Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

According to Joel Erickson, Colts CB Kenny Moore is not participating in on-field activities today to show displeasure with his current contract. Moore has two years remaining on his current contract where he stands to make $6.5 million this year and $6.795 million next year.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/24/2022 at 7:41 AM, philba101 said:

JJ Stankevitz of Colts.com reports that the Colts Dayo Odeyingbo admitted recently that he struggled getting acclimated to the NFL last season as he missed both the offseason and training camp due to injury. "I kind of got more comfortable towards the end of the year, but it was definitely a growing process coming into the year with no offseason, no camp and coming in off the injury trying to figure everything out. But towards the end of the year I started to get more comfortable, but definitely through this offseason I've made a lot of progress with my Achilles and just my body in general. So, I'm really excited for this season."

This is normal, even common with NFL rookies.   It’s why most rookies, even first rounders don’t do all that much.  That’s why rookies often make their expected jump in performance in their second and third years.   

And all this was compounded in 20 and 21 with Covid.   Practice was limited.  Time in meeting rooms was limited.   Time in the building was limited.   For young players, especially, that’s disorienting.   Hopefully things improve this year and beyond. 

If true, Moore should honor the contract he signed!

Players never receive less for under performing, or up to their comparative contract value.

Timing not great as the Colts missed the playoffs and were ranked 19th in Pass Defense. ( Yes, many factors affect this - pass rush etc..). Moore has been a good Colt, We need him on th field.

38 minutes ago, philba101 said:

According to Joel Erickson, Colts CB Kenny Moore is not participating in on-field activities today to show displeasure with his current contract. Moore has two years remaining on his current contract where he stands to make $6.5 million this year and $6.795 million next year.

The Deshawn Watson effect. Let him sit. 

17 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

If true, Moore should honor the contract he signed!

Players never receive less for under performing, or up to their comparative contract value.

Timing not great as the Colts missed the playoffs and were ranked 19th in Pass Defense. ( Yes, many factors affect this - pass rush etc..). Moore has been a good Colt, We need him on th field.

This statement is not true. Players that do not perform often have their contracts amended to take less money or they will be cut. And cutting a player is also that player receiving less money for under performing.   Happens all the time.  I am not saying Kenny should get "Moore" money or not, but teams cut players and renegotiate contracts all the time, players should have that right as well.

Kenny Moore is a hell of a player, love the guy. On my scale of bad, below average, average, above average, good, very good, great - he is good. It is just my opinion you should honor your contract that you agree too, then you can have talks about a raise. Win something too, at least be an impactful player that helps win the division even. To me true winning is going at least to the AFC Title game. I don't expect a SB win but yes that is the goal. Only 1 team does that though.

51 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kenny Moore is a hell of a player, love the guy. On my scale of bad, below average, average, above average, good, very good, great - he is good. It is just my opinion you should honor your contract that you agree too, then you can have talks about a raise. Win something too, at least be an impactful player that helps win the division even. To me true winning is going at least to the AFC Title game. I don't expect a SB win but yes that is the goal. Only 1 team does that though.

Personally, if a player wants a deal with 1 year to go, I would listen more.

2 years early seems a bit too soon....  If you give in too soon, you will have a line of players at your door seeking to renegotiate.....

Some people think I might not like a player but I love Kenny Moore, he is good but play your contract out and maybe win a ring is all I say - around here if you don't make the AFC Title Game it is a fail. He already makes huge money anyway. Have love for the game and have that want to win a ring. If I was a player, yes I would want to make a lot of money, I love money who doesn't? I also want to win, once you win, nobody can talk smack.

1 hour ago, Bleeds Blue said:

This statement is not true. Players that do not perform often have their contracts amended to take less money or they will be cut. And cutting a player is also that player receiving less money for under performing.   Happens all the time.  I am not saying Kenny should get "Moore" money or not, but teams cut players and renegotiate contracts all the time, players should have that right as well.

As far amended contracts that decrease salary, this applies far more times than not to players near the end of their careers whose production has declined. Yes, players are cut for underperforming, but guaranteed money must be paid. Teams cannot adjust a players current contract based on performance year to year.

The post was addressing failure to take the field as a form of protest while still under contract.  

Moore will have a chance to negotiate what he believes he is worth in the last year of his contract. If he has outperformed his contract relative to the current market he will get paid. The Colts in particular have been loyal in regards to paying their own players very well. He should honor the contract he signed.

The only change I would have made with the draft was to draft Chris Paul (guard) in round 5-6, and Coby Bryant (CB) in round 3.

Due to both players being good 3 point shooters, both also have the ability to kick field goals.

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Dulin actually was a 2nd team All Pro special teamer for 2021. 

So it's already happened lol.

Taylor, Leonard, and Rhodes (LS) made 1st team. 

Did not know that.  Thanks for the update.

7 hours ago, stitches said:

Frank didn't love him either(based on his actions, not his words):

Hicks has a tendency to imply his own meaning to things. The poster of that graph talks about Os being outdated or "prehistoric" scheme wise, not that coaches were afraid of the QB. But we all know it's likely a mix of both for some teams.

I'd guess if you looked at the same stats for 2020, it's be near the same, just with Rivers... Likely same for 2019 too.

