I’m fully on board Team Bradberry right now.   There are a small bunch of veterans I’d like us to sign at a modest price….   But there’s only one I’d like to get into an actual bidding war on…..

James Bradberry.   Goodness, if we could pair him up with Gilmore and Moore as our starting corners we’d be a little bit scary!   Rogers and Facyson as our 4th and 5th corners?   Yes, please!!  

Now we’d be talking all in!     :thmup:      :lombardi:

Yeah, I guess I’m 100% in on him too. I imagine if we do sign him and they still want WR help, then it’ll be Jones to reunite with Ryan for a year. Put him in the slot and be done. 

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Day one and our WR1 goes down. Great

I like what I see from woods

JMV is also still saying this.

Ugh

23 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Day one and our WR1 goes down.

Let's not jump to conclusions. Cramping happens.

Just now, csmopar said:

Last I saw on the Falcons forum was Jones and Ryan had a falling out that hasn’t been resolved 

It would make sense. Ryan kinda brushes off questions about Julio.

11 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

TY knows his market by now. Colts just don’t want to say he won’t be back.

Frank’s comments gives me hope that they could seriously be looking at Bradberry as an addition.  The Saints went all in signing Honey Badger and now Landry.  Hopefully the Colts do the same and sign Bradberry.

29 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Frank’s comments gives me hope that they could seriously be looking at Bradberry as an addition.  The Saints went all in signing Honey Badger and now Landry.  Hopefully the Colts do the same and sign Bradberry.

I don't see where Frank even mentioned Bradberry...he references Foles.

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I don't see where Frank even mentioned Bradberry...he references Foles.

He mentioned they are always looking at every position to see if there is a candidate to upgrade.  He didn’t have to mention Bradberry by name.  He was specifically asked about Foles though.  But he mentioned they never stop looking to upgrade everywhere on the roster.

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He mentioned they are always looking at every position to see if there is a candidate to upgrade.  He didn’t have to mention Bradberry by name.  He was specifically asked about Foles though.  But he mentioned they never stop looking to upgrade everywhere on the roster.

I would like Bradberry too but you always seem to read into statements a little too far...but that's ok, it's nice to dream.

6 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I would like Bradberry too but you always seem to read into statements a little too far...but that's ok, it's nice to dream.

Honestly, do I think it will happen?   No.  
A long shot.   But I’d certainly like to make it interesting.   If someone wants to out-bid us for him — ok.   But I want to make it hard for him to go elsewhere.   

I don’t expect us to offer more than we’re paying Gilmore, but maybe close.    I think Gilmore is getting 9 or 9 1/2 this year,  so I’d like to think we’re offering 8 + for him. 

But it’s probably just one of my pipe dreams.  I’m not counting on this to happen. 

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

A long shot.   But I’d certainly like to make it interesting.   If someone wants to out-bid us for him — ok.   But I want to make it hard for him to go elsewhere.   

I don’t expect us to offer more than we’re paying Gilmore, but maybe close.    I think Gilmore is getting 9 or 9 1/2 this year,  so I’d like to think we’re offering 8 + for him. 

But it’s probably just one of my pipe dreams.  I’m not counting on this to happen. 

I want him too. Makes sense. If Gillmore were to get injured...we would be very thin at CB.

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We can only hope right.  If we really did inquire about trading for him then we were definitely interested so that should keep the door open.  I agree with you on the dollars so hopefully he views us as a contender and the money falls into place for us and him.  

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Last I saw on the Falcons forum was Jones and Ryan had a falling out that hasn’t been resolved 

Ryan sure didn’t mention that on the PatMcafee Show.

He said they still talk often.

15 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Did I say that. Lol. He knows his market by now. I have no clue what he is doing. Colts want him back. Get back and start gaining chemistry with Ryan.

Other than retirement, what he can he do to not waste his time?

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Did I say that. Lol. He knows his market by now. I have no clue what he is doing. Colts want him back. Get back and start gaining chemistry with Ryan.

Some guys just aren’t willing to play for cheap.  That’s what happened to Marvin after the Colts released him.  Miami wanted him but he wasn’t willing to play for below what he thought his value was.

For what it’s worth… 

NFL.com is reporting the Landry deal is for one year and up to $6 million.   The key words being “up to”, which implies he needs to reach the incentives in order to max out his deal.  

At this point in the off-season, most free agents are hoping for 50 cents on the dollar, and most get less.   There are some exceptions, Fisher was last year,  but not many.   Bradberry could be one for somebody this year.  Hoping it’s the Colts.  

16 hours ago, csmopar said:

Day one and our WR1 goes down. Great

I like what I see from woods

Ugh

Regarding Pierce, it was just dehydration. It was 90 degrees here yesterday. A bit of an over reaction when the guy wasn't even injured. Pretty much like some saying Leonard doesn't love the game anymore which is so comical that even Homer Simpson knows that is a pile of nonsense.

Archived