Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.


NFLfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, bertjones7 said:

Correct.  Prior to the 2018 draft, he was discussed quite a bit on this board.  Several people on here (including me), wanted Colts to use a mid to late round pick him.  Very talented kid from Miami that flashed a lot of talent at Florida.  Probably could have been a late 1st rd or 2nd rd pick without the off field issues. 

 

He is still only 25 and this is low risk signing.  Hopefully he has his life together.

 

 

 

  This is a good place for him to get some work in.
 Someone surely vouched for him to CB for him to be here.
  I wish him the best and hope he makes it to camp.
  He definitely has Sunday skills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I wouldn't be against it since I do think our WR room is too young and we need a vet plus a teacher to Pitt and Pierce on getting on the same page quicker with Ryan. My only pause is playing time because I don't want Julio taking too many snaps away from Pierce. Injuries are a concern obviously, but imo this would be more of a mentor move.

Maybe a lighter work load would help him with injuries. I also saw a verified tweet earlier that said Julio could also be moved to the slot and it might extend his career. When with the titans though they run the ball so much I would think he had a lifhrrr work load there though. But I think we have more weapons all around then titans had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We are now down to Jones and TY. A ton of smoke around Julio. I get giving Ryan a familiar face. But it would be sad for TY to go. At this point they are both aging Injured a lot WR so doesn’t matter which one. But TY is a colt. 

Now that we’re down to injured receivers they should be bringing in Will Fuller as well.  He’s much younger than these two and is a very fast deep threat that could play the slot.  He would be my preferred choice right now.  It sure looks like it’s going to be Julio though. 

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We are now down to Jones and TY. A ton of smoke around Julio. I get giving Ryan a familiar face. But it would be sad for TY to go. At this point they are both aging Injured a lot WR so doesn’t matter which one. But TY is a colt. 

Now that we’re down to injured receivers they should be bringing in Will Fuller as well.  He’s much younger than these two and is a very fast deep threat that could play the slot.  He would be my preferred choice right now.  It sure looks like it’s going to be Julio though. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TBH I would rather put the money towards signing Bradberry than sniffing two old receivers.  I could live with our current receivers if it meant securing Bradberry.  Would rather have him out there game three versus Mahomes than TY or Julio.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

  This is a good place for him to get some work in.
 Someone surely vouched for him to CB for him to be here.
  I wish him the best and hope he makes it to camp.
  He definitely has Sunday skills.


Just thinking out loud….     But…


It’s also possible that Galloway has successfully gone thru drug rehab.   That might be a pre-condition for teams giving him a look see.   That would not surprise me at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

TBH I would rather put the money towards signing Bradberry than sniffing two old receivers.  I could live with our current receivers if it meant securing Bradberry.  Would rather have him out there game three versus Mahomes than TY or Julio.


Boom!   I’m with you, 100 percent on this one!

 

I’m fully on board Team Bradberry right now.   There are a small bunch of veterans I’d like us to sign at a modest price….   But there’s only one I’d like to get into an actual bidding war on…..

 

James Bradberry.   Goodness, if we could pair him up with Gilmore and Moore as our starting corners we’d be a little bit scary!   Rogers and Facyson as our 4th and 5th corners?   Yes, please!!  
 

Now we’d be talking all in!     :thmup:      :lombardi:

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


Boom!   I’m with you, 100 percent on this one!

 

I’m fully on board Team Bradberry right now.   There are a small bunch of veterans I’d like us to sign at a modest price….   But there’s only one I’d like to get into an actual bidding war on…..

 

James Bradberry.   Goodness, if we could pair him up with Gilmore and Moore as our starting corners we’d be a little bit scary!   Rogers and Facyson as our 4th and 5th corners?   Yes, please!!  
 

Now we’d be talking all in!     :thmup:      :lombardi:

Yeah, I guess I’m 100% in on him too. I imagine if we do sign him and they still want WR help, then it’ll be Jones to reunite with Ryan for a year. Put him in the slot and be done. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

 

 

Day one and our WR1 goes down. Great

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

 

I like what I see from woods

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

JMV is also still saying this.

 

 

Ugh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Day one and our WR1 goes down.

 

Let's not jump to conclusions. Cramping happens.

Just now, csmopar said:

Last I saw on the Falcons forum was Jones and Ryan had a falling out that hasn’t been resolved 

 

It would make sense. Ryan kinda brushes off questions about Julio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

TY knows his market by now. Colts just don’t want to say he won’t be back.

 

 

Frank’s comments gives me hope that they could seriously be looking at Bradberry as an addition.  The Saints went all in signing Honey Badger and now Landry.  Hopefully the Colts do the same and sign Bradberry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Frank’s comments gives me hope that they could seriously be looking at Bradberry as an addition.  The Saints went all in signing Honey Badger and now Landry.  Hopefully the Colts do the same and sign Bradberry.

I don't see where Frank even mentioned Bradberry...he references Foles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I don't see where Frank even mentioned Bradberry...he references Foles.

He mentioned they are always looking at every position to see if there is a candidate to upgrade.  He didn’t have to mention Bradberry by name.  He was specifically asked about Foles though.  But he mentioned they never stop looking to upgrade everywhere on the roster.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He mentioned they are always looking at every position to see if there is a candidate to upgrade.  He didn’t have to mention Bradberry by name.  He was specifically asked about Foles though.  But he mentioned they never stop looking to upgrade everywhere on the roster.

I would like Bradberry too but you always seem to read into statements a little too far...but that's ok, it's nice to dream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I would like Bradberry too but you always seem to read into statements a little too far...but that's ok, it's nice to dream.


Honestly, do I think it will happen?   No.  
A long shot.   But I’d certainly like to make it interesting.   If someone wants to out-bid us for him — ok.   But I want to make it hard for him to go elsewhere.   
 

