Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Then prove it young man

Technically not his fault that his body can’t handle the NFL.

But the media puts him in a bad spot, Whats he suppose to say, “Yeah we will see, I’m not sure I can stay healthy”. Even with a good year, He will be off the team or on another 1 year deal after this year.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Farns01 said:

I don’t remember many details but I remember a couple of years ago he is finally cleared to play and gets in a car accident heading to the stadium.  That caused him to miss some more games due to recovery.

He was in an accident but it was before the season. It was not a factor on missing games. 

22 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Colts ballpark was probably below 10 mil and once Eagles offered 10 mil it was over oh well lol.

Watch.  He will probably intercept Ryan this year and cost us the game.  No I’m not superstitious about jinxing us the game.  Just disappointed we didn’t sign him.

22 hours ago, JediXMan said:

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Watch.  He will probably intercept Ryan this year and cost us the game.  No I’m not superstitious about jinxing us the game.  Just disappointed we didn’t sign him.

On the flip side maybe he gets burned and Ryan throws game winning TD and we win.

I had the opportunity recently to watch film from the past two years for the Colts 2nd-round draft choice Alec Pierce. Here are my impressions of Pierce:

1. Like Jelani Woods, I am impressed with how often Pierce is able to get open. Pierce was a 4-sport athlete in high school including track. Will this skill translate against the NFL's top defenders?

2. Despite having a tall and lean frame, Pierce seems to be a tough and a fierce competitor. This toughness is probably a result of his time on special teams and as a linebacker as as a freshman. Hopefully his lean frame can handle the daily rigor of the NFL.

3. I was impressed with his catch radius and his ability to hi-point balls against competition. He seems to get a hand on anything thrown his way. 

4. His hand skills were excellent against press coverage. I was impressed how many times he won jump balls against his opponents and how very few defenders were able to wrestle the ball away from him. Pierce did benefit from having a fairly accurate QB in Ridder who was able to put the ball on the money often. 

5. I can understand why the Colts are excited to see Pierce on the field. He led his team in receiving both his sophomore and senior seasons. He has also shown that he can produce on the field with his 52 receptions, 884 yards, and 7 TD's in 2021. Pierce may struggle with the NFL rigor at first but I expect him to be a solid contributor as his route running improves.

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

JMV said he was told to look for Foles to be a colt sooner then later.

Also said the Julio Jones rumors were just some talks. My guess is they want TY back and maybe that is a backup plan.

Barf on foles coming here. Yuck yuck yuck

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Barf on foles coming here. Yuck yuck yuck

It’s a good backup for Ryan. Sam hasn’t played a ounce of real nfl football and with this team as stacked as it is I think it would be a good move. Ryan has been durable but we can still role with Foles for a couple of games without losing a beat if he gets injured. 

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Also said the Julio Jones rumors were just some talks. My guess is they want TY back and maybe that is a backup plan.

Go get OBJ or Cole Beasley for cheap. Would be much more impactful signings. 

3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Go get OBJ or Cole Beasley for cheap. Would be much more impactful signings. 

Why do you continue to campaign for Beasley?     He’s a very good player and he’s also one of the NFL’s leading anti-vaxx players.   And people here have been posting that for months.  You’re not going to say you don’t know this?    So why beat the drum fir him?   You know how our season ended.   

Beasley is a square peg in the Colts round culture.  He doesn’t fit.  

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m not going to get into the vaccine and Covid thing. My point was and still is that we have many key players that aren’t vaxxed. So I do not know if this is a key reason to sign a player or not. Bringing this back to Beasley. 

Now I also will follow this with I highly doubt we sign Cole. If we want a guy like him we will probably just resort back to TY. 

35 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I’m not going to get into the vaccine and Covid thing. My point was and still is that we have many key players that aren’t vaxxed. So I do not know if this is a key reason to sign a player or not. Bringing this back to Beasley. 

Now I also will follow this with I highly doubt we sign Cole. If we want a guy like him we will probably just resort back to TY. 

Cole is better than TY, but I agree we won't go for Cole because of Irsays stance on Covid, so we'll probably just go TY to get the default veteran if anything on a cheap 1 year deal. Honestly, his veteran leadership would probably be more useful than his actual production if he did re-sign. Might do Parris Campbell wonders.

4 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

For me signing Foles to be our backup quarterback is about as sure a thing as there is.  No doubt in my mind it’s going to happen.  But that’s just me.  

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Cole is better than TY, but I agree we won't go for Cole because of Irsays stance on Covid, so we'll probably just go TY to get the default veteran if anything on a cheap 1 year deal. Honestly, his veteran leadership would probably be more useful than his actual production if he did re-sign. Might do Parris Campbell wonders.

Parris Campbell’s issue has been health.  How is signing TYH going to help PC’s health? 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Parris Campbell’s issue has been health.  How is signing TYH going to help PC’s health? 

Health is his issue yes, however, there's no real sample size to prove he would of been a solid receiver if he did play besides a few parts of games here and there. Lets just say if TY isn't signed and Parris stays healthy, he'll probably be the no4 behind Pittman, Pierce, and Dulin. 

He showed flashes, but flashes is not enough for 3 years to trust that he would be good without the injuries. TY would be beneficial to him because TY used to be the same receiver Parris is now.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports that he expects the Colts to prioritize an extension for guard Quentin Nelson.  Even though the top of the current market for a guard is $16.5 million, Nelson is expected to push that market towards $20 million, which is typically LT type of money.