Overall, Reich is simply stuck in a groove of short possession passing. 

And any team who has JT is likely to run more early downs than pass. Especially if you have the lead. 

4 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Have no idea what they are promoting him too.

I think it’s just Chris rewarding him for his outstanding contributions to the franchise and decided to do it by giving him a new title, more responsibility and raise.  Happens all the time in corporate America.  This action will only increase his stature around the league and I wouldn’t be surprised if next year is his year to get a GM’s position.

On 5/28/2022 at 8:10 AM, EastStreet said:

Dulin actually was a 2nd team All Pro special teamer for 2021. 

So it's already happened lol.

Taylor, Leonard, and Rhodes (LS) made 1st team. 

Title is still misleading.  He wasn’t All Pro WR….

5 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Title is still misleading.  He wasn’t All Pro WR….

lol, well he is a WR, and he was an All Pro.... 2nd team STs though lol... 

He definitely took some liberties... But I'll forgive Ashton. It's for a good cause (free youth camp)...

And overall in the grand scheme of things, we're more misled by our president, politicians, and media on a daily basis lol

laughing-hysterically.gif

RIP

12 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think it’s just Chris rewarding him for his outstanding contributions to the franchise and decided to do it by giving him a new title, more responsibility and raise.  Happens all the time in corporate America.  This action will only increase his stature around the league and I wouldn’t be surprised if next year is his year to get a GM’s position.

Well, Brown has been actively interviewing with other organizations...he clearly wants to move up. Ballard got the message.

And perhaps part of the feedback Brown got from his GM interviews is a lack of personnel experience, as his current role is on the college scouting side. 

I will be surprised if he gets a GM spot next year. It just takes a while. Dodds is the one that will probably go.

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

Well, Brown has been actively interviewing with other organizations...he clearly wants to move up. Ballard got the message.

And perhaps part of the feedback Brown got from his GM interviews is a lack of personnel experience, as his current role is on the college scouting side. 

I will be surprised if he gets a GM spot next year. It just takes a while. Dodds is the one that will probably go.

Brown and Ballard have worked together for some time now.  Even at a previous organization.  I think Ballard is showing him how much he supports him and is trying to get him that promotion.  Brown being a minority will probably help him with all of the current scrutiny going on in the league.  I could see him going before Dodds.  Dodds has the asst GM title I believe.  So he must be having issues with his interviews the past two years.  I remember reading where Dodds might not want the top job but he's interviewing anyways. So maybe he is being very particular.   They will probably both be gone next year.

NFLTR has named UDFA JoJo Domann as a player to watch this offseason for the Colts. The consensus on Domann from ESPN, NFL.com, The Athletic and others had him as a 4th or 5th-round pick as a modern coverage-first linebacker with additional value on special teams. The Colts may have found significant value as Domann slid out of the draft. Domann could make an interesting depth piece for the team as starter Darius Leonard continues to deal with an ankle issue and fellow starters Bobby Okereke and E.J. Speed are both in contract years. Domann's toughness and speed as well as coverage ability as a converted strong safety could offer the Colts flexibility now and possibly in the future.

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Nice. I miss crappie fishing in IN... Had some crazy crappie fish fries in my younger days. 

About 5yrs ago my brother and I went on a week long drinking binge and fished all week. That Saturday we had a big fish fry and the looks on some people’s faces when they found out we caught all of the fish was priceless. Most thought we bought fish from the store. We grew up doing fish frys at least once a month.  It’s just not like it used to be anymore. 

33 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

About 5yrs ago my brother and I went on a week long drinking binge and fished all week. That Saturday we had a big fish fry and the looks on some people’s faces when they found out we caught all of the fish was priceless. Most thought we bought fish from the store. We grew up doing fish frys at least once a month.  It’s just not like it used to be anymore. 

Lot of fish fries for me to in my younger years before I moved out of Indy. From the time I was a kid with family, to my mid 20s. Still have fish fries, but just not the same. Last one I had was after an AZ trout fishing trip. 

Back in the day though... We'd do huge crappie fish fries once a year late April / early May (like now) when they spawn. Had a great spot that my buddy found. We'd use simple rooster tails and just slay them all day. Caught over 200 in 2 days between 3 of us, and then had big cook out that Sunday. Took us a lot of beer to catch and clean all those fish lol. 

37 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Lot of fish fries for me to in my younger years before I moved out of Indy. From the time I was a kid with family, to my mid 20s. Still have fish fries, but just not the same. Last one I had was after an AZ trout fishing trip. 

Back in the day though... We'd do huge crappie fish fries once a year late April / early May (like now) when they spawn. Had a great spot that my buddy found. We'd use simple rooster tails and just slay them all day. Caught over 200 in 2 days between 3 of us, and then had big cook out that Sunday. Took us a lot of beer to catch and clean all those fish lol. 

I admit I just pay to go to a local fish fry now.  There is always some organization having one for a fundraiser.  Plus it gives me some time with my daughter bc she is a fish pheen. Tried taking her fishing a few times and she is ready to go after about 45min. So we stick to local frys as a good compromise. None of my fishing buddies throw frys anymore either. Closest we come to that is a buddy brings back trout for us when he fishes up north and I give him jam, pickles and salsa lol. 

Archived