Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly, do I think it will happen?   No.  
A long shot.   But I’d certainly like to make it interesting.   If someone wants to out-bid us for him — ok.   But I want to make it hard for him to go elsewhere.   

I don’t expect us to offer more than we’re paying Gilmore, but maybe close.    I think Gilmore is getting 9 or 9 1/2 this year,  so I’d like to think we’re offering 8 + for him. 

But it’s probably just one of my pipe dreams.  I’m not counting on this to happen. 

Bradbury has to like how he fits here. A bonzai pass rush that looks very promising, Gilmore on the other side so he doesn't have to line up against the other teams biggest/best all the time. And an aggressive matchup zone where he can get physical and play tight coverage in the short to medium game. This is all A+ for him. 
 So let us get him in here on a worthy deal with lots of guaranteed money over the next 2 years.  We are a Prime Time Team this season and Irsay, CB, Reich, and Bradley must be putting on the BIG sales pitch to Bradbury and his agent. THIS IS the place!

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding Pierce, it was just dehydration. It was 90 degrees here yesterday. A bit of an over reaction when the guy wasn't even injured. Pretty much like some saying Leonard doesn't love the game anymore which is so comical that even Homer Simpson knows that is a pile of nonsense.

There are FANS and there are bottom feeders. Check.

We probably could get TY back on a much cheaper price tag but I think Julio Jones is the guy who could help us the most between the two of them.  They've both been injured but when healthy I think Julio is the better play especially on possession downs and in the red zone.  And Im sure he's a better run blocker than TY.   Julio has more juice left than TY in my opinion and him and Ryan already have a connection.  Id go Julio if I were the Colts unless Julios price tag is too rich.   But of course I won't be mad if they decide to do neither thing and go with a Bradberry Gilmore connection. 

Bradberry please.  A loaded defense is what this team needs.  People tend to gloss over that the Colts offense was generally putting up points.  I’m not super concerned there barring major injury to a key piece.    To have difference makers all over the D side would elevate this team so high

12 minutes ago, krunk said:

We probably could get TY back on a much cheaper price tag but I think Julio Jones is the guy who could help us the most between the two of them.  They've both been injured but when healthy I think Julio is the better play especially on possession downs and in the red zone.  And Im sure he's a better run blocker than TY.   Julio has more juice left than TY in my opinion and him and Ryan already have a connection.  Id go Julio if I were the Colts unless Julios price tag is too rich.   But of course I won't be mad if they decide to do neither thing and go with a Bradberry Gilmore connection. 

You know me I don't believe hardly anything the media puts out there, but didn't Julio and Matt have some kind of falling out in Atlanta? I have heard just not 1 or media people say that, it has been like a dozen.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You know me I don't believe hardly anything the media puts out there, but didn't Julio and Matt have some kind of falling out in Atlanta? I have heard just not 1 or media people say that, it has been like a dozen.

I don't think so.  As someone else in this thread mentioned on the Pat Mcafee show Matt said he and julio still talk quite often.  And besides this is a job.  One in which you play with players you don't like all the time.  You still have to do your job.   I have doubts if there's anything between them its that serious. 

I think he could help us extend possessions and help us out in the red zone.  He's not who he used to be but he still commands respect and youre not just going to blanket him one on one like you can with TY.  I just wouldn't give him an exorbitant deal.  It would have to be something sensible. 

Signing Julio would give me Andre Johnson vibes all over again.  Don't want to come close to that.  If we are going to spend on a free agent it's Bradberry for me without question.  It looks like this last group of free agents are signing very team friendly deals.  If we are really all in and want to upgrade the defense further Bradberry is the perfect piece.  I can't believe Ballard would not jump at this opportunity.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding Pierce, it was just dehydration. It was 90 degrees here yesterday. A bit of an over reaction when the guy wasn't even injured. Pretty much like some saying Leonard doesn't love the game anymore which is so comical that even Homer Simpson knows that is a pile of nonsense.

Well Leonard is literally quoted saying he “fell out of love with the game” when talking about last season. I’m not so sure that it is a pile of nonsense. People are obviously going to run with that.

If the Colts were to sign Julio Jones or T.Y. Hilton again and the price tag were the same for both receivers, I'd go with HIlton because I think he'd be great for the slot role and for sentimental reasons too.  It would be nice to see him possibly end his career as a Colt on what could be a good Colts team.

7 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Well Leonard is literally quoted saying he “fell out of love with the game” when talking about last season. I’m not so sure that it is a pile of nonsense. People are obviously going to run with that.

One day I could say I am sick of work, I hate it, then the next day I say I work for a great company and enjoyed my day. What narrative do you think the media would run with if I was quoted saying both things. Leonard has not only said he loves football but that he would be ready when the season begins and his ankle feels much better than last year.

6 minutes ago, Carolina Colt said:

If the Colts were to sign Julio Jones or T.Y. Hilton again and the price tag were the same for both receivers, I'd go with HIlton because I think he'd be great for the slot role and for sentimental reasons too.  It would be nice to see him possibly end his career as a Colt on what could be a good Colts team.