38 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Holder also states that the Colts have decided internally that free agent Julio Jones is not a fit for them despite his history with QB Matt Ryan. 

I think we bring back TY, he is a fit and it makes sense. Let him finish out his career as a Colt, he gets his 10K yards wise, and even more important he helps us out in 2022 with 4 or 5 good games and brings Vet leadership. TY on a 1 year deal for 5 Mill makes sense + if he reaches certain stats (catches/yards/TD's), he gets additional money.

31 minutes ago, philba101 said:

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports that he expects the Colts to prioritize an extension for guard Quentin Nelson.  Even though the top of the current market for a guard is $16.5 million, Nelson is expected to push that market towards $20 million, which is typically LT type of money.

I predicted 18 Mill for 4 years = 72 mill overall. He will probably be guaranteed half that, 36 Mill. We will see how close I am.

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Health is his issue yes, however, there's no real sample size to prove he would of been a solid receiver if he did play besides a few parts of games here and there. Lets just say if TY isn't signed and Parris stays healthy, he'll probably be the no4 behind Pittman, Pierce, and Dulin. 

He showed flashes, but flashes is not enough for 3 years to trust that he would be good without the injuries. TY would be beneficial to him because TY used to be the same receiver Parri

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well between the two maybe at least one would be healthy every game to play the slot. Maybe we would get lucky and they would both be healthy.

New Colts rookie Alec Pierce had some mixed reviews coming into the draft: "He's a big guy who is going to test really well but I think he's going to have a hard time finding separation." -- Area scout for AFC team. But Pierce has a big fan in one former NFL player and current ESPN analyst Louis Riddick. Riddick Believes Colts WR Alec Pierce Could Win Offensive Rookie of the Year:

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/5/19/23131690/espns-louis-riddick-believes-colts-wr-alec-pierce-could-win-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

Just now, philba101 said:

New Colts rookie Alec Pierce had some mixed reviews coming into the draft: "He's a big guy who is going to test really well but I think he's going to have a hard time finding separation." -- Area scout for AFC team. But Pierce has a big fan in one former NFL player and current ESPN analyst Louis Riddick. Riddick Believes Colts WR Alec Pierce Could Win Offensive Rookie of the Year:

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/5/19/23131690/espns-louis-riddick-believes-colts-wr-alec-pierce-could-win-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

That is high praise because Riddick knows his football and was a former GM.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

His reasoning is that usually the toughest competition for offensive rookie of the year is the top QB in any given year. Since this appears to be a weaker QB class the biggest competition will then be from one of the six receivers drafted before Pierce in the first round. He believes Pierce fits perfectly with the Colts and that gives him an advantage.

8 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I don’t know where the separation struggle stuff comes from. Always “The area scouts” with no names attached. Don’t trust these articles.

Ballard said watching the tape that in the Alabama game Pierce was beating his man and open on so many plays. They just never got him the ball.

Then Offensive Rookie of the year!? Doubt that. At least there is a name there.

Just now, philba101 said:

His reasoning is that usually the toughest competition for offensive rookie of the year is the top QB in any given year. Since this appears to be a weaker QB class the biggest competition will then be from one of the six receivers drafted before Pierce in the first round. He believes Pierce fits perfectly with the Colts and that gives him an advantage.

I love the pick as well. I think too it depends on the QB you play with. Matt Ryan is great at throwing to tall receivers deep. Pierce is tall, quick, and has good hands. He should have a productive year. Having him will take pressure off of Pitt.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Riddick is not a former GM.  He’s not yet been a GM, but he hopes to be a GM someday.   He used to work in the front office of both New England and Philly.   That’s his background after his playing career. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Riddick is not a former GM.  He’s not yet been a GM, but he hopes to be a GM someday.   He used to work in the front office of both New England and Philly.   That’s his background after his playing career. 

Yeah he was director of Pro personnel for Washington, I was thinking GM for some reason. He should be a GM, basically it seemed like he was lmao 

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

I don’t know where the separation struggle stuff comes from. Always “The area scouts” with no names attached. Don’t trust these articles.

Ballard said watching the tape that in the Alabama game Pierce was beating his man and open on so many plays. They just never got him the ball.

Then Offensive Rookie of the year!? Doubt that. At least there is a name there.

Those are not articles.   Those are off the comments made by people in the scouting world to Lance Zierlein of NFL.com.  His record is pretty darn good.  He at least states the persons position….   Whether it’s a scout, area scout,  a cross checker, or in a personnel department, or even a GM.   

I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t trust the comments?   They are one person’s opinion.  They are not malicious.  That person is In the personnel business, and there are often a difference of opinion on any given player,  just as there once was on Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. 

On 5/18/2022 at 2:24 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Days says he finally feels like himself after the Achilles injury.

"With" Kwity Paye and not opposite Paye.  Kind of disappointing that our first two picks of the 2021 draft went for the same position.  And then we still had to trade for a pass rusher, and spend big dollars to replace the Corner we traded.  Its moves like this that make a rebuild take forever.

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he was director of Pro personnel for Washington, I was thinking GM for some reason. He should be a GM, basically it seemed like he was lmao 

And he had the same position with Philly as well.    He also played for Belichick when BB was the HC in Cleveland.   Clearly a student of the game. 

Im also hoping he gets a shot to run a franchise someday.   I think he has a bright mind. 

Archived