Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

44 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I admit I just pay to go to a local fish fry now.  There is always some organization having one for a fundraiser.  Plus it gives me some time with my daughter bc she is a fish pheen. Tried taking her fishing a few times and she is ready to go after about 45min. So we stick to local frys as a good compromise. None of my fishing buddies throw frys anymore either. Closest we come to that is a buddy brings back trout for us when he fishes up north and I give him jam, pickles and salsa lol. 

Similar for me. Covid killed my yearly fishing trips lol. 

I used to do one 4-5 day trip for freshwater (camping and fishin), and a week for ocean (fishing and beach vaca).

I miss the AZ trout trips and deep sea fishing. Last trip was pretty good though. Caught 10+ huge hybrid bass plus other freshwater in Carolina. Same month went tuna fishing and brought back 15+ lbs of tuna steaks/filets for myself. 

My buddies kids are the same. But they are awesome so long as they are catching stuff. We took the kids on a house boat to Dale Hollow before Covid, and all was good. My buddy and I at least could go off on our own in a little fishing boat to get away. 

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frank Reich on whether the Colts intend to add another receiver this offseason: “We’re always looking to make the team better. Chris ultimately will guide that decision on the roster. As we’ve said, that’s his role. So, he and I will talk everything through,” Reich said. “We’ll see how these guys do through all these and then do we need to add somebody? Do we need to talk about T.Y. (Hilton) if T.Y.’s still out there and then how does that all play out?” “Chris (Ballard) and I were talking about that today, talking about it this morning in fact. So, that’s the ongoing discussion,” Reich told the media Wednesday. “We can feel good about where we’re at – I can tell you right now, I’m going to feel good after two weeks with this group that we have.”

Colts are ‘definitely pushing’ Alec Pierce to compete for a starting role: 

Head coach Frank Reich told reporters Wednesday that Pierce is already showing off his intelligence by quickly picking up the offense. “I think we have high expectations for him but have a lot of confidence in that whole room as you guys know. Alec (Pierce), one of the things we like about him is he’s a very smart guy. He really has learned the offense quickly,” Reich said.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/04/indianapolis-colts-alec-pierce-starting-role-pushing/?itm_source=parsely-api

Colts' kicker job is Rodrigo Blankenship's to lose:

“Rod (Rodrigo Blankenship) was our kicker last year so in my mind, it’s Rod’s to – but it’s an open competition. We’re going in like at every position, really,” Reich told the media. “There are guys who are on the depth chart – I would say Rod would be on the depth chart as the ‘No. 1 kicker’ right now, but is it a competition? Yes. Is it a competition at every position? Yes. We all understand what that means and what it doesn’t mean, but it will be a competition. We certainly respect what Rod has done since he’s been here.”

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/04/indianapolis-colts-rodrigo-blankenship-kicker-starter-job-to-lose/?itm_source=parsely-api

Colts' QB situation ranked 14th in NFL

In ranking every team’s quarterback situation going into 2022, Bleacher Report placed the Colts right in the middle of the league.

14. Indianapolis Colts

Starter: Matt Ryan
Backups: Nick Foles, Sam Ehlinger

The quarterback position has been a revolving door for the Indianapolis Colts ever since Andrew Luck abruptly retired in 2019. That year, Jacoby Brissett was thrust into the starting role. He gave way to Philip Rivers in 2020, who gave way to Carson Wentz in 2021.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2956601-ranking-every-nfl-teams-qb-situation-heading-into-2022-season

Reich expressed confidence in WR Parris Campbell and views him as a capable slot receiver. 

“I’ve always seen Parris, since the day we drafted him, as a guy who can play every position and can really do it all,” Reich said. “I think he can play in the slot, he can play all that game — the shallows, the crosses, the option routes. … He’s explosive. You can put him on the outside and he’s got speed to get deep. … We’ve developed him as a complete receiver. That’s the upside, if he can stay healthy.”

9 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Colts' QB situation ranked 14th in NFL

In ranking every team’s quarterback situation going into 2022, Bleacher Report placed the Colts right in the middle of the league.