I don’t expect us to offer more than we’re paying Gilmore, but maybe close.    I think Gilmore is getting 9 or 9 1/2 this year,  so I’d like to think we’re offering 8 + for him. 
 

But it’s probably just one of my pipe dreams.  I’m not counting on this to happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


Honestly, do I think it will happen?   No.  
A long shot.   But I’d certainly like to make it interesting.   If someone wants to out-bid us for him — ok.   But I want to make it hard for him to go elsewhere.   
 

I don’t expect us to offer more than we’re paying Gilmore, but maybe close.    I think Gilmore is getting 9 or 9 1/2 this year,  so I’d like to think we’re offering 8 + for him. 
 

But it’s probably just one of my pipe dreams.  I’m not counting on this to happen. 

I want him too. Makes sense. If Gillmore were to get injured...we would be very thin at CB.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


Honestly, do I think it will happen?   No.  
A long shot.   But I’d certainly like to make it interesting.   If someone wants to out-bid us for him — ok.   But I want to make it hard for him to go elsewhere.   
 

I don’t expect us to offer more than we’re paying Gilmore, but maybe close.    I think Gilmore is getting 9 or 9 1/2 this year,  so I’d like to think we’re offering 8 + for him. 
 

But it’s probably just one of my pipe dreams.  I’m not counting on this to happen. 

We can only hope right.  If we really did inquire about trading for him then we were definitely interested so that should keep the door open.  I agree with you on the dollars so hopefully he views us as a contender and the money falls into place for us and him.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Last I saw on the Falcons forum was Jones and Ryan had a falling out that hasn’t been resolved 

Ryan sure didn’t mention that on the PatMcafee Show.

 

He said they still talk often.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If Hilton comes back he is wasting time gaining chemistry with Ryan.

So he should just retire? Because no matter what team he goes to, he has to build chemistry with the QB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

So he should just retire? Because no matter what team he goes to, he has to build chemistry with the QB. 

Did I say that. Lol. He knows his market by now. I have no clue what he is doing. Colts want him back. Get back and start gaining chemistry with Ryan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Did I say that. Lol. He knows his market by now. I have no clue what he is doing. Colts want him back. Get back and start gaining chemistry with Ryan.

Other than retirement, what he can he do to not waste his time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Did I say that. Lol. He knows his market by now. I have no clue what he is doing. Colts want him back. Get back and start gaining chemistry with Ryan.

Some guys just aren’t willing to play for cheap.  That’s what happened to Marvin after the Colts released him.  Miami wanted him but he wasn’t willing to play for below what he thought his value was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For what it’s worth… 

 

NFL.com is reporting the Landry deal is for one year and up to $6 million.   The key words being “up to”, which implies he needs to reach the incentives in order to max out his deal.  
 

At this point in the off-season, most free agents are hoping for 50 cents on the dollar, and most get less.   There are some exceptions, Fisher was last year,  but not many.   Bradberry could be one for somebody this year.  Hoping it’s the Colts.  
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, csmopar said:

Day one and our WR1 goes down. Great

I like what I see from woods

Ugh

Regarding Pierce, it was just dehydration. It was 90 degrees here yesterday. A bit of an over reaction when the guy wasn't even injured. Pretty much like some saying Leonard doesn't love the game anymore which is so comical that even Homer Simpson knows that is a pile of nonsense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • w87r locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • id agree with you if this same type of punishment was also coming for Snyder and Kraft, but me and you both know it’s not.  So the nfl doing this, it comes off more as hypocritical than correcting a mistake.     i agree, you are ABSOLUTELY right about Watson, by why doesn’t the nfl have the same focus on their owners?  I get it, they’re his bosses, but does that exclude sexual assault and other stuff these owners have been accused of?  I mean an owner just got caught tampering, trying to illegally gain an advantage, and also the nfl admitted that he mentioned paying his own coach to lose.  What was his punishment, couple of months, 1 million dollars, and a draft pick.  But Calvin Ridley gets suspended for an entire year for gambling $1500?  Wow
    • I'd be shocked if we kept three QBs on the 53
    • On any given team, the 3rd and 4th string guys are fighting for table scraps.      But this year on the Colts, it should be even harder to take care of our 3/4.    Because both our 1st and 2nd string are new to the team and the playbook.   So both Ryan and Foles need every rep they can get.   They won’t be giving up any of theirs.      So Ehlinger and Coan are going to have to make the best of a difficult situation.   It may not be fair, but in carefully scripted practices there's only so much to go around. 
    • I agree losing Hill is a huge loss. I do think they take a tiny step back, but they could also take a step forward.    Not a bad pass catching group at all...    RB - CEH is a good catching RB, not that he needs it though TE - Kelce - don't need to say anything here   WR - MVS - solid and quality X JuJu - likely does better with Mahomes over Big Ben...  Hardman - productive guy, and should take a step forward now that he's no longer in Hill's shadow Moore - rook, but I like his chances.   A lot of teams would like to have that group
    • Using unit totals of  RB - 60 TE - 55 WR - 135   Keeping things simple, and only including the top 4 TEs on the depth chart.   Note, most of the depth chart chatter has Ogletree over Woods at this point, and climbing..... citing Ogletree's hands and route running as being more advanced.    I'd also add that there's a good chance that Granson is again used in more of a TE/HB/slot hybrid role, than traditional TE. That doesn't guarantee anything though. We've heard reports of shovels in camp (Hybrid use) but also heard reports of corner routes. 
  • Members

    • Pelt

      Pelt 557

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Two_pound

      Two_pound 385

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Rolltide_gocolts

      Rolltide_gocolts 107

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • AustinnKaine

      AustinnKaine 1,366

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jmac_48

      jmac_48 465

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...