I would rather sign TY as well for the same reason but also he knows the system and coaches like the back of his hand. I would also say if Julio and TY had a foot race today, TY would win that, TY is faster.  

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

One day I could say I am sick of work, I hate it, then the next day I say I work for a great company and enjoyed my day. What narrative do you think the media would run with if I was quoted saying both things. Leonard has not only said he loves football but that he would be ready when the season begins and his ankle feels much better than last year.

I get what you are saying, I’m only disagreeing with you saying it’s complete “nonsense”. Those words came out of DLs mouth and the thought went through his head. So it’s not like people are making it up.

He may love football again this season, he may fall back out of love again due to multiple reasons. Who knows. We all saw what happens with AL. Anything is possible. I obviously want DL to play on this team for a long time, dude is a stud.

8 minutes ago, Bravo said:

I get what you are saying, I’m only disagreeing with you saying it’s complete “nonsense”. Those words came out of DLs mouth and the thought went through his head. So it’s not like people are making it up.

He may love football again this season, he may fall back out of love again due to multiple reasons. Who knows. We all saw what happens with AL. Anything is possible. I obviously want DL to play on this team for a long time, dude is a stud.

Fair enough, I just look at both sides of everything. A lot of athlete's say all kinds of things. I remember Emmitt Smith saying he hated football after the Cowboys stunk in 1997 after their great run. He was on record saying the injuries made him miserable after 1997 and he was thinking of retiring. He played 7 more years and holds every record for a RB. I could use other examples but that is probably a great one to use.

Andrew Luck retiring did surprise me but didn't shock me because he had other interests and a great degree to fall back on/tons of money. Plus he had a kid on the way and just got married.

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fair enough, I just look at both sides of everything. A lot of athlete's say all kinds of things. I remember Emmitt Smith saying he hated football after the Cowboys stunk in 1997 after their great run. He was on record saying the injuries made him miserable after 1997 and he was thinking of retiring. He played 7 more years and holds every record for a RB. I could use other examples but that is probably a great one to use.

Andrew Luck retiring did surprise me but didn't shock me because he had other interests and a great degree to fall back on/tons of money. Plus he had a kid on the way and just got married.

I think if Luck did have less injuries, he probably would have kept playing. I never blamed him for his decision to retire, as you said he had a kid on the way, lots of money, an awesome degree and a wife. Watching him take that shot in the kidneys that caused it to tear AND KEPT PLAYING sold me on his toughness. I miss the dude everyday, but it is what it is. 

7 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I think if Luck did have less injuries, he probably would have kept playing. I never blamed him for his decision to retire, as you said he had a kid on the way, lots of money, an awesome degree and a wife. Watching him take that shot in the kidneys that caused it to tear AND KEPT PLAYING sold me on his toughness. I miss the dude everyday, but it is what it is. 

I don’t think anyone ever questioned Luck’s toughness and heart. It was the TIMING of his retirement. It left the Colts high and dry right at the beginning of league play with no chance to grab an adequate replacement. It set the team back on its heels and they still haven’t recovered. 
It’s water under the bridge at this point but he really hurt his team. I loved every minute he played for the Colts, but his legacy is stained for me because of how he walked away. 

43 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I don’t think anyone ever questioned Luck’s toughness and heart. It was the TIMING of his retirement. It left the Colts high and dry right at the beginning of league play with no chance to grab an adequate replacement. It set the team back on its heels and they still haven’t recovered. 
It’s water under the bridge at this point but he really hurt his team. I loved every minute he played for the Colts, but his legacy is stained for me because of how he walked away. 

The timing could have 100% been better, you’re right. But sometimes when you’re done, you’re done. Least he didn’t do it at half time. *coughvontaedaviscough*

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

That’s easy. Over

Pierce has such a huge catch radius in that video. It’s crazy. With his speed and big frame he is going to be a monster.

passing TDs? What would you put the over/under at? 

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Frank will call it at some point. 

Yep... I was thinking the same. Frank has way too big love for TEs and trick plays. I can absolutely see him line up in wild cat, and fake like he's going to run it then pass behind the line of defense. The question is - will it succeed? :dunno:

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Frank will call it at some point. 

Imagine a Woods to Mo TD? LOS would lose their mind haha

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Over. I think Woods gets 3 or 4 TDs this season. IMO, he'll beat out Granson for the no2 TE spot at the beginning of the season.

You think Woods throws 4 tds?

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Over. I think Woods gets 3 or 4 TDs this season. IMO, he'll beat out Granson for the no2 TE spot at the beginning of the season.

I meant passing TDs ... like some version of a Philly special... 

Just now, stitches said:

I meant passing TDs ... like some version of a Philly special... 

Yeah, I'll say 2 Passing TDs. He'll do two trick plays throughout the year where Woods throws a couple of short TDs.

Sorry. I didn't read it properly lol! :) 

41 minutes ago, stitches said:

Over/under 0.5 passing TDs for Jelani Woods this coming season? 

????    Did you mean to write 0.5?    Or is that a typo?

Dont you think Jelani Woods will catch one touchdown pass this year?    ONE?!?  

What am I not understanding about your O/U?

Archived