14. Indianapolis Colts

Starter: Matt Ryan
Backups: Nick Foles, Sam Ehlinger

The quarterback position has been a revolving door for the Indianapolis Colts ever since Andrew Luck abruptly retired in 2019. That year, Jacoby Brissett was thrust into the starting role. He gave way to Philip Rivers in 2020, who gave way to Carson Wentz in 2021.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2956601-ranking-every-nfl-teams-qb-situation-heading-into-2022-season

#14 seems high to me. But when you look at the teams, it does get fuzzy after ARI at #12, so it's really just a matter of preference.

But TB being #1 is silly. Any team that has Mahomes or Allen as their starting QB next season is #1-2. 

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

#14 seems high to me. But when you look at the teams, it does get fuzzy after ARI at #12, so it's really just a matter of preference.

But TB being #1 is silly. Any team that has Mahomes or Allen as their starting QB next season is #1-2. 

Not sure I'd say TB being #1 is silly. 

TB/TB12 has... 

#2 rated OL.

Evans, Godwin, newly added Gage, and Periman as a WR rotation.

Then you have Brate, and likely the return of Gronk. 

After all, Brady led the league last year in passing, and it wasn't close.

Mahomes was almost neg 500 and Allen was almost neg 900 yards vs Brady. 

And Mahomes lost his best toy (Hill), and Allen still has a bottom half OL.

If you want to be the King, you have to beat the King. And they didn't do that last season. 

Matt Ryan’s fiery moment at OTAs applauded by pro bowl teammate

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Matt Ryan (2) runs through a drill during the Indianapolis Colts OTA offseason workouts on June 1, 2022 at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center in Indianapolis, IN.

by: Charlie Clifford

Posted: Jun 5, 2022 / 01:59 PM EST / Updated: Jun 6, 2022 / 11:58 AM EST

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Matt Ryan had seen enough, this past week at the Colts’ optional organized team activities, multiple mistakes by the offense during a walkthrough led to a side of Ryan his new teammates hadn’t seen yet, according to two-time pro bowl Defensive Tackle DeForest Buckner.

Buckner believes this message won’t be forgotten by any Colts players ahead of Ryan’s first training camp in Indianapolis.

“He is a true pro man, the impact that he has had so far as a leader inside the locker room, it is unbelievable to see,” Buckner said. “Two days ago, we are going through walkthrough, almost at the tail end of walkthrough, and the offense had some errors. He got the whole offense into a huddle and just ripped them a new one.”

“Just being able to see that, seeing him take charge and command of the offense in such a short period of time, and also to see the guys respond in a positive way to it, it has just been awesome to see. It drives the defense to be on our game, too,” Buckner said.

It appears there are few questions on offense about how the 14-year veteran under center handles repeated mental errors.

Accountability amongst players in the Colts locker room has long been a crucial theme echoed by General Manager Chris Ballard, and Ryan clearly isn’t tiptoeing around his new home.

The Colts hold mandatory minicamp from Tuesday through Thursday at the Colts Complex before summer break begins.

25 minutes ago, Bolt Colt said:

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Matt Ryan (2) runs through a drill during the Indianapolis Colts OTA offseason workouts on June 1, 2022 at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center in Indianapolis, IN.

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Matt Ryan had seen enough, this past week at the Colts’ optional organized team activities, multiple mistakes by the offense during a walkthrough led to a side of Ryan his new teammates hadn’t seen yet, according to two-time pro bowl Defensive Tackle DeForest Buckner.

Buckner believes this message won’t be forgotten by any Colts players ahead of Ryan’s first training camp in Indianapolis.

“He is a true pro man, the impact that he has had so far as a leader inside the locker room, it is unbelievable to see,” Buckner said. “Two days ago, we are going through walkthrough, almost at the tail end of walkthrough, and the offense had some errors. He got the whole offense into a huddle and just ripped them a new one.”

“Just being able to see that, seeing him take charge and command of the offense in such a short period of time, and also to see the guys respond in a positive way to it, it has just been awesome to see. It drives the defense to be on our game, too,” Buckner said.

It appears there are few questions on offense about how the 14-year veteran under center handles repeated mental errors.

Accountability amongst players in the Colts locker room has long been a crucial theme echoed by General Manager Chris Ballard, and Ryan clearly isn’t tiptoeing around his new home.

The Colts hold mandatory minicamp from Tuesday through Thursday at the Colts Complex before summer break begins.

Thanks for sharing. This is exactly what this team needs. A leader that will hold the team accountable. We've been missing this since Peyton left. I hope Matt's health lets us keep him for 3-4 years and that ou next QB gets to spend a couple years under him. 

29 minutes ago, Bolt Colt said:

Same type of stuff was reported the last two years. But I think Ryan will crack the whip harder than our last two QBs, and likely harder than the coaches. And we need that. We don't seem to have that much fire from the O coaching staff anymore. Hope that Ryan will become a de facto OC, and hope Reggie brings his flame thrower as well. 

9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Wow didn’t realize Hilton’s son was already in HS.

Eugene Jr was a frosh at Zionsville last year IIRC. Watched his game vs Cathedral (state). 

Already looks taller than TY. Didn't do much in the game, but like I said, he was a frosh. 

Plays 3 or 4 sports IIRC.

Little surprised he's not at a prep or academy like IMG. 

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure I'd say TB being #1 is silly. 

TB/TB12 has... 

#2 rated OL.

Evans, Godwin, newly added Gage, and Periman as a WR rotation.

Then you have Brate, and likely the return of Gronk. 

After all, Brady led the league last year in passing, and it wasn't close.

Mahomes was almost neg 500 and Allen was almost neg 900 yards vs Brady. 

And Mahomes lost his best toy (Hill), and Allen still has a bottom half OL.

If you want to be the King, you have to beat the King. And they didn't do that last season. 

Those are just counting stats. Stafford beat him H2H in the playoffs. 

Mahomes has been in 4 straight AFCCGs. 

I didn’t think weapons were part of the consideration.

If you could take any QB into next season, you would take Brady? I don’t think I believe you.

21 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Those are just counting stats. Stafford beat him H2H in the playoffs. 

Mahomes has been in 4 straight AFCCGs. 

I didn’t think weapons were part of the consideration.

If you could take any QB into next season, you would take Brady? I don’t think I believe you.

For one year, I'd absolutely take Brady. If we're talking about the next 5-10, I'd take Mahomes.

Brady is still the goat, and the dude is still leading in stats. You don't lead the league in both yards and TDs (again), and not be in the discussion for best QB situation. 

If we're talking TB vs LAR, might have had something to do with LAR having one of the best Ds in the league. LAR had a stacked O too. LAR was probably the best roster in the league last year, and it not like they blew TB out or anything. LAR did kick their tail 1st half though. At the end, it was a 3pt game.

Here's what the report said...

Last year, Brady threw for a career-high 5,316 yards and 43 touchdowns, both of which led the NFL. His completion percentage of 67.5 was his best since 2007. He posted a passer rating over 102 for the second time in as many seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

And I'd add he was also 2nd in QBR... you can diminish stats all you want, but if you ignore that he's near the top in all critical areas, you're just not being realistic or honest. 

24 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Plenty of time before the games actually matter.

Yes, I love Maniac and he certainly plays like one on defense but that high-level of play takes a toll on a player's body and mind as we have heard Darius talk about in the offseason.

1 hour ago, philba101 said:

Yes, I love Maniac and he certainly plays like one on defense but that high-level of play takes a toll on a player's body and mind as we have heard Darius talk about in the offseason.

It’s good he’s taking care of it now instead of electing not to get surgery and possibly making the situation worse.

3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Great to hear from Q, don't think he's misleading us at all but we do have to remember that he's more than likely in the middle of contract negotiations. I wouldn't expect him to say otherwise. :)

3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

It’s good he’s taking care of it now instead of electing not to get surgery and possibly making the situation worse.

Gonna bet it was some simple disc snips or laser cleanup. Provides quick relief, and healing time is not bad at all. 

I think I'm more stoked hearing about the ankles being a lot better. 

On 6/6/2022 at 8:26 PM, EastStreet said:

For one year, I'd absolutely take Brady. If we're talking about the next 5-10, I'd take Mahomes.

Brady is still the goat, and the dude is still leading in stats. You don't lead the league in both yards and TDs (again), and not be in the discussion for best QB situation. 

If we're talking TB vs LAR, might have had something to do with LAR having one of the best Ds in the league. LAR had a stacked O too. LAR was probably the best roster in the league last year, and it not like they blew TB out or anything. LAR did kick their tail 1st half though. At the end, it was a 3pt game.

Here's what the report said...

Last year, Brady threw for a career-high 5,316 yards and 43 touchdowns, both of which led the NFL. His completion percentage of 67.5 was his best since 2007. He posted a passer rating over 102 for the second time in as many seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

And I'd add he was also 2nd in QBR... you can diminish stats all you want, but if you ignore that he's near the top in all critical areas, you're just not being realistic or honest. 

LOL. You talk about diminishing stats, like there wasn't a QB last season who was #1 in QBR (second season in a row), as well as:

#1 in passer rating (the second season in a row)

#1 in TD rate

#1 in INT rate

#1 in EPA/play

#1 in EPA+CPOE

#1 in DVOA

If last season's stats are supposed to be the argument, then Rodgers is clearly #1...for the past two seasons. No matter PFF says.

His numbers across the board were better than Brady's...he just had 188 less pass attempts, so less yardage and less TDs (can't fault a guy for efficiency).

But the criteria was combining past production, talent and future upside.

Yet their reasoning for Brady is about his career: 

Brady is the NFL's greatest quarterback ever, and it isn't close. So long as he's playing, he rules the position.

I never said anything about Brady not being near the the top of stats or not being a top tier QB, but one of the supposed three criteria for this is "future upside." And we have seen the upside of  Mahomes, Allen and Rodgers, and it is much higher than what Brady can do at his age.

And they have the past/recent production and talent as well. Which is why I would easily take them over Brady in the premise of who sets me up best to win NEXT season. And probably a couple more as well, like Herbert.

But ranking a QB situation for just the upcoming season is pretty pointless anyways.

On 6/7/2022 at 2:40 PM, philba101 said:

D.K. Metcalf Not Present For Mandatory Minicamp:

The Seahawks have said that they have no intention of trading Metcalf but they also said the same about Russell Wilson.

Should the Colts make a call and see what it would cost to pry Metcalf away?

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/dk_metcalf_not_present_for_mandatory_minicamp/s1_17039_37568883

ballard only shops at the dollar stores

7 hours ago, shasta519 said:

LOL. You talk about diminishing stats, like there wasn't a QB last season who was #1 in QBR (second season in a row), as well as:

#1 in passer rating (the second season in a row)

#1 in TD rate

#1 in INT rate

#1 in EPA/play

#1 in EPA+CPOE

#1 in DVOA

If last season's stats are supposed to be the argument, then Rodgers is clearly #1...for the past two seasons. No matter PFF says.

His numbers across the board were better than Brady's...he just had 188 less pass attempts, so less yardage and less TDs (can't fault a guy for efficiency).

But the criteria was combining past production, talent and future upside.

Yet their reasoning for Brady is about his career: 

Brady is the NFL's greatest quarterback ever, and it isn't close. So long as he's playing, he rules the position.

I never said anything about Brady not being near the the top of stats or not being a top tier QB, but one of the supposed three criteria for this is "future upside." And we have seen the upside of  Mahomes, Allen and Rodgers, and it is much higher than what Brady can do at his age.

And they have the past/recent production and talent as well. Which is why I would easily take them over Brady in the premise of who sets me up best to win NEXT season. And probably a couple more as well, like Herbert.

But ranking a QB situation for just the upcoming season is pretty pointless anyways.

I love Rodgers. I'd still take Brady for 1 season. 

Goat, and led the league in yards and TDs last seasons. 

You can pick stats that will support different QBs, sure. 

For just one season though, I'll stick with the two simplest stats (yards and TDs) from the most recent season, and his entire history of winning big games and SBs. It's that simple. 

Jonathan Taylor (precaution) still not practicing:

Day 2 of Colts minicamp today. Kenny Moore II is here but not practicing after tweaking something yesterday. Jonathan Taylor is also not active for the second straight day. pic.twitter.com/6Dsc9T4ltC

— Nate Atkins (@NateAtkins_) June 8, 2022

Connection Building Between Hines and Ryan:

Perfectly placed deep ball from Matt Ryan to Nyheim Hines on a go route for a 40-yard TD. #Colts

— George Bremer (@gmbremer) June 8, 2022

Matt Ryan to Nyheim Hines: pic.twitter.com/PPR8SDGhcg

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowen1070) June 8, 2022

Parris Still Impressing Early!

Parris Campbell with a terrific catch over a defender in the corner of the end zone. Beautifully placed ball by Matt Ryan just over the defender’s helmet. #Colts

— George Bremer (@gmbremer) June 8, 2022

Archived